Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a creative person?

Radost

Im don't seem creative because I can't get my ideas out my head and onto paper. its frustrating with my expressive language disorder.

Edited by charlton

I'd like to think I'm creative, but the big problem is I'm not successful. I make a lot of things, and get little to no response on most of them. As such, even if I am productive, I don't know whether it's worth it or not.

Considering I just sent Hasbro a proposal for a mmorpg of mlp I have to think am pretty good the only problem is I don't usually say anything about my idea much because am scared that people won't like my idea :-) actually me to show Hasbro my proposal is the first time I ever spoke up to show what I think so I guess am good but shy and sensitive about it

I would certainly say so! I keep a REALLY old notebook at home that my bro and I drew and wrote in when we were younger. Basically illustrations of our own Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Star Wars etc ideas and stuff. Heck I even wrote a 50 something paged incomplete fantasy novel complete with a map. I stopped writing after awhile namely because I felt it was getting cliched, but I may follow up and continue it later or start a new story altogether.

Most of the colored pencils I've used in the past are still there in the same plastic box along with the map illustrations along with that notebook. I simply don't have the heart to throw them away, much as I don't with my stuffed animals who I occasionally converse with. Hey, don't judge me. I'm not mentally ill, maybe just a bit lonely and wanting to have someone to talk about my day or say crude jokes to.

I think part of the reason why I'm creative is because part of me simply won't or just doesn't want to ever grow up.  

I'm a very creative person. I'm always have new ideas, both practical and artistic. But I have no means to fund any invention, and when you put a pencil or paintbrush in my hand, I lose all functionality of my brain whatsoever. 

I consider myself to be creative >< I love to write Fanfictions *Kills me to put mine on hold* Love to draw! And scolp ( Or how ever you spell it) Stuff into clay! I love making things all of the time.. I once even made a Pony in clay once ( The mini version ones!) It looked sho cute! Thank goodness i'm in art class again, 

I get a lot of really good ideas, I feel, so yes, I am creative. Where I struggle is translating those ideas into reality, but I'm working on that since I do want to be a musician when I grow up. Beyond that, my ability in all arts are at least decent. I can make sketches, write, and all that. 

So many people refer to themselves as not being a creative person.

I dont think thats true, I dont think its possible not to be a creative person unless you try. Creativity is something everybody is born with, its just that some are weaker than others but, it does not have to say that way.

Creativity is like a muscle, you have to work at to make it stronger. When I first started doing art, I would look at other peoples art work and hate mine, because other peoples art was always so much more unique, abstract and much more interesting then mine. I always thought my are was just flat out boring compared but, over time I just suddenly developed new ways to do things and made my own styles. 

Really all it is, is something you have to work at.  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I really would like to think so - I can't draw to save my life, but I do try to write creatively as much as I can; mostly poems, a few fanfics and novels. Hopefully gonna try my hand at music writing soon...

• 6 years later...

Oh DEFINITELY a creative person. Frustratingly so at times. Because my brain produces art ideas at a MUCH faster rate than I could ever produce the art itself. XD 

Edited by ShadOBabe

• 2 weeks later...

If it's art then I cannot do it. Tabletop RPGs are also kind of difficult because I cannot really get "in character" too. Drawing was the worst subject in school for me. Technical drawing (blueprints) in the University was kind of OK OTOH, I remember it was easier to do it in Autocad than on paper (especially the isometric projection). 

I can make some "creative" network configuration or something when needed though.