Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

Womp womp. :c

Hey Caps, what Linux distro would you most recommend? I revived my old laptop from the dead but the Windows install went corrupt and I didn't feel like making a repair disc so I wiped it. I was thinking Ubuntu, but I always go with Ubuntu :derp:

When I say I revived my laptop, I mean it wouldn't turn on one day with the power supply connected. And then one day it did. XD

The thing is probably 6-7 years old.Β 

Edited by Ralts

Yes, I do live in Germany :derp:

Β 

Uhm, for an old laptop it's probably a good idea to put Linux Mint or Ubuntu Mate on it. Some lightweight distro like that :)

Or if you really want to go really lightweight and know exactly what you're doing, you can always install Arch Linux :lol:

Okay, so I found my activity page (stats are gone as well :|) (and where is that Fluttershy :| emoji??)

But anyway, activity shows 25 posts per page, I posted almost exclusively in CtaM, and I got 1084 pages of activity.
That makes me have somewhere around 27.000 posts in CtaM :)

Β 

Β 

Edited by Das Capschen
we're totally off track!

3 minutes ago, Das Capschen said:

Yes, I do live in Germany :derp:

Β 

Uhm, for an old laptop it's probably a good idea to put Linux Mint or Ubuntu Mate on it. Some lightweight distro like that :)

Or if you really want to go really lightweight and know exactly what you're doing, you can always install Arch Linux :lol:

Well it ran Win 10 Pro without any hang ups. Ubuntu recommends a 2.0 CPU but mine runs at 1.4 because Toshiba. :muffins: I installed Ubuntu last night and it Seems to run fine. I'll try Mint out and see how I like it. :)

Edited by Ralts

I mean, I was watching YouTube videos on my laptop while it was installing it's frickin OS.

Why is MS not picking up on this kind of thing?

• Brohoof 1

Anyway, I'll try Mint when I get home. I'm pretty familiar with Ubuntu.Β 

It's so funny because I picked up Ubuntu pretty quickly. I've used that less than Mac and I'm useless on a Mac. I used to think Linux was reserved only for the nerdiest techies. Like programmers and developers. I thought it operated like DOS before I ever saw it. :derp: I never considered that it could be used as a general purpose OS :)

I think that's the reason Linux has such a small marketshare, people think they know what Linux is, but in actuality, it's quite different.

Edited by Das Capschen
  • Brohoof 1

:lol:

Filly! :3

Β 

1 minute ago, Das Capschen said:

The new forum is so slow, I get ninja'd after I already posted :okiedokieloki:

Imagine doing it on mobile. :nom:

Edited by Ralts
  • Brohoof 2