Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

Well, I'm making my engine on Unreal Engine, just using it as a base for the graphics and a notch for the physics, but I can't find a way to make a pegasus fly when pressing the jump button while in mid-air.

Ah alright.

well you should be able to check if you character touches the floor after pressing jump.

UE4 automatically performs floor-checks each tick (if you use the Character class and didn't all write it yourself), so you can query if you're touching the floor.

If you are, perform the jump function, else call the fly function.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/Runtime/Engine/GameFramework/ACharacter/index.html

if you do write it yourself, you should be able to trace downward by half your characters height and then check if you collided with something (make sure to ignore your character while tracing!)

if you did collide with something, it's probably floor. to be more sure that it is floor, only trace for world static.

Awesome, they fixed the bug on Favela that tanked my framerate to 20 :flutterhat:

But at the same time you now only get 40 renown for singleplayer THunt :okiedokieloki:

I like the hat emoticons :fluttercutehat:

Also thanks Dawn :P

This is going to be strange when I switch back eventually and someone reads this :lol:

Ooh, you play r6s too Caps Katie? So do Caps and myself, perhaps we could all play around together?

Hmm, thunt lone wolf has been variable. Sometimes 0 sometimes 38 and other times 100+ renown ??