Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

(edited)

1 hour ago, Buttertoast said:

I'm pretty excited to see mini ITX Ryzen builds in the future. :3 I love the direction Lisa Su is taking AMD. It's nice to see them finally messing around with Intel's monopoly on the CPU market again. I really think this could be a repeat of K7. :)

I think it kind of is a repeat already...

Pretty stoked to see how Threadripper goes, 'cause if the top-level 16-core model of Threadripper is just $850 like all those rumors, then Intel will really need to do some serious rebuilding. Even if it's $1000 or $1100, it's still a little less than half the price of the equivalent Core i9 CPU, and especially the 18-core i9.

Man, is this such a good year for PC stuff. :love:

Edited by Fillypino Fried
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
12 hours ago, Fillypino Fried said:

-quoth the filleh-

Dude, if it Threadripper really does bury anything Intel has to offer, that really cuts into Intel's profits.Β 

And I think that that's what it's all about. I think it's less about being top dog and more about undercutting Intel to the point that going with an Intel CPU is either incredibly stupid or a display of blatant fanboyism. They just couldn't do that with FX, even if they were selling 9590's for 20 bucks. Now AMD's offerings compete like Intel CPUs and they're priced like AMD. I love it. I'm sure the investors want AMD to take a greater profit on it, but if they keep up this trend, I think prices will eventually have to level out. They won't be able to keep it up into perpetuity. But holy shit is it nice to see them finally shaking things up.

I think AMD's biggest corporate culture problem has been that they themselves see the company as the little brother. I think even Jerry Sanders was quoted saying they they didn't have to be as good as Intel so long as the company made money. And they do have a history of being the little brother, but someone's gotta give Intel something to compete with.Β 

I guess if AMD ever fails, it would be pretty cool to see Samsung jump into the desktop processor market, but I don't think that if Samsung did that that they would ever price themselves like AMD.Β 

But yeah, I watched JayzTwoCents' video highlighting this topic where Intel is going to releaseΒ Coffee LakeΒ super early because they're freaking out over this Ryzen/Threadripper thing.Β 

What a time to be alive, yo.

EDIT: WTF KIND OF NAME IS THREADRIPPER?? :'D

Edited by Buttertoast
  • Brohoof 1

Ay Filly and Candle.

You know what sounds like a sin of the highest degree?

Putting a Honda motor in a Mustang GT :nom:

• Brohoof 1

That looks like Need for Speed Underground 2? Maybe?

Idk, it's been a minute since I booted up the ol' GameCube.

"Obvs FWD is better than RWD or otherwise the Civic would be RWD"

Holy shit :'D

I got Most Wanted on PS2 OuO

But I spent most of my time on my PS2 playing Gran Turismo 4.

You know - as much flack as the old Civics - like the EF and EG and EK - tend to catch, those cars are legendary for being

1. Reliable AF
  2. Cheap AF
  3. Easy AF to fix
  4. Easy AF on gas (petrol) and
  5. Cheap AF to fix.

You can't kill an old Honda motor - I speak from experience beating on my Prelude. And when you do kill it, parts and mechanics are readily available since those cars are basically everywhere and everybody and their mother knows how to work on a Civic. And if you choose to do it yourself, you can zombie a blown Honda motor back to life with a stick you found on the ground.Β But really, those cars are so basic that there's really nothing to break on them. You have a motor. You have a steering wheel. You have tires, seats, and a stick. And maybe air conditioning. There's pretty much nothing to break on them ^^

Which is why I plan on buying one or a similar car from the time after me and my gf move.Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFB9w2Rh0Y

omai

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, NFS Most Wanted. The first game I ever consciously got hooked into as a keedo. :')

That part they stuck their banana into the fan.Β ( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°)

• Brohoof 1