Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Doctor and Ditzy’s Science Theater

Carver

Hello. I have decided to try my hand at fanfiction again. It's been awhile. I thought it would be fun to do a MST3K fic again. Presenting Doctor and Ditzy’s Science Theater! Staring...The Doctor and Ditzy Doo! You can find it here.

sig-1745466.sig-1745466.sig-1745466.sig-

Today's story is The Moon's Wrath by Dolphy Blue Drake

Synopsis:

Small Dragons, Big Hearts: Unity is Power: S1E01—In a world where every pony is a dragon, every dragon is a pony, and all genders are reversed, even the most well-known stories of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic can turn out far differently. Join Nightfall Sheen and Wishful Legend—the counterparts to Twilight Sparkle and Spike—to find out just how much of a difference swapping genders and race really makes, even in the story that started it all.

Chapter 32 is done.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

If you have a fanfic recommendation, comments, or criticisms please leave a comment or PM. Please NO clop or fanfiction with extreme violence. I am not going to do those at all. I doing a more family friendly series and it is going to be relatively clean. Besides everyone else does them. I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Carver
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 2 is finally done. You can find it in the opening post. Glad I'm done with it. I had a bit of difficult with it. It was a slow chapter, so it was difficult finding things to say. Next chapter of Guardians of Magic is over 13,000 words...what have I gotten myself into?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

It took some time. Longer then expected, but the third chapter is finally finished. Definitely is my favorite chapter so far. I had a lot of fun writing it. This chapter was really good for riffing material. I hope you will enjoy it too. You can find it here.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Another chapter is done just in time for Halloween/Nightmare Night! (Kinda) And it is a special Halloween/Nightmare Night chapter, even though it is just the fourth chapter of Guardians of Magic... You can find it here.

Edit:

I have finally choosen the next story I will do. It will be The Darkness of Love by The Grimm Reaper.

Edited by Carver

• 1 month later...

New chapter! This is one is a two parter. This chapter has chapters 4 and 5 of Guardians of Magic, As I said in my last post, this will be be the last few chapters of Guardians of Magic I am doing for now.  Next time I am doing  Darkness of Love by Grimm Reaper.

Chapter 5

Part 1 (Chapter 4)

Part 2 (Chapter 5)

Also I created new cover art for DDST. You can check it out in the opening post. What do you think?

Hey! Would you mind if I did a dramatic reading of Doctor and Ditzy's Science Theatre? Like recorded myself reading Episode 1 out loud? It's really funny. 

Sure! I would love that. Just post a link when you are finished. I really want to listen to it.

So I did a cold read of the first episode.  T'was hard not to laugh sometimes :)

Nice job, it was a bit over-dramatic, but it was fun. Are you going to do more chapters? One suggestion, when the the Doctor or Ditzy say something as a different character, maybe you should say. 'The Doctor as blank' to make the joke a little more clear. I will be sure to give this reading a shout out in the chapter. Good work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You're good.

You're REALLY good.

You're REALLY REALLY good.

You're REALLY REALLY REALLY good.

GOD DAMMIT! WHY I'M NOT YOU?!

Im having a hard time at comedy, any advise?

Hmm. I don't know if I am the best person for this, but I will try. I recommend watching and reading both good and bad comedies. Decipher what works and what doesn't. That should give you a good base to work with. Find what style of comedy you like and what type suits you best.

Whenever I riff something, I write whatever I find amusing and funny, and hope someone else finds it entertaining too. I read any story I am going to riff months in advance. It gives me time to think and come up with jokes and gag. I think stuff like, 'how would the Doctor respond to that?', or ‘won't it be funny if Ditzy reacted this way’.

I like having the Doctor and Ditzy work off of each other. They have very distinctive personalities and lot of the comedy come from their reactions. Both to the story they are reading and to each other. So I think up reactions and remarks that I think would be funny, without breaking character. I think good comedies have consistency. I avoid anything that doesn't fit their character.

I think good comedies have heart and an edge of seriousness to them. Despite how silly things get, the characters act like people. They have something that makes the reader invest themselves in the characters. Take the 21 Jump Street movie. Despite all the funny things that happen, it has a strong emotional core with characters that think and feel. The brotherly bond between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum characters feels real and that really makes the movie work.

Don’t have the characters wink and nudge at the camera. It is a lot funnier if the characters treat everything like it is reality. Take Airplane for example, so many crazy and silly things happen, but the characters treat everything like it is a serious drama. No one is aware they are in a comedy, and that is what makes the movie so funny. Particularly Leslie Nielsen’s character.

Does this help? Feel free to ask any questions.

Hmm. I don't know if I am the best person for this, but I will try. I recommend watching and reading both good and bad comedies. Decipher what works and what doesn't. That should give you a good base to work with. Find what style of comedy you like and what type suits you best.

Whenever I riff something, I write whatever I find amusing and funny, and hope someone else finds it entertaining too. I read any story I am going to riff months in advance. It gives me time to think and come up with jokes and gag. I think stuff like, 'how would the Doctor respond to that?', or ‘won't it be funny if Ditzy reacted this way’.

I like having the Doctor and Ditzy work off of each other. They have very distinctive personalities and lot of the comedy come from their reactions. Both to the story they are reading and to each other. So I think up reactions and remarks that I think would be funny, without breaking character. I think good comedies have consistency. I avoid anything that doesn't fit their character.

I think good comedies have heart and an edge of seriousness to them. Despite how silly things get, the characters act like people. They have something that makes the reader invest themselves in the characters. Take the 21 Jump Street movie. Despite all the funny things that happen, it has a strong emotional core with characters that think and feel. The brotherly bond between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum characters feels real and that really makes the movie work.

Don’t have the characters wink and nudge at the camera. It is a lot funnier if the characters treat everything like it is reality. Take Airplane for example, so many crazy and silly things happen, but the characters treat everything like it is a serious drama. No one is aware they are in a comedy, and that is what makes the movie so funny. Particularly Leslie Nielsen’s character.

Does this help? Feel free to ask any questions.

Looks like we have the same thoughts on comedy. And yes, it did help.

But i often find myself, and i don't feel proud about this, stealing jokes form other sources and i don't what to end up putting Team Four Star jokes on my Fic <_< (Like in Darkness of love)

Anyway, thanks.

Looks like we have the same thoughts on comedy. And yes, it did help.

But i often find myself, and i don't feel proud about this, stealing jokes form other sources and i don't what to end up putting Team Four Star jokes on my Fic <_< (Like in Darkness of love)

Anyway, thanks.

I would be prefectly happy to pre-read your fic and make comments and suggestions on it if you want. It would be fun.

I would be prefectly happy to pre-read your fic and make comments and suggestions on it if you want. It would be fun.

That would be awesome, thanks!

Too bad i haven't even finished chapter 1 :/

But, im getting there, i'll pass it to you as soons as i finish it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

New chapter! This time I will be riffing The Legend of Starlight-Book 2: Love at Second Sight. It took forever, but I think I am happy with what I came up with. Also, I have decided the next two stories I am going to do. They will be An "Unreal" Day by Brian Jacko (Decided not post link because I am unsure if it breaks the rules) and Dax's Despair by Dark Angel AW. I am sort of breaking my own rules with An Unreal Day since it is rated Mature, but it isn't that violent. Honestly, Darkness of Love was way more violent then that story.

I hope you enjoy the story. Feel free comments and suggestion. I would love to hear them! Thank you twow443 for letting me do your story.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Epilogue

Edited by Carver

• 1 month later...

Hello again. Chapter 13 is done! This time I will be riffing Starlight Saga; ‘The Legend of Starlight-Book 3: The Good, The Bad, and the Trixie’ and ‘The Legend of Starlight, Book 4: To Love and to Lust’. I am changing the schedule a little bit. Since I missed doing one last year, this year I am going to a special Halloween/Nightmare chapter. And I found the perfect “horror’ story to do. It’s called The Beginning of the End by pinkie_pie240. And its a bad one. It should be done by Halloween hopefully.

I hope you enjoy the story. Feel free comments and suggestion. I would love to hear them! Thank you twow443 for letting me do your story.

Part 1- Part 2 - Part 3 -Part 4 -Part 5

• 1 month later...