Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You get to detonate a nuclear bomb

Vapor Trail

yes i would.

if really nobody gets hurt, and it is at a nuclear testing ground where bombs have been set off before, then i would.

i mean, how often do you get the chance to blow up something with the most powerfull explosion known to mankind?

• Brohoof 2

Oh heck yes I would! My inner Oppenheimer is squeeing for such an opportunity!... I would actually be really morally conflicted, because you know, nukes aren't exactly that good for the environment or really for anyone. I would love the explosion, hate the after effects and detest the reason the nuke is being tested in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Well if nobodies going to get hurt heck yeah I would do that. If I don't then someone else would and I would regret it for the rest of my life. But if I had to use it on living animals I would never be able to do that. I mean someone's going to do it, it might as well be me.

Edited by Rappy0
  • Brohoof 1

Probably, since it would be a nice little preview of the potential demise of our species and this planet as a whole. Though I would probably be satisfying America's military fetish at the same time. Meh, like I said, it would be a glimpse of the future, so that would be cool. It would be neat to set off a Tsar bomb. Sure, the fallout would destroy the environment, but the human species doesn't really care, as a whole.

Edited by Kyoshi

Yes...I would.  The redneck side of me says "Heck ya!  Lets blow some stuff up!"  But the green side of me says "Woah, that isn't going to be good for our atmosphere nor the land around the test site."  So the compromise would be only if they were going to do it whether or not I was present.  If they only wanted to set it off if I wanted to...then no.

• Brohoof 1

Naw, i don't like war, or nuclear weapons, so it'd be going hypocrit on myself kinda.

Plus even if nobody is directly hurt, the environment is still harmed. Yeah I sound like a greenfreak for that, but i like earth. :P.

• Brohoof 5

Darn skippy I would detonate that warhead. No one will get hurt, so it's no big deal for me. Besides, This would give me the opportune time to try out my maniacal laugh. Thus, making me feel like a mad scientist.

• Brohoof 4

The power to destroy worlds...in the palm of my hand. The ultimate weapon and I get to fire it. I think I would in fact press the button. It would be insanely cool to watch the explosion. 

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool setting off a nuclear weapon, just to see what would happen and prevent America from using my nuclear weapon of mass destruction against any international enemies just yet. They would have to pay me first. So, yeah I would do it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure nopony should ever say no to this. Who wouldn't blow up a massive Nuclear warhead, watch it mushroom, and see the aftermath, All without any consequences?

• Brohoof 1

Not really. I'm not really the kind of guy who's always looking for things to experience. And of course, I would be too afraid in case I accidentally screw up somehow. You would also have to think about the environment, especially the soil and the atmosphere.

If I was forced, on the other hand...

Wow, that would be a dream come true. I love nuclear weapons and it would be so awesome detonating one. (Obsessed with them).

I would play heartache by the numbers and just enjoy the show.. It would be so awesome.

Also, I know all of the consequences of a nuclear bomb, it's just that I don't care and it's part of the destructive force that I'm in love with.

So yeah, I would.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

As tempting as it sounds, I feel I should decline to such an offer.  Seeing a nuclear warhead detonate would only remind me of the destruction we have been forced to unleash upon other people --even justified.  I have seen too much to allow an atom bomb to fuel my imagination if you know what I mean.

If you were given the opportunity to detonate a nuclear warhead at a test site would you do it?

Uh... Can I put a kitten and a puppy on the ground zero? And a high-speed camera streaming to youtube. I bet the resulting chaos would be a blast.