Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You get to detonate a nuclear bomb

Vapor Trail

what happened to the elements of Harmony? i though bronies were meant to be harmonious.

You seriously bought that old sales pitch? Pretty much every bronies from the 1st season know that Love & Tolerate was meant to shoo the orcs away. There ain't no harmony in this place but explosives and Ditzy Doo.

iLdUAxF.jpg

• Brohoof 8

At a test site? Heck yes. I'd love to experience the mindblowing power, personally. I'd love to stare in awe at the extreme devastation that can be caused by physics in a way that didn't involve people being harmed.

Edited by Tails_155

No...  I wouldn't do it due to the effect it will have on the environment.  We still have particles of radioactive dust from Hiroshima/ Nagasaki floating around in the atmosphere and we are still feeling the effects from the Fukushima incident(in both the air and the ocean).  So no bombs for me :P. 

I am sensing a lot of testosterone here because most of you sound like war mongers, seriously though, what happened to the elements of Harmony? i though bronies were meant to be harmonious.

Sorry, mate. We've all been corrupted already by too many hours on videogames and lack of new episodes.

In my case, I blame the smell of gunpowder in my fingerless gloves and the French infantry sword I bought a few weeks ago.

No.

Why?

the Fallout created from the bomb would travel for miles and screw people over.  There would be many radioactive particles lurking around.  Even if the test site is far away, it would have a pretty bad effect on wildlife.

Edited by John

I would do set it off, but only after wiring up a lot of HD slow-mo cameras to capture the explosion and following mushroom cloud.

• Brohoof 1

I would only do this for one of two reasons

A- I get to stand near the blast and survive giving me the powers of the hulk.... ​Or disintegrating my flesh.....

B- Its for the "Orion" nuclear pulse propulsion rocket.

At first I was like, "Hells Yeah!"

But then after reading all these other posts, and remember my common sense, I'm pretty sure despite civilation being far away from the detonation, the environment all around would be permanently ruined. Plus like some one said, the radioactive fallout could spread out for many hundreds of miles, eventually reaching and affecting nearby communities.

I'll only say yes if we could detonate it somewhere other than Earth. Maybe the moon? Or Mars?

Then somehow, with the aid of a super powerful telescope or within the view of possible spacecraft I could watch the marvelous explosion take place.

• Brohoof 1

No for two reasons, first I would be concerned about the potential effects on the environment and I really wish those horrid things were never invented. Seriously, if there is any weapon that could truly be called evil it is these things, we would all be better if they had never been invented.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but only as long as it's a hydrogen bomb so the radiation would be minimal. I mean you need to test what you might need to resort to if a freaking asteroid is coming towards us. (Btw I think our race is not going to be able to stop an asterioid in time with space warheads, we're too stupid)

Duh...

Of corse I would!

I'd get to polute the air with radiation and... Stuff... Who wouldn't want to do that? XD

Also... I don't care if people are harmed or not... I'm that evil!

I would press that button as soon as possible. I will keep pressing it till the explosion disappears. Then I will proceed to beg the people at the test side to let me blow another one.

The only place where I would detonate a weapon of mass destruction, of any kind is inside a video game.

Enough of these thing have been detonated already and nothing good comes out of it that I bet we could not achieve by other means.

• Brohoof 1

I would not.  Radiation stays for a long time, basically ruining the environment around it.  Then the radiation can travel with the winds.  I wouldn't want to test something the world would be better off without.  

I dont need 25 kills to do it, I'm there (bad cod refrence) but to be able to set off such mass destruction oh yeah gimmie the code sir it's going off and just for the hell of it I'm yelling with a russian accent over loud speakers "Enemy nuclear device incoming, it's over"

This is also given the fact ut would never happen

Edited by DaReaper

Absolutely not! You'd have to be a complete psycopath or oblivious to any consequences to say that you would. I really think seeing a cool explosion is the dumbest reason to destroy an ecosystem. There are far more effects beyond just the initial explosion.

To be honest, I'm appalled at anyone who said that they would do it, joking or not. Seriously, some of the posts here disgust me, I can't believe people can say such things.

The human race is looking top notch when people think that nuclear weapons are cool.

Edited by James
  • Brohoof 2

No I wouldn't do anything like that. 

As others have mentioned the fallout would be pretty bad and it lasts for a long time so I wouldn't do anything to hurt the environment.  

Probably not, no. Outside of the drastic environmental consequences of testing a nuclear weapon (which factors heavily into my decision), I would feel morally disinclined to detonate a weapon with such destructive power. Frankly speaking, I'd rather see the world disarmed of every single warhead.

That's my spiel for the day.

• Brohoof 3