Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anime Cat Ears for males

BronyPony

I don't know how, but I grew a sudden urge to wear anime cat ears. Though, I wanted to ask(though this question is probably like asking if bring a brony is bad for men), is there anything wrong with males wearing cat ears? Not in the sense that it is illegal, but is it considered...how would I put it...

Anyways, I was thinking about getting a hat like this:

cat-ear-hat-anime-21912367503.jpeg

This is probably one of the weirdest questions because it is probably a silly question.

• Brohoof 4

I have seen a couple of buddies who wore these kind of hats on high school for attention.

I find it okay, but personally, I wouldn't wear one.

As for you however, go ahead, just be careful, those with clothing like these indicate that they're a fan of anime or something, and will get made fun of or questioned like a friend of mines.

Personally, I don't find a thing wrong with it. Actually, I find it extremely adorable. >3<

It's not that big of a deal, and it's actually quite cute. 

to be really honest here, I would raise an eyebrow even if it was in a geeky convention, but I'll have to see the rest of the outfit and the guy.

That beanie for example, looks really cool, very suitable for a guy, I would wear it if it looked good on me :)

I would actually love to have one of those hats. They look both comfortable and awesome.

And I guess it really depends on the people you're with/around. I really don't see a problem with them (as you can probably tell :P).

I have seen a couple of buddies who wore these kind of hats on high school for attention.

I find it okay, but personally, I wouldn't wear one.

As for you however, go ahead, just be careful, those with clothing like these indicate that they're a fan of anime or something, and will get made fun of or questioned like a friend of mines.

Many people at the school I go to actually enjoy anime(especially since we have exchange students from that part of the world).

to be really honest here, I would raise an eyebrow even if it was in a geeky convention, but I'll have to see the rest of the outfit and the guy.

That beanie for example, looks really cool, very suitable for a guy, I would wear it if it looked good on me :)

The only part involving a cat part would be the cat ears, if that is what you are thinking. 

Something about having anime cat ears sparks some light in me on my true character I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Many people at the school I go to actually enjoy anime(especially since we have exchange students from that part of the world).

The only part involving a cat part would be the cat ears, if that is what you are thinking. 

Something about having anime cat ears sparks some light in me on my true character I guess.

Glad to hear it then bud.

Sorry if that sounded rough, my days in high school was a living hell with morons and mainstream people...

But that's great that many are into what your into, so I would go for it then.

I would totally wear anime cat ears at a convention, just for people to stare and actually just adore my cat ears. :) That would just be living the strange dream. :P

(edited)

Glad to hear it then bud.

Sorry if that sounded rough, my days in high school was a living hell with morons and mainstream people...

But that's great that many are into what your into, so I would go for it then.

The problem is most of these hats that are sold are mainly men for the female gender, not male(since I mostly see ones that are sold for women), though it could just be that the hat fits all male and female.

I would totally wear anime cat ears at a convention, just for people to stare and actually just adore my cat ears. :) That would just be living the strange dream. :P

To be honest, I have always had this animal-like character since I was young, wanting to be a wolf and other animals(call it a mental illness if you want).

Something about the animal anatomy wants me to have some of their features, whether realistically or through the clothes I wear. A hat with ears would be sufficient. Anime styles especially spark my interest.

Edited by BronyPony
  • Brohoof 1

These days i think its getting lighter as to the way its seen. Most probably wouldn't see it as a bad thing in the younger crowd.

But with the usual problem areas, older people, non-anime fans (claimed since its usually a lie), or general jerks.

That aside, personally, I see no problems myself, TBH i have a set of Neurowear nekomimi hanging in the other room :)

You want a few good laughs, and people looking at you funny, wear some brainwave controlled cat ears around :P

Wore them on Xmas last year in response to people always having those silly reindeer ears/antlers. Old people aside, and my brothers odd comment, not many said much to me. I'm sure someone said somethings behind my back, but only 2 people to my face.

Wore them while driving around one day and had a group of college kids laughing their asses off at how cool it was too :P

Half derogatory probably, but the audible comments weren't.

Course I also have my project with the pony ears on a hoodie.. Not sure if that counts though cause i'm rebuilding the original setup rather than making my own... 

In the end I try not to concern myself with what anyone else thinks, i'm not out to impress them.

Outside of a formal meeting, or location, I find little need to care what others think.

Edited by GrimCW

These days i think its getting lighter as to the way its seen. Most probably wouldn't see it as a bad thing in the younger crowd.

But with the usual problem areas, older people, non-anime fans (claimed since its usually a lie), or general jerks.

That aside, personally, I see no problems myself, TBH i have a set of Neurowear nekomimi hanging in the other room :)

You want a few good laughs, and people looking at you funny, wear some brainwave controlled cat ears around :P

Course i also have my project with the pony ears on a hoodie.. Not sure if that counts though cause i'm rebuilding the original setup rather than making my own... 

I wish I had some of those, since displaying emotions through cat ears is amazing. However, for now I think a simple hat would be fine.

• Brohoof 1

I'd wear them, and a nice kitty tale to go with them =^.^= Sometimes I wish I was a cat.

The problem is most of these hats that are sold are mainly men for the female gender, not male(since I mostly see ones that are sold for women), though it could just be that the hat fits all male and female.

Oh who cares? I'd wear pink cat ears, with a pink cat tail. *meow* 

I'd wear them, and a nice kitty tale to go with them =^.^= Sometimes I wish I was a cat.

Oh who cares? I'd wear pink cat ears, with a pink cat tail. *meow* 

HatCatGrey.jpg

This one looks nice. Only if there was a store that sold these(insufficient online credits). I guess I will have to wait to get some.

I wish I had some of those, since displaying emotions through cat ears is amazing. However, for now I think a simple hat would be fine.

They're fun, and to some degree i question the validity of their function, but then again they probably partially run off BloodPressure and my BP is usually high..

They also vibrate a little when they work so its like having a little massage on your scalp while they're running :)

Downsides are few.. the little noise the motors make is small, but the hard plastic head band can dig into the scalp a bit after awhile :(

that aside love'em :)

This one looks nice. Only if there was a store that sold these(insufficient online credits). I guess I will have to wait to get some.

img-1747552-1-HatCatGrey.jpg

Some stores do.

Anime shops, hot topic, F.Y.E. and its associates. 

Edited by GrimCW

They're fun, and to some degree i question the validity of their function, but then again they probably partially run off BloodPressure and my BP is usually high..

They also vibrate a little when they work so its like having a little massage on your scalp while they're running :)

Downsides are few.. the little noise the motors make is small, but the hard plastic head band can dig into the scalp a bit after awhile :(

that aside love'em :)

It would be interesting if they had plastic surgery that would embed them into your skull(I know this sounds gross, but if you know what I am getting at).  :lol:

It would be interesting if they had plastic surgery that would embed them into your skull(I know this sounds gross, but if you know what I am getting at).  :lol:

They can grow new ear cartilage onto a rats back.. guess what else they could do if you really wanted them too :P

trick is finding a doc that'll take up the niche market.

There are some that already do a little snip on the ears to make them pointy like an elf.

Doubt the implant style ones would work though unless you managed to train the muscles in your head.. 

Edited by GrimCW

I actually bought and wore one of those hats awhile ago, then I saw somebody on a bicycle going down the street with one on and thought "That is the goofiest looking thing..." and stopped wearing mine.

I don't know how, but I grew a sudden urge to wear anime cat ears. Though, I wanted to ask(though this question is probably like asking if bring a brony is bad for men), is there anything wrong with males wearing cat ears? Not in the sense that it is illegal, but is it considered...how would I put it..

I think these hats are cool but wouldn't wear one myself. Being a male with long hair, I would wear one of those U-shaped hair bands to hold my hair back if it had cat ears. Not those cheesy Halloween props but something realistic. I get tired of the pony tale look. Wear what you're comfortable wearing, I see enough dudes in skinny jeans so I wouldn't worry too much about it being feminine. B)

Slightly off topic, but I think this fits:

I don't get something. How come wearing a hat with cat ears is somewhat socially acceptable, at least within certain social groups, but if I try wearing a dolman instead of a hoodie I'm considered a weirdo?

I don't think wearing cat ears is weird, and it seems most people here don't either.

I WANT ONE OF THESE!

-13692.jpg

Edited by Mr. Kochi Bracegirdle

There is nothing wrong with a guy wearing anime cat ears. I wouldn't wear them because it's not my thing, but I respect those who do wear them. It's just their choice of style and I'm okay with it. :)

Any social restrictions on fashion based on gender that exist, only exist because people acknowledge them. I'm glad that you said this is a silly question to ask, it means that you understand that you really shouldn't care about our opinion of what you wear. But you still asked the question, which means you do care at least a bit. don't care. Don't ask, just do it. Wear what you want to wear. Women broke down a lot of gender barriers sixty years ago when they started wearing pants, now it's time for men to break down the social barriers that exist for them. Wear your cat ears and prove that cat ears are not strictly a "feminine" thing. Break down the walls. Here's to straight men in skirts.

• Brohoof 2

To be really honest, I find anime cat ears to look very stupid, no matter who's wearing them - male or female. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have the right to wear them (you should), but I can't even remotely understand the appeal.

Edited by Envy

To be really honest, I find anime cat ears to look very stupid, no matter who's wearing them - male or female. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have the right to wear them (you should), but I can't even remotely understand the appeal.

And people can't understand why men like My Little Pony, people can't understand why some people won't eat meat, and some people can't understand why some men like pink. Welcome to the Land of Confusion(Genesis).

• Brohoof 1

I kinda wanted to make some pony ears and find a way to stick them on my motorcycle helmet.
They would have to be solid so they resemble ears when being hit by wind. I have no idea how to model them, what adhesive to use to get them to stick or what material to make the ears out of. Any advice would be appreciated

I kinda wanted to make some pony ears and find a way to stick them on my motorcycle helmet.

They would have to be solid so they resemble ears when being hit by wind. I have no idea how to model them, what adhesive to use to get them to stick or what material to make the ears out of. Any advice would be appreciated

Check on Etsy for some good ones.

I usually get the ones from YaYaHan myself.

Then shave'em down to fit nice on the outer edge, and use an epoxy or gorilla glue, that should work :)

If you really worry about it you could put a post in them to add to the stability, but thats not recommended since it'll weaken the helmet.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1