Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would the best Pony be to comfort you?

Bendy

Celestia. She's the perfect mommy like character.

Or maybe Derpy, because she's just so sweet and sincere.

Or maybe Rarity. She would tell me how fabulous I am, give me a hug, and take me to the spa.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my glob, Twilight Sparkle times every infinity ever.

Being perfectly honest, I've thought about this before.

I, like most, have had my fair share of dark and sad days.

I've been sad, lonely, and miserable. On the worst of days, all 3 at once, it's a heartbreaking thing.

But you know what I did? I used my Photoshop magic to give myself a smile on the days where I am sad.

Sorry about shameless advertising, but this is honestly what I look at when I'm feeling blue, Twilight Sparkle, as always, comes in to save the day.

Link

Doesn't it make you smile? ^^ <3

Edited by ThatOneSonicFan

I think it would be fluttershy, she comforts the animals really well so she would probably as good with humans.

Edited by Brechard

Twilight for Solutions

Applejack for Wisdom

Rainbow for Moral Support

Flutters for overall Care/Comfort

Pinkie for Cheer/Glee

Rarity for...eh..her Generosity? Or just the idea that you have a well-known pretty-girl to talk to.

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)
  • Brohoof 1

even though I'm a huge Twilight fan...it would have to be Flutter Shy.

How dare you betray the Sparkle Empire! Traitor!

(I'm kidding! ^^)

Probably Fluttershy, she is good animals, why couldn't she also be awesome with us humans, plus her soft little voice would be like a massage for my troubled mind. I think Dashie would, or might just be a little overly harsh.

Hmm...Pinkie Pie is not any of my choices, simply because I think she would offer the wrong kind of comfort for me. Princess Luna would have been my first choice...but I've been reading the answers and I think Celestia would help the most. I can just imagine her holding her hooves out wordlessly, holding me tight and wrapping her wings around me, and just hugging me for a long time. Then she would pull back a little, and ask me what was wrong, and maybe she would allow me some sort of visit to my old home.

Celestia would be the best. :)

Pinkie might be able to cheer me up in the short term, simply due to her exuberance, but she's not necessarily a comfort to ponies. Same really goes for Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy would probably be the most comforting... there with a quiet shoulder to bawl on. Followed by either Applejack or Twilight Sparkle, who are down to earth and really connected to their friends.

Rarity would do in a pinch, and likely be a lot better than Dashie or Pinkie, but doesn't quite come across as the supportive type.

Oh definitely Fluttershy. She has a kind and soft voice and I would love to get a big hug from her.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 7:22 AM, The Ultimate Bolt said:

I'm going to go with Applejack. She's so sweet and has a level of empathy no other character has. 

Plus, Applejack would probably bake an apple pie to help me feel better. Which, I would happily accept. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, probably the two ponies I would want to talk to would be Twilight and Starlight. 

While going to Equestria would suck (if it was a one way trip and especially if I was not allowed to prepare some shipping containers with stuff, doubly so if I didn't even get a warning), meeting Twilight and Starlight would make it suck less. OTOH, it if turned out that those two ponies didn't want to have anything to do with me, it would suck A LOT. OK, maybe Moondancer as well, but I have not seen enough of her in the show to fully form an opinion.

Edited by Pentium100
  • Brohoof 2

I feel like it would be Applejack, 10/10. She has such a loving warmth to her. She would cuddle up next to you and put her tail over your back, asking what was wrong, genuinely caring. 

Side note, I imagine this next to an open fireplace while she brings the two of you cider. This is good. 

• Brohoof 1

As far back as I can remember, I've always seen Applejack as the big sister I never had so... She is kind, attentive, honest and her protective side makes her the best pony to comfort me. Especially since she knows how to make apple pie, what more could you ask for? 

Or maybe Rarity? She could reassure me and cheer me up by telling me how beautiful I am aaand after that, I can clearly see her taking me to the spa...  :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I could have any of them comfort me. Pinkie would always cheer me up by being funny, Applejack would be great to have long talks to, Rarity would be full of compliments, I could go on and on!

Any pony voiced by Rebecca Shoichet :ButtercupLaugh:

Pick any:

1. Sunset Shimmer
  2. Sugar Belle
  3. Twilight's Singing Voice

I would be comforted by Twilight's Singing Voice!

• 4 weeks later...

I think most of them could. I try to imagine what Derpy would do. She sees you while you are sitting in the corner of the room with a very sad expression. Her expression turns sad as well, worried, seeing you like this, but then she thinks about how she could help you. She tries to bake a muffin - it doesn't work, but she can't forget how sad you looked and tries further, again and again. After a lot of tries, it finally worked! And then she walks back to your room and gives you the muffin. You notice she has flour all over her and a worried expression, since she is not sure, if you like the muffin she just bake for you. But you realize she looks like this, because she did all of this for YOU! And this thought makes you happy and you take a bite. The muffin is super delicious and you start to smile! It makes her so happy, she even cries a little and then hugs you, sharing some of her flour, but it doesn't matter. <3