Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Happenings: A Month Later

LittleRawr

img-1640777-1-cinderthumbnail_by_cinders

@@LittleRawr,

"Tired! I was going to say tired!" Cinder said hastily, very much aware of the mistake she had made. She watched her friend stand up purposefully and assumed she was going to try and intervene in some way.

"Lyona... You're not our captain any more. We aren't in the forest."

She shrugged, not quite sure where she was going with her statement.

"You don't have to do everything on you're own any more, you should spend some time just doing what you want... Take a day off sometime." She said meekly."I'm just a bit worried about you, you're brilliant and everything but you can't keep pushing yourself like you do..."

----------

img-1732961-1-redwavedarkavatar_by_cinde

Redwave had managed to find himself in the closest thing he could find to what he was seeking: a pub tucked away just outside the centre of town. He stared gloomily down into the liquid, watching the reflection that glared back at him.

"They don't even sell it by the bottle... Cheap, nasty stuff." He muttered: while the brandy was average at best it would hardly have been surprising, it wasn't exactly a drink that was frequently requested.

He finished the glass and slammed the glass down in his hoof.

"Fisher! Why did you not... not..."

She remained silent, a stark contrast sitting beside him at the bar, pierced ear and ragged mane, weapons hanging loose and sipping from a glass of water.

Red hadn't truly expected a response: she never really spoke to him when he drunk: just followed and stopped him causing too much trouble.

Edited by Cinderscribe

"Tired! I was going to say tired!" Cinder said hastily, very much aware if the mistake she had made. She watched her friend stand up purposefully and assumed she was going to try and intervene in some way.

Lyona smiled, shaking her head slowly. " If you say so, Cinder. If you say so. " She stretched her wings, ready for flight.

"Lyona... You're not our captain any more. We aren't in the forest."

The pegasus paused, waiting for Cinder to continue. Better to hear all of what she says before going off. Lyona sighed, folding her wings again.

"You don't have to do everything on you're own any more, you should spend some time just doing what you want... Take a day off sometime." She said meekly."I'm just a bit worried about you, you're brilliant and everything but you can't keep pushing yourself like you do..."

" I'm touched that you care about me, Cinder. I know that I'm a captain anymore, but you're my friends. Royal guard or not, I have a duty to take care of all of you. When you're all happy, then I'll be happy. Simple, isn't it?" She smiled sadly. " I'll push myself until there's nothing left to give, if that's what it takes. " With a flap of her wings, Lyona disappeared into the sky. 

After looking above Ponyville for a few minutes, she finally found the only local watering hole. She landed right in front of the building, and walked in.

Where is Redwave? It's a bit hard to see in this dim light... She squinted, looking around. Lyona finally saw him sitting at the bar itself next to the mare. I should've looked there first... 

" One cider, please." She ordered the bartender, who quickly complied. 

@@Scootalove,

"She's going to work herself into the ground! Argh! Why does everypony I know have to be so stubborn!" Cinder half shouted in frustration and concern.

"Uhm... Present company accepted, of course." She grinned sheepishly as 'Blaze.

----------

@@LittleRawr,

It took Redwave a few minutes to even notice the change in ambiance near the bar: even when he did, it was another minute before he could motivate himself to find out if the obnoxious colts nearby had left of just finally shut their mouths.

"Oh dearest joy..." He muttered under his breath on seeing Lyona: as if things weren't going badly enough, now he had the good captain hounding him also.

He finished his next drink, wincing as the cheap alcohol burned on the way down: it was barely fit to be called brandy.

"Since you never struck me as a frequent drinker, I assume you're here for me." He asked finally. "I have done nothing, can a colt not partake in a small drink in peace?"

Kingfisher rose from her seat and left to stand by the door without a word: watching to see how events would unfold.

Edited by Cinderscribe

"Since you never struck me as a frequent drinker, I assume you're here for me." He asked finally. "I have done nothing, can a colt not partake in a small drink in peace?"

Lyona took a large gulp of her cider before placing it back down. " I am not a frequent drinker, so you're right on that point. And, I am here for you. However, I'm not here to berate you, or yell at you. We're both grown ponies, we can just have a simple talk." She gave him a meaningful look as she took another swig of her cider. The glass was half-empty now, and the bartender quickly rushed to refill it before disappearing again.

"Don't act like you're completely blameless either. I know that you aren't."

There's plenty of blame to go around, a lot of it on me. 

Sighing, Lyona looked up from her drink to look at Redwave. "I just need to ask, what happened between you and Minty? Why is there so much bad blood between you two now, when everything was fine and dandy before? I promise that I won't take anypony's side." 

At least, not until I've heard the full story. She silently added. It's just like what a commander would do...

Her glass of cider was already empty, and left Lyona feeling a little woozy. Curse us pegasi and our intolerance for alcohol. Still, she ordered another, this time some whiskey. It's not like I'm on duty...

@@LittleRawr,

"Really...?" Redwave mused, the trace of a smirk flickering across his face as he considered his options: overturning a few tables on the way out would have slowed the pegasus down admirably, but it was difficult to escape by sea when the one you were escaping had wings.

"Fine!" He announced, twisting slightly in the seat to face his old companion. He had nothing to hide. Nothing concerning this particular topic anyway. "I never claimed to be blameless." He said heavily but managing to hold back the sneer that was fighting to emerge.

"She disliked my stance towards you're precious guard I think, the fact I believed that you were, and still are, the only remotely competent guards I have the fortune of encountering. I was..."

This was where he stumbled, where the real difficulty lay for Redwave: he didn't understand it himself, how to describe it. Unwilling? He was perfectly willing to reconsider his views. No...

"Theres something wrong with me. I'm... somewhat less perfect than I was before. Not just since we parted ways: ever since I left that damned forest."

Why was he even telling her this? What did he expect to come of it? It was foolish: they should just do what they came here to do and leave. He dropped the remainder of the modest sized pouch of bits onto the bar and snatched at another drink. "Ha! Magic of Friendship my flank, if this is what it leads to then I'm perfectly fine on my own, with the sun in my sight and the wind at my back!"

"Really...?" Redwave mused, the trace of a smirk

Lyona raised an eyebrow. He's not going to try and escape, right? He'll have a hard time outflying me if he does...

"Fine!" He announced, twisting slightly in the seat to face his old companion. He had nothing to hide. Nothing concerning this particular topic anyway. "I never claimed to be blameless." He said heavily but managing to hold back the sneer that was fighting to emerge.

You implied that you were blameless. She thought, sloshing her drink her her cup. At least he's agreeing to tell me... It could've gone worse.

"She disliked my stance towards you're precious guard I think, the fact I believed that you were, and still are, the only remotely competent guards I have the fortune of encountering. I was..."

Why does he speak so badly of the guards? She wondered. No, focus. That's not what you came to hear. She berated herself. 

"Theres something wrong with me. I'm... somewhat less perfect than I was before. Not just since we parted ways: ever since I left that damned forest."

" What do you mean, that you're less perfect? That doesn't even..."  Her words trailed off as he continued talking. 

"Ha! Magic of Friendship my flank, if this is what it leads to then I'm perfectly fine on my own, with the sun in my sight and the wind at my back!"

" So you mean to say that because of the friendships that you've made, you've become a worse version of yourself. Less.. You?" Lyona questioned. " Don't be so critical about friendship. Doesn't it bring you joy that your friends will stay by your side, no matter what? Not bound by money or a contract, just by the bonds that you have made with them? The experiences, good and bad, is what makes friendship. If life was all flowers and rainbows, it wouldn't be worth living." Lyona pushed away her empty cup, and beckoned to the bartender for another. She took another gulp before placing it back down.

• Brohoof 1

@@LittleRawr,

Redwave nodded towards the glass.

"You should pace yourself with that." He mentioned: a statement of fact framed as a suggestion, before considering his next words. He didn't really have a choice: he had never actually stopped to think about what he was going to say: part of his charm had always been that words simply flowed like water. More recently though... the words weren't the ones he actually wanted to say.

"Everything was fine! I was happy with what I had, more than happy! Then I took that job from the guard, who were foolish enough to send you and your group towards certain death armed with little more than good intentions!" He wasn't thinking about what he was saying: the wrong words were starting to find their way back towards his sentences.

"Now every emotion feels like it's... It's just covering up anger! And I don't even know what I'm angry at! All since we got out of that infernal place!" He brought his hoof down hard on the bar, shaking a number of empty glasses. Kingfisher leaned forward slightly, tensing to intervene, but otherwise stood her ground by the door.

Red dropped his gaze back to the once-again empty glass: without the liquid inside he couldn't see the eyes glaring back at him. He looked back at the figure across from him and paused.

"Did I ever tell you how much I despise dry land?." He finally said tiredly, as if this was the most important thing he could possibly be saying at that point in time.

"You should pace yourself with that."

Lyona looked at her glass. She was in face feeling dizzy, but at least it prevented her from thinking too much.

"Everything was fine! I was happy with what I had, more than happy! Then I took that job from the guard, who were foolish enough to send you and your group towards certain death armed with little more than good intentions!"

I actually volunteered for the mission... So basically, I'm foolish. Lyona thought, but stayed silent. 

"Now every emotion feels like it's... It's just covering up anger! And I don't even know what I'm angry at! All since we got out of that infernal place!"

" Are you angry because you went alongside us to the mission? Do you regret meeting us all? Are we nothing but nuisances to you?" The alcohol was messing up her head, giving her courage to do things that usually wouldn't do. Lyona stood up from her chair, glaring at Redwave.

" You despise land because you hate talking to ponies, ponies that want to help you. Ponies that are your friends. Or actually, you probably don't even consider us as that. Just some useless ponies that give you no benefits. You just don't-" Lyona poked Redwave in the chest. " Want-" Another poke. " To deal-" A stronger poke. " With us!" She shoved him weakly. " We're just the extra baggage that drags you down, the deadweights gripping at you who offer no help." Lyona's faced was flushed a bright red, from anger and the alcohol.

Wow that was hard to write.

• Brohoof 1

@@LittleRawr,

The cluster of empty glasses beside the Red Maned Captain crashed to the ground as he swept a hoof across the bar in a fit of rage. Of course she was drunk. Of course she didn't know what she was saying, what she was doing. Of course... he had no control over what he did recently... even without a bottle of Brandy sitting inside him.

"Hold your tongue!" He finally snapped, hating himself for turning on another friend: he had precious few already and those that still existed he was managing to turn against him faster than he cared to count.

Not that he could stop himself: even before his seemingly forced change of temperament it would have been difficult for him to pass up the opportunity of a good bar brawl: even in a place like this. It never failed to surprise how rowdy even the quiet ones could be. 

"Do it!" He yelled. "I couldn't care less what you think of me! Don't speak of what you don't understand!"

Kingfisher rolled her eyes and heaved herself into action, pushing through the small, stunned crowd to the inebriated stallion with the same type of expression as if she had just finished a book with a disappointing ending.

"C'mon Cap'n, you've had enough. Again." She said, removing his cutlass and sheathing it beside her own in one fluid motion. "I'll throw you in the sea if I have to... Again." 

"Hold your tongue!" He finally snapped, hating himself for turning on another friend: he had precious few already and those that still existed he was managing to turn against him faster than he cared to count.   Not that he could stop himself: even before his seemingly forced change of temperament it would have been difficult for him to pass up the opportunity of a good bar brawl: even in a place like this. It never failed to surprise how rowdy even the quiet ones could be.      "Do it!" He yelled. "I couldn't care less what you think of me! Don't speak of what you don't understand!"

Overhearing the uproar Mikestar couldn't help but glance over the bar at the loud red maned stallion. Silver had long since headed over to his marefriends place so Mikestar had headed off to get that drink he'd been craving. "Is he yelling at that mare?" he thought. He was slightly tipsy but still had his wits about him. He levitated across the room several feet landing  near the two of them and met redwaves eyes with a cold stare

@Redwave "That is no way to talk to a mare" he said with a steady voice holding in his anger. His horn was slightly glowing despite his efforts to remain as calm as possible. Mikestar simply nodded politely to Kingfisher, aware that she too was trying to stop the scene from playing out.

Mikestar turned to Lyona "Are you in need of assistance?" he asked her, then glanced back in Redwave's direction to make sure he didn't need to suddenly defend himself.

-----------------------------

(Not sure where cinder is but...)

Silver approached Cinder and Scribes house. There was a lot on his mind after the incident with Redwave and Miny but he just wanted to see Cinder. She'd know what to do, or at least, she'd know how to listen.

He knocked on the door.

(No time to write more at the moment, will try to catch up later. excellent storyline so far but i expected nothing less :) )

"Do it!" He yelled. "I couldn't care less what you think of me! Don't speak of what you don't understand!"

" If you don't care of what I think of you, then why are you, then why are you reacting as if you care?" Lyona growled, her mane puffed up like an angry cat in a cat fight. " I may be drunk, but it only gives me the courage to say what I want to say without being held back by some damned common courtesy! I understand this situation very much, so don't you dare say that I don't understand! You're the one who doesn't get anything that we've done for you! " She shouted back, eyes blazing with an enraged fire. 

"Are you in need of assistance?" he asked her, then glanced back in Redwave's direction to make sure he didn't need to suddenly defend himself.

" We are having a talk. A talk that you don't need to interfere in. Actually, a talk that you will not interfere in, at all. I'm not helpless either, I can handle myself, thank-you very much." She snarled at the new stallion, her wings flared with anger. She turned back to look at Redwave. It's time to deal with you, I will get some sense into your narrow-minded head! Lyona shook her head, then cracking it.

Got the computer for one last post or two... It would be hilarious if they actually started fighting! Well, hilarious to me anyways :3

In her concern over Lyona, Minty and even Redwave, Cinder had completely forgotten about the fact that Silver was supposed visiting. It was only when she glanced around and noticed his absence that she realized that she had never even spoke to him!

"Celestia! He's probably gone to the house!" She exclaimed to herself, remembering the thick smoke that would most likely be pouring out of the windows: hopefully he wouldn't think anything was out of the ordinary but...

"I've got to go find Silver!" She facehooved before setting off at a gallop.

----------

"Do it then! I'm waiting! I'll... I'll..."

He was so tired, the alcohol and adrenalin pumped through his veins pounded inside his head. Just wanting to sleep, regardless of the nightmares, he tried to formulate a plan: he would have to rile up the rest of the bar, start a real brawl and use the chaos to his advantage: it shouldn't be too hard, most of the patrons were watching them intently already...

"Don't." Muttered Kingfisher to the newcomer who looked about to get himself in a world of trouble, if what Red had told her about the mare were even half true.

"Do it then! I'm waiting! I'll... I'll..."

" What will you do, huh? You ponies are all talk and no work, bragging and boasting about achievements that aren't even worth it!" Lyona sneered at him, in a basic fighting stance. Her words had a slight slur to them, the cider that she had drank was getting to her hard. " Your move first, pirate boy!" She leaned in an exaggerated bow, her hooves wobbling a little.

Is... He planning something? She narrowed her eyes at him. Maybe I should too... Lyona hadn't been in enough bar fights to know how this would go down. She had only fought with her fellow trainees in the Royal Guard, and during the mission in the Everfree. And since she was drunk, her memory was even foggier. I'll just have to wing it. Muscle memory can do wonders, even if I haven't exercised since the Everfree... I'll manage. Lyona was aware of what she was doing, but the thoughts about the wrongness of this were very few. Her mind was mostly focused on the adrenaline of fighting her first bar fight, overriding her senses. He'll regret ever... Ever... Her thoughts trailed off. She shook her head taking a step towards Redwave. 

kingfisheravatar_by_cinderscribe-d6cacy0

Redwave turned slowly away and started to shakily walk towards the door, an exhausted, defeated look on his face.

"Oh buck..." Kingfisher cursed, recognizing exactly what he was doing. It wasn't going to end well: not with the two of them actually trained in combat, not if either of them were actually armed. She reassured herself that Redwave's cutlass was still safely tucked away behind her own and breathed a small sigh of relief.

Suddenly, a table flew through the air: drinks spilling across the room as it collided with the wall and splintered into pieces.

A moment passed in stunned silence. There were sounds of movement in the small crowd as something caused two of the obnoxious colts who had been irritating her earlier to start fighting. A third joined in... Red was nowhere to be seen but she knew he was around: the ponies here weren't the rowdy type they were used to: they wouldn't be fighting without 'assistance'.

She simply leaned on the bar and picked up her glass of water: he would turn up soon enough... and the chaos was pretty funny to watch.

@,

Meanwhile, trotting around Ponyville, she tried to find ponies she knew to prank. Her coat remained a dark shade of grey. She's completely changed her appearance. She's actually picked a few fights around Ponyville, and got a eye patch since she got hit in the eye. She was fine with it, though, just a black eye is all. She's also added a little dagger strapped around her neck so it would scare a few more ponies. She smirked as she saw a defeated Redwave trot out of a nearby pub. She flew as fast as she could over, then sneakily followed him until he reached a stop.

"Aw, has the little loser given up? Well, I have a great train to Failureville for a great price. I hope you have your bags ready.." The jerky Minty teased, snickering. She flew in front of Redwave, then looked at him upside down. "Why so glum? Did the kids at school take your lunch money again? Oh, should I be concerned? Oh, nah, since you can't even stand up for yourself. It's okay, why don't you go and cry to your mother about it?" Minty asked, making a fake pouty face.

@,

Minty's appearance as he stepped aside wasn't anywhere as surprising as it should have been: everything else had been going wrong so far, why wouldn't she turn up now, dressed as some kind if novelty pirate. He yawned loudly.

"Merely catching my breath, serpent. Begone!" He muttered in her general direction, crouching slightly just as a barstool came crashing through one of the windows and rolled along the ground beside them. If the furniture was ending up outside, he probably had a little longer than he had hoped before they realised he was missing. Even Kingfisher hadn't followed him out and nothing seemed to fool her.

"I see you're playing these games again. You can stay that way this time. It suits you're grey heart better." The captain muttered, grabbing for his ornate compass and muttering towards it, watching where it pointed."I'm going this way. You're not. Go help your fool of a friend the guard captain deal with that" He grunted, jerking his head back at the bar before remembering how she had referred to his companion earlier and, in a flash of spite adding "Oh, and if you see Kingfisher, tell her to meet me back on the ship."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Discord would be proud.

Lyona ducked just in time to dodge the stool which flew out of the window. She couldn't think, everything was happening too fast. Whatever, I'll just join this. Lyona decided, and grabbed a glass of her one to throw at somepony. She didn't have the chance, somepony had thrown another stool, this time at her head. Lyona hit the ground, hard.

Ughh... My head...

The pegasus was still in the same spot where she had fallen, the stool at her side. She had been out for a few minutes, the fight was still going strong. Her head pounded, but with the hit that she had received, Lyona would be surprised if it didn't. Pretty sure I'll have a bruise there... Despite her head hurting, she was able to think more clearly. Who knew a hit to the head would do that? Lyona thought idly when she got up, dodging the random things being thrown at her. She decided against trying to control the chaos, it would be impossible to calm the crowd. Instead, she opted to sneaking out.

After narrowly avoiding a couple of more flying objects, Lyona finally managed to get out. " Finally." She muttered, sliding down the building wall. She had gone out of the second entrance, but could still see Redwave and Minty. What happened to Minty? She raised an eyebrow. 

@

"Serpent...?" Minty thought, reverting to her old self for a moment. Her heart melted a bit at the word.  "My gray heart? What about yours? You're probably the reason that bar fight even happened! Can't you accept that you're just a mistake? Going around, hurting others.. I know I do the same, but that's way too far.." Minty said, kicking Redwave. "Idiot!"

Minty then stormed off, trotting into her home. "I shouldn't have even tried to comfort him.. nopony likes him anyway. Just get out of my life, Redwave. You'd be doing everyone a favor if you do." Minty trotted upstairs to her room and sat down on her bed. She looked at a photograph of the Royal Guard the Everfree Forest incident. Smiles, friendships.. "It's not that Royal Guard anymore." Minty bent over and picked up the photo. "Was this some terrible lie? Why can't we just start over..?" Minty thought to herself, hugging the photograph near her heart, crying.

(( OOC: There, some depression. Hey, when was the last time Mikestar has posted..? Is he inactive..? Oh well, I guess we can wait for him. ))

@,

Redwave huffed angrily as he watched Minty leave - hating every second yet somehow taking some vile form of pride from his actions.

"Figure that out by you're self, did you?" He yelled after her, despite being sure she wouldn't be able to hear him.

"What kind of monster have you become, Redwave old friend?" He muttered under his breath as he went on his own way: back towards the ship. He didn't even have his stalwart companion for company, what little company she provided.

He made a few shouts towards the ponies he passed, various emotions forming into words: some more coherent than others. Some fled, others laughed. A couple simply cowered away from him. "I don't need anyone, anypony. The sun and the wind and steel by my side - that's all Redwave needs to survive!"

Reaching the Dawn Dreamer finally, he dug through the lockbox hidden in his cabin: past a few of the more sentimental treasures he chose to keep: a hoof-full of gemstones, a single golden coin bearing foreign writing. A scroll and a carved wooden symbol. Finding the latch at the bottom, he pulled out a second compartment containing a bottle: whiskey, as old as the ship itself, at least.

"One more drink, Red?" The earth pony slurred to himself as he uncorked the dusty old bottle and leaned unsteadily on the edge of the ship to drink.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Minty laid in her bed for another two good hours. She didn't know what to do. The Royal Guard was at stake, worries, concerns, chaos. Just because of her and Redwave's fight.. she trotted outside of her cottage to look for the white stallion to apologize. Again, she looked at the chairs and tables and ponies for Celestia's sake, crashing out of a pub and screaming. She frowned again, then was angered by the stallion who caused all of this violence. She seethed under her breath. "Maybe a walk will do the trick.. it will get my mind off of that scumbag." Minty found herself to be trotting towards the pier, then saw that rusty "Dawn Dreamer" Redwave has always talked about.

Minty then trotted a different way as it reminded her of Redwave. She then sat down at a cliff. She remembered her family took her here when she was little, the first time she got to Ponyville. She always went there for peace and quiet ever since. She closed her eyes and tried to relax, ignoring the sounds of the dock and the sailors below.

@,

'One more drink' quickly became 'one more bottle' and, as the contents of the ancient spirit quickly faded from the bottle, it became apartment the Redwave had drunk quite enough.

Or rather, he had drunk quite enough before he had even left the bar.

Staggering about on deck, he vaguely remembered where he might be able to find more Brandy: despite the fact that they had run out several days previously. He just about kept his balance long enough to get below deck before his legs disobeyed him completely, sending him headlong into a stack of heavy crates filled with... with...

What were they filled with? He couldn't remember: it had been a while since he had actually traded anything.

He pulled at the rope which appeared to be holding it shut. It wasn't.

As the crates started to slide with the angle of the ship, there was a split second of perfect clarity in Red's mind, which he used to utter what could potentially be his last words:

"Well now I do feel like a fool..."

The ship lurched as the crates slammed into the far side of the hull: it's saving grace being its shoddy state after a month without repairs. The wood gave way before Red: sending him crashing into the water.

Followed by a shipload of supplies. The last thing he saw was one of the crates burst open as it struck a rock.

'Whatever possessed me to purchase twelve-hundred bits worth of sugar?'

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Minty was in the middle of talking to herself until she heard a large splash and a lot of trotting. She looked down at the pier, and saw that a ship fell over and a white pony trying to swim about in the water. "Well, whoever that pony is, they're a really bad swimmer." Minty thought to herself, then went back to her meditating. A second after, though, she opened one eye and looked down again. "Wait a second.. that's not just anypony, that's Redwave..!" Minty thought, alarmed. She then glared at the pony, then scoffed. "I'M a serpent. He doesn't need MY help. He can handle perfectly by himself." After a few minutes of Minty constantly bickering with herself, her good heart won over her and she flew as fast as she could down to the docks.

Minty looked at the water cautiously. She was never able to swim, and she could tell Redwave couldn't, either. She flew over the waters and took Redwave's elbows. Right about then, though, she found out that he passed out. She dragged him over to the docks again. "Maybe I should just leave. Redwave will probably insult me when he sees me.." Minty reluctantly got up, and flew away, Celestia's quill falling out of her wings.

img-1755473-1-kingfisheravatar_by_cinder

Kingfisher watched casually as the brawl raged around her: the guard captain was surprisingly... accepting of the turn of events: she didn't fare too badly, given the circumstances. It was all down to luck if you didn't know what you were doing after all.

Finishing her water at a leisurely pace, the brigand brought the glass down heavily over a nearby unicorns head and started to wander casually through the chaos: occasionally weaving away from stray kicks or flying seats. She noticed the guard manage to leave and a while later, when it became apparent that Red wasn't going to return, she followed suit: most of the decent brawlers were starting to sober up anyway.

She set off in the directing of the ship. One way or the other he would end up there. He always did.

"How in the great sea did you manage this, Cap'n?" The mare queried her unconscious captain as she hoisted him onto her back. Of course, the way he had been recently had led to disasters but this... he had nearly sunk the Dawn Dream, nearly drown himself! He wasn't in a fit state to walk, let alone swim!

And how? What task of great importance had led to this? Well, if the evidence was anything to speak by, he had been writing a letter. "Only you could cause this much damage with a bleedin' quill." She grumbled, dropping him onto his bunk and leaving the writing tool in question beside him: with a bit of luck it might help him remember exactly what had happened when he came round. In the meantime, she went to assess the extent of the damage.

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Minty flew wearily back home. She felt pretty accomplished, but would anypony believe her if she told them that she rescued a sea captain? It will definitely sound like she was bluffing. Better not tell anyone.. She slid into her bed and sighed. "Redwave would probably just think that that Kingfisher has saved him, huh.. Well, I can't say I blame him. Better looks, better strength, better.. well, everything. I barely even knew Redwave for more than a year..! I guess she can have him. Redwave hates me too much anyway." Minty thought sadly. She looked at the ceiling and thought, "Sure hope he's alright. I sure hope the OTHERS are alright. They've probably been worrying for us too much already.. I'll let them know tomorrow that we're officially over." 

"If only I knew where they were. Ah, well. Was Lyona drunk? Why would she be drunk? She doesn't drink.. does she? Well, that's how she got drunk, you idiot." Minty shook it off and turned over in her bed. "I'll just figure it out in the morning.. And the worst part is, I still have feelings for that sailor.." Minty thought finally, going off to sleep. 

((2000 word post incoming, get comfortable.))

"... Ugh..."

Red rolled over from his prone position: it felt like he had been beaten, like some battle had been fought and for once he had come away worse off...

"Min..." Stupid. That was weeks ago, cant call out for somepony who wont be there. His eyes cracked open: he felt the saltwater in them, the stinging was actually a welcome relief from the dull pain he could feel pounding over the rest of his body.

'Feels like somepony dropped a boat on me or something...'

Trying to stand, he suddenly felt the world lurch: were they in a storm? If so, who was steering the ship? Kingfisher? She was good, but she couldn't captain the damn thing on her own!

He put all of his strength into his hooves and heaved himself upright, the lurching motion becoming more of a spinning one. He made the connection after several seconds: they were stationary. The world wasn't moving: it was his head - which he promptly slammed into the saltwater-soaked bed. It had been a long time since he had let himself get this badly drunk.

"What was I drinking... Luna's damned Moonshine?" He muttered through the sodden material before making another, considerably more successful attempt at standing. Clumsily pouring some clear water from a large flask into a silver bowl, he plunged his head under for several seconds to bring himself around a little.

Why was there a feather on his bed?

Not a feather, a quill. It wasn't one of his yet it looked familiar somehow... He took it and carefully placed it into the now empty compartment of his lockbox, sealing it away without really knowing what it was about the pinion that he felt so attached to.

Vague memories were starting to come back to him, thankfully. Lyona being considerably braver when drunk. A brawl that he started without any intention of fighting in...

Crashing through the hull of the ship, sinking... why were they carrying so much sugar anyway?

"Back in the land o' the living Cap'n?" Smirked Kingfisher, poking her head through the wide open door to his cabin. Ordinarily she wouldn't say a word to him in jest, regardless of how much the situation called for it. Since he had somehow managed to cause such disaster though, she felt that this once might be an acceptable break from the norm.

"'Fisher? What happened?" Red asked blearily. "I went under, couldn't move... blacked out." He shook his head.

"No idea Cap'n." Shrugged the mare. "You were fair soaked but on dry land when I found you." She saluted dutifully, her moment of mirth over, and turned to return to the repairs. "It's gonna take me some time to fix her up Cap'n. You really did a number on her with that blasted quill."

As she left, he looked back at the lockbox and pulled the feather out again, willing his mind to start working the way it used to. What was it about the pretty little thing that seemed so familiar?

Edited by Cinderscribe