Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Happenings: A Month Later

LittleRawr

@

Minty woke up to find her pillow soaked. Must've cried herself to sleep. She got off her bed sleepily and combed her mane. She trotted out of her cottage for no particular reason. "I might as well go and apologize to Redwave for how I treated him yesterday. I guess I was pretty mean.." Minty started to search all over Ponyville, eventually giving up after she's asked almost everypony there where they've seen the stallion. She didn't think that he'd be on the Dawn Dreamer, since she actually thought it sunk. She poked her hoof in her wing, looking for the quill. "It's not here..! Oh no... How could I be so irresponsible..?" Minty thought, shaking her head. She trotted to the pier and was pretty surprised to see the Dawn Dreamer.

She dared to go onto it, hoping to find the stallion. She looked around at the large deck that the ship had, and a lot of crates full of something that she didn't want to find out. She looked into the captain's quarters. No luck. She eventually looked into Redwave's room to find the colt. "Knock knock," Minty said, trotting into the room.

Reminds me of this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGT6AKt3eYM 

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

img-1732961-1-redwavedarkavatar_by_cinde

@,

"Minty...?" Red said, slamming the box closed instinctively and hearing the latch of the hidden compartment clicking shut inside. "What...? Why...?" He blustered: the green mare was honestly the last pony he had expected to see come waltzing into his cabin. Leaning against the wall, this time for support more than out of choice, he closed his eyes and shook his still-foggy head.

"I... uh..."

He was so confused about the events of the previous evening that, when combined with the surprise entrance of the mare, he even forgot to show any kind of hostility: it was simply overcome by the level of bewilderment he was going through. He tried shaking his head again but all that achieved with making him dizzier.

"Uh.. you're here?"

The whiskey had his him hard: he was struggling to even speak properly, and this was while he was recovering!

'Words Red, use your words...' His brain reminded him.

"What are you doing here Minty? You are not exactly catching me at my best..."

Why was she there? She had made it quite clear that she wanted nothing more to do with him: had she seen the state of the ship - come to gloat? Doubtful: she didn't look in the mood to have arrived just to rub this in his face. 

He slammed his face into his hooves.

"Ugh... Truly not at my best. Go ahead, tell me that I am a fool. Or worse."

@

(( OOC: Listen to this while reading.. It reminded me of this, too. Pretty good song describing the situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQDcbKRTCM ))

Minty looked at Redwave with a strange look on her face. "Why would I call you a fool? I came here to apologize for calling you a fool..! It was a mistake and I really shouldn't have.." Minty said, a tear sliding down her cheek. "It's alright if you don't forgive me. I said some pretty bad things." Minty trotted over and sat down on his bed. "I would never mean to say that.. I was just, I was just stressed because of our breakup.." Minty said, looking down at her hooves. "Can you ever forgive me..?" Minty finally said, shutting her eyes just in case he was going to swear at her or shoo her out like a common housefly.  "Of course he won't forgive you. He called you a serpent with a gray heart.. nopony wants a serpent.. or a bad mouthed mare."

"I guess I'm the mistake, am I? I shouldn't have even come here. I'll just cry throughout the whole thing like a little filly. He'll never forgive me if he saw me like this, would he..? Probably after never."

@,

"Well you should, I am a fool."

He just about cleared his head enough to think out what he was saying properly again as he pushed away from the wall and took his own weight fully on his hooves. They shook as the dizziness hit him but it faded quickly: too much drinking over the past month had made him particularly skilled at shrugging off its effects... under regular circumstances. 

"You always were one for apologizing for the mistakes of others Mintatheena." He smirked.

He looked from her to the box and back. His mind working slowly, joining the dots. He had been bewildered to see Minty yes, but for some reason it felt like he had some form of warning, as if it was the natural course of action...

"I know not what has come over me recently, I was the fool who refused to see what was before me. What I had lost and..."

The Quill... He looked at her, the expression of confusion which had started to fade snapping back onto his face. He had seen it before: during the ceremony after leaving the forest.

"... Were you here recently?" He cut himself off so sharply he risked offending himself. "Near the ship at all, last night?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

Minty thought over the question. "Yeah, I was here last night. Doing things," Minty stuttered, "How'd you know..?" Minty asked, trying to keep down a surprised tone in her voice. She remained in her position on the bed, looking down further at the ground, if it was even possible.

She felt her wing again, not feeling that familiar feeling with the quill nudged into it. She didn't use the quill that much, but it was still valuable to her. It was probably gone forever now. Maybe Redwave could help Minty find it.

Or maybe not.

Minty felt that familiar tingly feeling in her stomach, though, the same one that she had when she and Redwave were still in love. Somehow, it stayed. She doubted Redwave would even want to get back together; just as 'friends.'

Minty gulped. "Yup... things." Minty said. While saying that, she remembered that conversation in the Everfree Forest.

"We're friends, right, Minty?"

"...yes."

It was all clear to her now. Those were never real hugs or real kisses.. Just friendly ones, since they're just friends.. After all, Redwave never really did confirm the whole relationship thing.

@,

"Things...? So then, you wouldn't know, perhaps anything about a mishap of mine? Because a very curious thing happened this morning..."

Pushing at the latch on the lockbox in such a way it opened with a loud 'click', he rooted past the various treasures and trinkets until he found the second, more hidden latch. Sliding out the lower compartment containing the feather, he placed it on top of the box, in front of the mint mare.

"Have you found yourself missing anything valuable recently?" He asked, tenderly placing a hoof under her chin and lifting her face to see what he was referring to. The dizziness had passed, or rather, given way to something else. At least he had control over his own body again.

"How is it that every single time we meet, you leave me with more questions than answers?" The stallion asked, tapping his head thoughtfully. "How was it that I discovered this when I awoke this morning, soaked to the bone, and then a certain beauty arrives unannounced, with a damp mane of her own? It's owner, no less!"

@,

"Thanks..! I've been looking everywhere for this quill..! Where'd you find it?" At hearing Redwave's next words, Minty felt her mane thoughtfully. It was, in fact, straight a little from trying to save Redwave yesterday. "Certain beauty..? You can't possibly mean me, do you? Unless you do, that's f-fine with me. I do have a wet mane, though. It's been a little hard to sop it out after yesterday's incident." Minty embraced Redwave in a small hug, for a thank you for finding the quill.

Minty then kept running her hooves through her mane nervously. "What's he trying to say..? Does he know I saved his life..?"

Minty gave Redwave a small smile. "Thanks again for finding this. It really does mean alot to me that you went through the trouble of finding it.. But why would you find it just for me? I'm not worth that much, you know. Heck, I'm only worth two bits!" Minty chuckled.

(( OOC: Aaand, I'm guessing the big kiss should be coming in a few minutes. This is such a adorable scene.. The other role players must be having fun reading these cute posts, huh? ))

@,

"No, of course I was referring to the radiant princess Cadenza wandering aboard after her daily swim through Ponyville..." Squeezing the mare close to him, he grinned at his own joke. "... Of course I mean you, who else?"

What was he doing? Hadn't he learned his lesson from what happened last time? He should be fleeing, not... cuddling?

"Uhm... " How did this filly always leave him list for words? Him! Redwave! "I..."

Oh to the waves with it, he was sick of doing what his head told him: what instinct and sense told him were safe: he had started a brawl simply to throw a friend off his scent, reason meant nothing to him! And her... She was...

"Can you please, stop being quite so perfect for just a single moment while I catch up?" He smiled before pressing his lips against hers, throwing caution to the winds and hoping against hope that whatever happened, she wouldn't push him away.

It was a gamble: she probably still resented him: to be honest, he still resented himself. But it was a gamble that he might not get another change to make. He wasn't going to miss his chance to try and start to put things right.

@,

Minty smiled at Redwave's sarcastic joke. "Thanks.." Minty said, a small blush increasing on her cheeks, then looking away.

After a few moments of silence, she noticed that Redwave was a little lost for words. "I--" Minty began, yet was to be interrupted by Redwave.

The moment was perfect; nothing can ruin it. She blushed profusely at knowing this was actually happening. After a month passed after their breakup, they hadn't paid that much attention to each other and pretended the other didnt exist.

Minty has been miserable ever since that breakup, and has regretted that decision afterwards. She wasn't too sure if he liked her back, though. Well, at least she knew now. Because of Minty and Redwave's breakup, the rest of the group has been horrible and broken. She had to make a decision, but she didn't want to end this..

(( OOC: This is-- oh my god. This is so adorable. Anyway, I'm not going to end the kiss yet since you know. Heh. It'd be funny to read. I don't know why, but Minty does a lot of thinking, especially over thinking. ))

Edited by Minty Wintergreen

img-1755473-1-kingfisheravatar_by_cinder

Working without rest wasn't new to Kingfisher: one of the results of acting as the entirety of the crew on a ship, even a converted trading caravel, was that one became accustomed to resting if and when you could.

The Dreamer had taken a nasty hit and the cargo was all but lost: it had needed maintenance for some time though and now Red had no choice but to let her work on the repairs. The Dreamer wasn't going anywhere any time soon. At least they had enough bits set aside to afford the materials without having to resort to less hospitable means.

"Cap'n?" She said, swinging herself on onto the top deck and looking about. Was he still in a stupor, she wondered?

The door to his cabin was still wide open: she peeked inside and smirked.

'Gettin' your priorities in order at last cap'n? It's about time...' She said mentally, creeping away in an uncharacterised moment if considerate behaviour: let them have their peace...

Standing out on deck, she looked out at the sea and smirked to herself. At least the captain might stop acting quite so unusual now... Life would be easier simply following orders again without the pressure if responsibility.

@,

Minty eventually pulled away from the stallion reluctantly. "So..." Minty said awkwardly. "Are we.. back together..?" Minty asked, fiddling with her hooves.

"Well, it's obvious, Minty! Yes! He just kissed you for Celestia's sake, why else would he kiss you? Because he's forced to? He would never..! This truly is the best day ever.."

Minty smiled at the sea captain, then intertwined her hoof with Redwave's. "I, in fact, did save a certain stallion yesterday. He was drowning.." Minty smirked at Redwave.

Minty smiled at the thought. A sea captain, drowning.. how much irony is in that? She really hoped she can get on with it and just be marefriend and coltfriend again like the normal days.

She meanwhile, thought of the memories she and Redwave had.. the Mirror Pool.. Their first kiss, how they met.. After that trip, she's gotten over her fear of the Everfree Forest.

The place does sound vile, but it can make up the greatest and most amazing memories. Minty leant on Red's shoulder gently. She didn't even notice her wings were standing straight up.

Lyona watched the two storm off, with her doing nothing to interfere. Again... She thought, her ears pressed down against her head. I'm so useless! Can't even keep two of my best friends from fighting... Lyona yawned. She was starting to feel tired, her insomnia over the past month was catching up to her, especially the injuries that she had gotten. Her head still pounded, but less so as she slowly drifted off to sleep with the sounds of the bar fight in her ears.

Police sirens.

Lyona's eyes shot open, she quickly stood up from her impromptu nap outside the bar. If they catch me, they'll make me pay for the damage! Even though Lyona was a former member of the guard, she was not exactly eager to pay hundreds of thousands of bits for the damage done to the bar. She spread her wings, ready to fly away, but only then she noticed that one of her wings was clipped. Great. Just perfect! What am I supposed to do now? The sirens were getting much louder, they must be close. I need to hide! But where? The pegasus looked around frantically, her mind blank. Nearby, the was a rather large tree, the perfect size for a pony to hide in.

That's it! She quickly climbed up said tree, and shifted into the most comfortable position she could. Not just a moment too late, carriages with several police ponies arrived. They quickly marched into the bar, intending to break up the fight. Please don't notice me...

• 2 weeks later...

@,

Redwave watched the green mare carefully. "Does it not appear so?" He murmured before turning crimson as a few more memories returned of his predicament the night before.

'Well now I do feel like a fool...'

Of course. The crates, the sea and the alcohol. So much alcohol. He briefly wondered what had become of the good captain, hoping that he hadn't caused too much trouble. Yes, she had been asking for it but still...

"Ahem!" He coughed, back to the matter at hand. "Yes, well... about that. Thank you. I fear that I may have caused myself... a great deal of trouble."

Well this wasn't going to do wonders for his reputation if it got out,  that was for certain. On the other hand, he doubted he had done himself any favors in that regard over the past month or so: he wasn't some brute corsair after all, much as he may have acted like it recently.Anyway, there were more important things than what others might think of him. Other ponies who's opinions were more important, for example.

"Ahem...!" He coughed again, this time in a much more obviously forced tone as he smiled through his familiar, jaunty smirk; tracing a free hoof along the edge of the nearest wing. "Careful now, inside a ship tends to not be the best place for flying: far too narrow and the ceiling has a habit of being too low."

Lyona sat there in the tree, taking quick but quiet breaths. She stayed as still as she could, not wanting to alert the police ponies that there was somepony in the tree outside the bar.

What am I supposed to do? Lyona thought again, watching as the bar fight inside was rapidly stopped.  I should probably just wait until everypony leaves, then sneak back home. Yes, that'll work. Hopefully. And I just answered my own question. Why am I thinking so much? Must be 'cause I'm nervous... I do tend to overthink things when I'm nervous. Lyona could hardly hear herself over the sound of her pounding heartbeat in her ears. 

After a couple of minutes, the ponies inside still did not leave. Lyona could barely hear the sounds of a scolding going on. 

Leave already! Why'd you have to stop and yell at them? Just go! The mare screamed internally, stuck in a tree like a cat surrounded by dogs. 

Finally, after some time that is, the ponies that were in the bar filed out and were carted off to the nearest police station. However, a few of the police ponies had decided to hang back.

" We still didn't find the ponies who started it all." One of them remarked. " I talked to a couple of 'em, they said that it was a mare and a stallion."

Lyona didn't dare move now. Not when they were practically right under her.

" Did you find out how they looked like?" Another inquired. 

" I only found out something about the mare. She had some crazy hairstyle going on, all big and whatnot."

I have crazy hair? Lyona thought, incredulous. 

" We'll be able to find out more when we interrogate the ponies that we caught. We'd better head out now."

" 'Guess so."

With that, the two ponies left. 

Lyona breathed a sigh of relief. After waiting a couple moment to make sure that they were gone, she got down from her tree. Better head back home and lay low for a while. Don't want them catching me. 

Some sneaking and running later, Lyona had finally arrived at her humble abode. She collapsed on her bed with relief, and quickly fell asleep. 

Woo colored text! Thought that would make it a little easier to read. And make it look better, too.

@

Minty nodded, looking at the ceiling. "I'll watch my step," Minty smiled. "Look, I'm really sorry for what happened in Canterlot. It was.. totally uncalled for and I didn't know what I was doing. I shouldn't have broken up with you, and it pained me every growing day. The others were pretty miserable, too, and that was just because of us. Silver and Cinder barely ever seeing each other, bar fights, the group breaking up.."

Minty sighed and looked up pleadingly at Redwave. "I just.. It's been a while since I've actually had a friend.. more less a coltfriend or somepony to talk to."

"I've even quit the Royal Guard since it wasn't worth it anymore. It had so many dangerous things, and.. for me to go out to that mission in the Everfree Forest, I couldn't even think of coming back out. When you came, it somehow shown the way for me. I really missed you, and breaking up with you was probably.. the hugest mistake in my life and.. I rambled on again, didn't I?" Minty laughed, looking down at her hooves. She couldn't believe she just said all of that. 

@,

"Rambled on? Perhaps just a little." Red smirked, squeezing her again. "Just enough, you might say. It's sweet."

He gave a short, humourless burst of laughter himself.

"Huh."

Had he really caused so much trouble? It was hardly Minty's fault, what had happened. He knew he had hurt her, but all of this? Were they... Was he responsible for all of this as well? Bar fights? Yes, that was without a doubt his fault and in hindsight, didn't seem like such a great idea.

"None of this was your fault Minty. You said... You did what you had to. I wasn't myself: I do not know if I am now even but... I'll cast myself to the waves before I give up on what you showed me, Miss. Wintergreen. Compassion, and kindness. Friendship and hope and..."

Redwave never really struggled with words: not like his uncharismatic cousin who started to stumble over his own tongue - especially around mares. Redwave never even had difficulty saying these kind of words...

The real problem was that now, he thought that be actually understood them and they were so much more that words: he even believed that they might indeed hold a form of magic that could, for example, defeat a reality-warping beast from another realm

'Stop staring into space and use words you fool!'

He blinked, suddenly aware that time had still been passing as his mind tried unsuccessfully to conquers his emotions with logic.

"... and..."

'You're going to make a fool of yourself Redwave.'

Perhaps, but stopping speaking after ever other word was making him look pretty foolish anyway, he reasoned.

"... and love, Minty. At risk of sounding like the fool I am: I believe that, I understand what the word means now. To have one pony give you such purpose that everything else seems bleak and colourless..."

He stalled. What was he saying? They had barely said a civil word to each other in over a month, only known each other perhaps a week before that! He was going to drive her away with his inane rambling a or... or something!

"See? Now I am the one who is rambling... And making a fool of myself while I do so too, no doubt..." He said, cutting himself off with an embarrassed grin.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Minty gave a small smile. "...you've never had a friend..?" Minty asked guiltily. Minty shuffled her hooves on the floor uncomfortably, then looked back up at Redwave.

"I sure am going to miss the rest of the Royal Guard.. especially you, when I leave." Minty said, curling her mane around her hoof.

"I'll be setting off for Applewood in a week.." Minty said quietly, playing with her hooves a little.

"I'm finally going to see my parents again when I go. We're going to live there from then and on.. which is also another reason I'm here." Minty said reluctantly to Redwave.

"I really wish I could've brought you guys, yet my mother has never liked my friends.. and I don't even know what my father has to say about you. He's just so overprotective." Minty struggled with getting the words out, her heart paining more and more with every growing word, knowing that she'd probably never see Redwave again.

"I know you'll be busy with your travels, and I would never bother that. I think we could write letters.." Minty said, trying to brighten the mood a bit, obviously failing.

@,

"Very well." Said the captain stiffly at the revelation from the mint mare, reeling internally at the news though. For the first time he actually wanted to stay ashore and spend time on dry land with somepony: and she was leaving?

Nevertheless, he kept him face as straight as he could.

"I understand that I am hardly the most... presentable of partners, at that." He smirked grimly. "Though perhaps if you ever need to perform a practical joke...?"

Chuckling dryly under his breath, Redwave grasped at Minty's hooves and gazed at her. Seconds passed. Then minutes. It felt like hours.

"I suppose..." He said heavily, forcing himself to speak again against his will. "... that after this week, we go our seperate ways. But if you ever require anything Minty, you have but to send word. Anywhere in Equestria, I will find you. On... what little honor I have remaining, I swear it."

Absentmindedly touching the compass, Redwave sighed and shook his head, as if recovering from having shrugged off some great burden.

"Come now though, for we speak of the future as if it were upon us already! You are here for a week longer and it will take 'Fisher at least that to finish these repairs!" The captain announced with almost-genuine resolve and a ghost of a jaunty grin playing on his face as he kissed her again.

@,

Minty noticed that the stallion looked strangely.. well, sad. It wasnt really him to do that..

Minty looked worriedly and finally made up her mind. "I can bring you with me, I can get my father to like you, I promise!" Minty said, her grip tightening on Redwave's hooves.

"Look, Redwave.. After we separate, I don't think we'll ever see each other again afterwards. I..." Minty sighed. "I'll be sure to write. There won't be a single day without one..!" Minty said, trying to imitate Redwave, chuckling.

Well, before she started talking again, Redwave has already kissed her. Minty gave a weak smile into the kiss, quickly fading.

Minty then finally pulled away. "Just what will we do while I'm still here..? It's been a while since this sort of situation happened." Minty looked at the deck of the Dawn Dreamer. "I'm guessing that voyage together won't happen, huh..? I was really actually looking forward to it at the Castle and it was hard enough to call it off. Nopony has actually invited me on a trip with somepony alone. Not your everyday mare gets to do that," Minty said slowly, pecking Redwave's cheek.

@,

"Well, you are far from an 'everyday mare' are you not? An 'everyday mare' wouldn't have dived into the sea to save me. Wouldn't have come back after... everything that happened." Redwave smiled. 'Wouldn't be quite so modest or beautiful...' He thought.

"Perhaps. Every day may be a little excessive, do not trouble yourself so. Anything that you do send, I shall treasure though."

Motioning about the deck as he noticed Minty glance at it, he stepped out onto it and waved around, motioning to the cracks and various areas where what was once finely carved and adorned was chipped, splintered and burned. It was still a fine ship, but was a shadow of what it once was.

"The Dreamer looks to have seen better days I think, no thanks to myself. The ship I have in mind... If you ever find yourself nearby then know you will always be welcome. You will know it if you see it." He winked with false bravado: something Bardic had mentioned when they had last spoke was at the back of his mind coming to memory.

A new ship? It wouldn't make things any easier, but building it might at least take his mind off events long enough to avoid another run of his temper.

"For now, I think that we should find the others, I need to make an apology to some of them as well." The captain withheld a sigh: dwelling on the negatives had almost ruined him once already. "Then? We make the most of the time we have."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Minty blushed. "I-I guess so. We should go travel somewhere in Equestria before I leave. Like the Crystal Empire!" Minty said, a little too excitedly. "Oh-uh, unless you want to, of course. And, sure, every day is excessive, but I'd of course, miss you since we won't see each other for a while unless you stop by Applewood. We could still have that.. well, that voyage sometime, right? I really would like to go sailing sometime with you, see what it's like. I've never been sailing before, I just take everything by train and flight. Never a ship."

"A-anyway," Minty began, noticing she rambled on again about herself. "I guess I could hold off my parents. I really would like it if you could meet them somehow. It would mean a lot to me, yet it's still probably a tough decision to pick between you and family." Minty quickly shook it off again. "Uh, so, what should we do while I'm still here? Go somewhere..? Do something?" Minty asked, trying to give options on what to do so, hoping, she wouldn't scare Redwave away with her nervousness or her dorkiness.

@,

"You..." He grinned. "... are truly a mystery. Where is this Applewood? Not on the coast, I assume? I would surely have heard of it. Of course, I ask only out of curiosity and not, for example, an ulterior sense of adventure."

Chuckling in somewhat higher spirits than before, he allowed himself to slide down the the ground, back resting against the wooden wall of the cabin.

"Any time you wish, my dear. So long as there are no large, gaping holes in her hull, the dreamer can take you whenever you wish, wherever you wish. There hasn't been a sea yet which could stop me." The captain bragged. "As for more... short term ideas? I really have no idea where we might go, truth be told. I do not know the town itself and fear that some of my pastimes might be a little... well... not to you're taste, shall we say?"

The bar brawl came to mind: regret it as he did, there was no denying that it had been entertaining.

"Is there anywhere I might take you a little more... civilised than that forest we spent so long in? A meal or a show? My treat - I promise to not cause trouble: I can be quite the gentlecolt when need be." The smirk was back, jauntiness turned up to eleven.

"Perhaps If I meet you're delightful parents it might not be as disastrous as you expect?" He winked.

@,

Minty laughed. "I guess you've never been to the city? You'll love it there! The bustling city, the view from your window, kind ponies.. You'll feel right at home!"

After hearing Redwave's next remark and his usual jaunty smile forming on his face again, Minty gave a small smile and gripped his hoof tighter.

"You always have been a braggar," Minty smiled, looking at the ceiling. "Some of your pastimes? Well, I'd be fine with whatever we are doing as long as we're together, so I'm fine with whatever you want to do." Minty began to get up. "More civilized than that forest..? Well, there's a cafe down the road, but I think I'd rather just explore the Dawn Dreamer more."

Minty looked at Redwave at the word disastrous. "Don't worry, Redwave. They'll love you, I hope, if they had to. You're a very lovable stallion to be around." Minty gave him a slight side hug.

"Where are you going to go at night? Sleep on the Dawn Dreamer? Don't you have a home to go home to?" Minty asked worriedly, looking out the window. "Oh, I'm so scared.. My parents are strict when it comes to stallions."

@,

"We shall cross that sea when we get to it. I am certain that they will find me perfectly charming." Red smiled softly despite his false confidence. It felt strange - he was used to smiling, certainly: smiling cockily, jauntily, sarcastically, enthusiastically... just not softly.

He wasn't as certain as Minty seemed to be about how much he would 'love' the city - he could just about stand Canterlot and that was at a push, still, he wasn't about to let something like that get in the way.

"Yes, I usually stay aboard the Dreamer - she is my home, and a fine one at that!" He declared, enthusiasm dying a little midway through the sentence as he noticed a large chunk missing from one of the nearby planks in the ground. "Well, she is when she gets repairs more than once a month..."

While he did find it a little embarrassing in hindsight, having Minty aboard while the state if the converted merchant ship looked like it might belong to a common corsair, he wasn't going to refuse a chance to boast some more.

"No heating, that's the main problem: made of wood and all. She's leaking a little at the minute too... not to mention the incident last night. Still, I can show you around a little if you like?" He offered.

@

"Are you sure that they'll like you? They're pretty overprotective of me, and I'm not too sure if, well, they'll be okay with you or not. My father is really strict when it comes to stallions. He expects that certain stallion to be a lawyer or somepony who would take care of me well. If the stallion doesn't suit either of those, then you'll just have to convince him somehow that you're a good stallion." Minty said, standing up. 

"We should, uh, we should head around Ponyville while Kingfisher is working on the repairs." Minty said, intending for Redwave to follow her. 

"I doubt that I'd be worthy enough for you to go meet my parents, though. They won't accept a stallion unless he'd kill to be my coltfriend! I guess we'll just have to savor the last moments we'll be together. You'll have to resort to a huge dare if you try to impress them. My mother would be fine if you wanted to be my coltfriend. Fine by her." 
Minty smiled hopefully, then looked ahead of her. "Hope that they'll accept you. They're really, really overprotective."