Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Equestria is Earth wouldn't that mean...

Bendy

There is no Humans in their world, yet some fans think there once was.

If Equestria is Earth, or as in the fanon name Equis, wouldn't that mean the Human race is extinct? I have seen this a common fanon theory. 

Perhaps our fears of nuclear war did happen, thus the Human race became extinct. At any rate MLP FIM Pony archaeologists finding the remains of Humanity would be a dream come true.

If fanon Human loving Lyra Heartstrings is an archaeologist, she would probably cry seeing the bones of Humans, and may want to find a way to resurrect (in fan fiction/multiverse it can happen) our race. 

All this leads to another question, where the hell did all the magic come into existence? The only logical answer as nonsensically silly as it sounds that literally magic leaked into our universe from another universe through a portal or something. Thus the sapient Ponies were created along with all the other sapient races by some sort of God.

Also the our sun and moon is affected by the magic. 

Back to Human, if we did not destroy ourselves and the Pony archaeologists found an AI like Vigil from Mass Effect, that tells the fate of race going on along the lines of this video below. They would be terrified, seeing how even a galactic race could fall. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

I see where you're getting with this. It seems very possible.

1.Third World War

2.Humans completely wiped out due to Nukes and other WMD's

3.Some of the animals react to the nuclear fallout by becoming more intelligent

4.Mythical creatures come out of hiding (Dragons, Monsters, Discord, That weird chicken that turns you into stone, Pegasus and Unicorns)

5.They adopt some of our ways of living in their culture

Then I imagine all the different species of Ponies made their own factions and stuff (you see that from the play) and they don't remember anything about the humans. Magic is brought into the world by the Unicorns and Alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

it would definately be awesome if the MLP universe is actually some kind of fallout from the human apocalypse :3

altough it is a very long shot, i think with certain obscene amounts of radiation it might be possible to actually have unicorns and stuff like that :P

but that indeed leaves the question of the magic. i honestly have no clue on where they should get that.

That could be possible, but I prefer to think that Equis is the alternate version of Earth, the difference is that the laws of physics allowed magic. Then instead of monkeys, ponies were picked to evolve enough to become the dominant race. Along with some other animals.

I remember reading some theory that while humans were experimenting on creating new life-forms, a nuclear war was going on and the Earth was somehow blown out of orbit. But just before that the scientists had finished creating the lifeforms, which became Celestia and Luna. They made a new sun and moon, and move it around the planet with their magic.

This is basically just me spouting random headcanons, I apologize.  :(

That could be possible, but I prefer to think that Equis is the alternate version of Earth

What is Equis? where did people hear about this Equis place? sorry I'm a little slow and I'm a little confused what people are talking about here :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I'm pretty sure Equestria is located on Earth. In feeling Pinkie Keen, Twilight said "Earth to Pinkie!" So yeah, they are on our world.

Maybe some unforeseen cosmic incident like a gamma ray burst interacting w/ futuristic technology caused a world wide calamity that eradicated the human race, but mutated the surrounding wildlife that over time and evolution, endowing unique properties that could be construed as magic. It's possible ponies just happened to find the remnants of our culture. Then again, that knowledge may simply be mimetic, that is inherited and discovered though trial, error, and rationality. Making bowls for example. Every culture on earth, no matter what point in history they existed or where on earth, knew how to make bowls. It's the realistic thing to do when you want to have an object that holds things. Maybe many aspects of pony culture were reached naturally, without our help. It may have taken a little longer, as many of our progresses have come though the threat of war and disaster, something that Equestria doesn't seem to get very much of.

I don't really know if there is an Equestria on Earth, it could really be any state or country really. A very clean environment, with magical talking ponies as their inhabitants. How hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Equestria is located on Earth. In feeling Pinkie Keen, Twilight said "Earth to Pinkie!" So yeah, they are on our world.

I almost always take stuff like that as editing issues, for example in the original Star Fox 64, not 64-3D, if you shot Falco he would shout "Hey Einstein, I'm on your side". Now if we take this literally that would mean that not only the creatures of the Lylat System had travelled to Earth, but actually know who Einstein is. Rerelease's have fixed this error by replacing Einstein with the word genius. So I think that is an editing error. Furthermore, not to be rude but wouldn't that make Equis' backstory essentially the Land of Ooo's backstory, off of Adventure Time, except with technicolor ponies.

I know that Equestria's land design (check the map of the country) is based off an area in Northern Canada.. Damn Candeans (or however you spell it) are hiding things from us!!

I know that Equestria's land design (check the map of the country) is based off an area in Northern Canada.. Damn Candeans (or however you spell it) are hiding things from us!!

Well, Lauren Faust is Canadian.  Studio B is located in Canada.  When you ad 2 and 2 and 2 and 2 together, it tends to make perfect sense.

I have a funny theory.

1.) Nuclear weapons destroy the planet and all of humanity

2.) Cockroaches survive

3.) Cockroaches evolve/mutate into ponies after a long time with radiation that is left over

4.) Ponies rule the world!

• Brohoof 2

You guys are aware that Equestria is just a continent right? I think it's safe to say that it's just a nice little hidden landmass in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You know, like Valinor. Hidden by Celestia's magic because she thinks humans are a dangerous and destructive race and wants to keep them away.

You guys are aware that Equestria is just a continent right? I think it's safe to say that it's just a nice little hidden landmass in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You know, like Valinor. Hidden by Celestia's magic because she thinks humans are a dangerous and destructive race and wants to keep them away.

I want to clarify something.

Ponies are not the only dominant race, and Equestria is not a world. A continent, maybe, but most likely a mere country. (Pony supremacists. They think their race is so boss.) There are griffons, dragons, changelings, zebras, and several other sentiment species. There is mention of other countries (possibly Equestrian colonies, like Earth's Canada and Australia) such as Mustangia, Saddle Arabia, and the Crystal Empire.

Plus, I like to think that their world is not Earth. If it is, it'll have to be a time millions of years, when the humans have passed away as a mere part of "underground history". Ponies, with their current technology, know little about these humans. (In fact, I think they'll call them some crazy name and misunderstand everything they once did.)

By the way, if Lyra has an interest with humans, (It'll never be confirmed anyway, so let's go with the former) she would leave the humans be. Trying to resurrect the humans? Think Jurassic Park; that's what will happen. 

Equus is the genus for horses, if anyone's confused.

Equestria is not Earth, it is simply a land controlled by Celestia and Luna. Humans never did exist in MLP unless we are talking Equestria Girls that's different though. Fans are getting there fanfiction nonsense mixed in with the actual series, it happens a lot.

Equestria is not Earth, it is simply a land controlled by Celestia and Luna. Humans never did exist in MLP unless we are talking Equestria Girls that's different though. Fans are getting there fanfiction nonsense mixed in with the actual series, it happens a lot.

Actually, I believe it could be.  Several of the ponies (particularly Applejack and Twilight, the intellectual pony) have indeed referred to their world as being Earth, even if not directly.  How would they know that word if it wasn't Earth?  It would be impossible.

Actually, I believe it could be.  Several of the ponies (particularly Applejack and Twilight, the intellectual pony) have indeed referred to their world as being Earth, even if not directly.  How would they know that word if it wasn't Earth?  It would be impossible.

MLP is not immune to bad writing, in the end of the day it's a TV show for little girls and we have to reflect it as so. They aren't going to ingeniously describe things out, so the word "Earth" is simply used for the purpose of writing. The Ponyverse is not Earth. 

And the word earth doesn't have to refer to the proper Earth as a planet, it can very simply mean ground. As in, 'ground to Pinkie', which keeps the whole 'her head is up in the clouds' reference rational. Not the cleanest explanation, but I think it's sufficient. It's a little girl's cartoon, at the end of the day. 

• 7 years later...
41 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

The ponies killed us all, and created a better Earth named Equestria. Awesome!

@Splashee®, maybe there was a war in which Equestria won. But maybe their are humans in the world, but as revolutionaries and rebels that want to take back there world. You can't silence anything without resistance. ( Too deep? If so, sorry ) 

On 8/15/2013 at 10:58 AM, Bendy said:

Equestria is Earth, or as in the fanon name Equis, wouldn't that mean the Human race is extinct? I have seen this a common fanon theory. 

Not necessarily, the humans left the trashed planet :catface:

Oh for the heck of it, someone in the future had made a pony planet for the human amusement and filled it with the human junk.

Edited by RDDash
Jurassic park theory.