Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Every pro Flash Sentry argument ever: addressed

Hell Patrol

1.  Jealousy, really?  That's your opening line?  How could you possibly direct all the fans of MLP to being jealous of a new character who's been seen for, at most, a half hour in the history of MLP?

2.  The writers of MLP wouldn't just add a high-ranked member of the Crystal Empire guard( who isn't crystal like the other ponies may I add, which leads me to wondering why not unless he is to eventually come to Ponyville) to the story, and then develop a relationship with the main character of the whole show, and then drop him.

3.  Yeah they are a cute couple; as much as I hate to say it, this show does target little girls as the largest portion of it's audience, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just throw that away and crush a few of their wantings for a little romance.

4.  Who the heck gave you the right to say who says who is cool?  My cousin watches this show and calls Rainbow Dash cool all the time, and guess what?  She's a seven year old girl, not a fifteen year old girl, a seven year old girl.  I'm nineteen; yeah I think he's cool, but there is more to his value than his initial appeal to the crowd.

5.  Wow you sound like a dumb*** by saying that.  Any show that keeps the same old routine will lose followers and fall apart.  New things are what a show needs to keep the audience interested.  Heck, look at me; I doubt the writer's thought their ideas would appeal to a nineteen year old boy in college, but I'm a writer myself, and I don't judge stories because of who the writer's are targeting as an audience, I value stories for what value they give to the people who watch them.  The idea of MLP is incredible, I'll admit that; better than most shows I've ever seen, and what's more, it teaches kids important lessons about friendship.  Lord knows in today's world of youth, they need to be kept on track and given correct examples of the people they should be.

6.  I don't even need to cover this topic; you've proven to all who read number six that you have no idea what you're talking about.

7.  You're wrong; all characters in all stories need something when given time to develop as these characters have.  MLP has proven time and again that Twilight's path has led her in the right direction; the Mane 6 forming, the defeat of Nightmare Moon, etc.  Characters need motivation; you make it sound cold and heartless, saying that she doesn't need anything.  She's been alone in her studies before coming to Ponyville, her brother got married and is captain of the Canterlot Guard, unless she goes to Canterlot, she can't see him.  Being a princess, Twilight is likely to be given more assignments by Princess Celestia; perhaps sending her to far away places without her friends (which might be a laugh, because nothing can split them apart), this will call for somepony to lean on, and I believe Flash Sentry is that somepony.

And get something in that thick skull of yours; the writers can add or drop whatever the heck they want; they don't need some critic making their work that much more stressful.  I will respect the decision made by the writers of MLP whatever their decision will be.  But I hope this retaliation against your so-called reasons makes the fans of MLP realize that there is nothing you can say that will prove that Flash Sentry doesn't belong in season 4.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic rules, end of story.

• Brohoof 3

there is nothing you can say that will prove that Flash Sentry doesn't belong in season 4.

As much as I empathize with your statement and post it has already been confirmed by Meghan Mcarthy that he will not be appearing in Season 4.

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/346349093565652992

So apparently the only thing that CAN be said that will prove Flash doesnt belong in season 4 is a direct statement from one of the head writers declaring his exclusion from the season.

Oh well, maybe if enough people ask for him he'll be in Season 5 if 4 does well.

As much as I empathize with your statement and post it has already been confirmed by Meghan Mcarthy that he will not be appearing in Season 4.

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/346349093565652992

So apparently the only thing that CAN be said that will prove Flash doesnt belong in season 4 is a direct statement from one of the head writers declaring his exclusion from the season.

Oh well, maybe if enough people ask for him he'll be in Season 5 if 4 does well.

All matters aside, I actually just got into this whole website's idea.  I'm posting what I believe to be a retaliation against this person's argument.  I know Meghan "confirmed" that he won't be in season 4, I'm not an idiot, and I sure as **** don't want someone like you trying to whisk away this whole ordeal by saying the same thing over and over again.  Meghan said this, Meghan said that; you sound like a puppy, following what everyone says without question.  Grow some fangs, think for yourself for once.  She's been wrong before.  You just said ONE of the head writers, wow, one, big deal.  I'm not disregarding her word, I'm not meaning to disrespect her in any way, but I can voice whatever the heck I want, so this is my argument.  Come back with more evidence that he won't be on season 4, I'll be waiting. 

MLP rules.

She's been wrong before. You just said ONE of the head writers, wow, one, big deal

What has she been wrong about before? (regarding the show I don't want a cop-out answer)

She not "one" of the head writers she's the head writer there's only one and she's it. She has the final say in anything that happens in the MLP show really. So if she says he's not going to be a character then it's safe to say that he's not going to be a character.

Meghan said this, Meghan said that; you sound like a puppy, following what everyone says without question. Grow some fangs, think for yourself for once.
I don't get this part of your argument. What exactly do you want him to do? Are you saying that we should force the writers to do things they don't want to do?
  • Brohoof 1

Don't get me wrong, it's my personal opinión, but i see Flash Sentry like an accesory for a High School Drama, let's think about it for a sceond, do you realize a movie of a high school without the "cool" guy who couples the main character? and of course they put the pony version simply for put a cameo of the love element because they can't "cut off" a feeling in the character, obviously he isn't gonna be on season 4 because the show must go on with it's intact structure and once again Flash Sentry was merely a OBJECT for a high school movie where love is one of the most important element in those movies, not in the original story i don't "hate" Flash Sentry, but i would put him on last episodes or anypony perfect for Sparkle (once again it's my personal opinion).   

All matters aside, I actually just got into this whole website's idea. I'm posting what I believe to be a retaliation against this person's argument. I know Meghan "confirmed" that he won't be in season 4, I'm not an idiot, and I sure as **** don't want someone like you trying to whisk away this whole ordeal by saying the same thing over and over again. Meghan said this, Meghan said that; you sound like a puppy, following what everyone says without question. Grow some fangs, think for yourself for once. She's been wrong before. You just said ONE of the head writers, wow, one, big deal. I'm not disregarding her word, I'm not meaning to disrespect her in any way, but I can voice whatever the heck I want, so this is my argument. Come back with more evidence that he won't be on season 4, I'll be waiting.

MLP rules.

Sorry dude, I agree with you that Flash Sentry should be in season 4, but there is literally no reason for you to be so rude to this person.

I fail to see how "thinking for yourself" is going to make Meghan wrong and make Flash Sentry become a central character in season 4. That just doesn't make any sense.

And evidence that he won't be in season 4? You mean besides the fact that

1. He is nowhere in any of the preview clips shown at San Diego Comic Con

2. Meghan deliberately stated that he will not be in season 4

3. Meghan also deliberately said that Equestria Girls does not need to be seen in order to understand season 4.

You honestly believe that Meghan must be lying because she wouldn't blatantly give information regarding season 3, or when Sunset Shimmer was spoiled when her toy was released? There is a difference between saying that Flash isn't in season 4 and her withholding information: Meghan never LIED about anything. She simply played dumb or gave us hints... saying that Flash is not in season 4 is a concrete declaration.

Besides, why should we provide you with evidence of absence when you cannot provide anyone with actual evidence of him being in season 4?

And lastly... why the hell does it even matter? If Meghan lied about Flash, then she lied about Flash. Big fucking whoop. It's just a TV show, remember? No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Dissing Meghan and insulting the people who are willing to trust her when she makes a concrete statement about a character not being present does not make Flash Sentry become a character in season 4.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry dude, I agree with you that Flash Sentry should be in season 4, but there is literally no reason for you to be so rude to this person.

I fail to see how "thinking for yourself" is going to make Meghan wrong and make Flash Sentry become a central character in season 4. That just doesn't make any sense.

And evidence that he won't be in season 4? You mean besides the fact that

1. He is nowhere in any of the preview clips shown at San Diego Comic Con

2. Meghan deliberately stated that he will not be in season 4

3. Meghan also deliberately said that Equestria Girls does not need to be seen in order to understand season 4.

You honestly believe that Meghan must be lying because she wouldn't blatantly give information regarding season 3, or when Sunset Shimmer was spoiled when her toy was released? There is a difference between saying that Flash isn't in season 4 and her withholding information: Meghan never LIED about anything. She simply played dumb or gave us hints... saying that Flash is not in season 4 is a concrete declaration.

Besides, why should we provide you with evidence of absence when you cannot provide anyone with actual evidence of him being in season 4?

And lastly... why the hell does it even matter? If Meghan lied about Flash, then she lied about Flash. Big fucking whoop. It's just a TV show, remember? No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Dissing Meghan and insulting the people who are willing to trust her when she makes a concrete statement about a character not being present does not make Flash Sentry become a character in season 4.

i agree with you man, this is a Love and Tolerate place where bronies can express themselves without fear those kind of comments

i agree with you man, this is a Love and Tolerate place where bronies can express themselves without fear those kind of comments

And as an added note, I have no problem with people being skeptical of Meghan's tweets... the problem is not the skepticism. The problem is that Ultra-Violet is so... aggressive with his opinions.

Question for UV: Do you feel like you are surrounded by Flash haters and you are simply trying to combat all the hate? I know how you feel but I just want to let you know that it is a pointless battle. If you read earlier about my comments about people's headcanons about him, you may understand why.

I always saw flash sentry as a marty mcfly, but with all personality sucked out, which is my main problem with him.

I wanted to like him, because there was potential. That's why I like the scene where he walks into the door before entering the dance.

It was the one moment where he showed some kind of likability. It was a funny moment for a rather lifeless character. That and his reaction to being "rejected" from going with twilight. He genuinely seemed sad and that's character. Even the whole theater went "aww" and I felt the same way.

Other than that, there was no room to develop him in a movie that was shorter than average and that spent more time reintroducing twilight to all the other characters again. 

Why he was created for the movie when he wasn't coming back for season 4? The world may never know. 

• Brohoof 1

Ultra Violet I understand why you reacted that way and I was being a smart-ass. However I chose to view certain things objectively so I make sure to gather all evidence and facts to make sure most of my statements hold true. Meghan Mcarthy's input is really the ONLY solid fact on this matter considering she is THE head writer for season 4 as well as the main writer for Equestria girls and the Flash Sentry character himself. (Meghan also tweeted that she wants the "lies" memes to stop. Convincing enough of a motivation to me. She listens to the fandom)

I'm no puppy dog, I'm just a guy who doesn't want to look like an uneducated idiot that only uses opinions, headcannons, and hunches to back up my argument when it comes to matters like this.

I also like to analyze patterns and based how this fandom has been running it seems his exclusion was mostly influenced by fan-hate and the fact that EQG is only a spin-off and not cannon. If this hate can be turned around to positive feedback maybe he will come back in season 5 (hopefully with good writing and a flushed out character)

I'm not trying to be pessimistic about Flash's presence in the series, I'm just sticking closely to what I know and what can be done. If you go a few pages back on this thread you can certainly see how much I defend Him and his potential to be a good thing for the show. I'm certainly no Flash hater if that's what you think.

Final note: The Captain Brony doesn't need fangs when he utilizes the elements of harmony to use Rekkoha!

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)
  • Brohoof 2

So I'm reading the OP but all I'm seeing is "You like a character I don't like. STOP THAT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE GOLLY GEE WHILLIKERS, IT SURE MAKES ME UPSET!"

Well, lemme tell ya, I sure do take you seriously and am in no way mocking or belittling your totally rational hatred for a fictional character.

Edited by Koelath
  • Brohoof 5

Ultra Violet I understand why you reacted that way and I was being a smart-ass. However I chose to view certain things objectively so I make sure to gather all evidence and facts to make sure most of my statements hold true. Meghan Mcarthy's input is really the ONLY solid fact on this matter considering she is THE head writer for season 4 as well as the main writer for Equestria girls and the Flash Sentry character himself. (Meghan also tweeted that she wants the "lies" memes to stop. Convincing enough of a motivation to me. She listens to the fandom)

I'm no puppy dog, I'm just a guy who doesn't want to look like an uneducated idiot that only uses opinions, headcannons, and hunches to back up my argument when it comes to matters like this.

I also like to analyze patterns and based how this fandom has been running it seems his exclusion was mostly influenced by fan-hate and the fact that EQG is only a spin-off and not cannon. If this hate can be turned around to positive feedback maybe he will come back in season 5 (hopefully with good writing and a flushed out character)

I'm not trying to be pessimistic about Flash's presence in the series, I'm just sticking closely to what I know and what can be done. If you go a few pages back on this thread you can certainly see how much I defend Him and his potential to be a good thing for the show. I'm certainly no Flash hater if that's what you think.

Final note: The Captain Brony doesn't need fangs when he utilizes the elements of harmony to use Rekkoha!

Look, the whole point of these forums are to voice each other's opinions on the matter.  I admit that my last quote was a bit aggressive; I was caught on a bad day to be honest, but the reason I posted my original comment was because I was voicing my opinion.  Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion; I'm just someone who gets pissed off when others have something smart to say back.  I won't pretend to know more than anyone on the whole MLP/Flash Sentry matter.  I meant no disrespect to Captain Brony or RockinRarity; the truth is, it's just a TV show.  Does it matter THAT much to me that Flash Sentry is in season 4, no, I am just one of the people who would like to see him again; if not in season 4, then maybe 5, if there will be one which I hope.  My statement of no opinion doesn't apply to Captain Brony; you were voicing your opinion just as I was.  After countless forums I've seen of this debate off someone's main reason being the same thing, I guess I kind of snapped when I saw "But Meghan said" again.  I'm saying this because I am trying my best to avoid any kind of conflict, that was not my reason for posting what I did.  Again, no disrespect to either of you, but I believe it to be wise for this pointless debate to stop here.  Obviously we are not going to change the other's mind on the matter.  I apologize if my post disrespected you Captain Brony.  I guess we'll just see what happens when the season begins.

MLP rules.

Edited by Ultra-Violet
  • Brohoof 1

Look, the whole point of these forums are to voice each other's opinions on the matter. I admit that my last quote was a bit aggressive; I was caught on a bad day to be honest, but the reason I posted my original comment was because I was voicing my opinion. Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion; I'm just someone who gets pissed off when others have something smart to say back. I won't pretend to know more than anyone on the whole MLP/Flash Sentry matter. I meant no disrespect to Captain Brony or RockinRarity; the truth is, it's just a TV show. Does it matter THAT much to me that Flash Sentry is in season 4, no, I am just one of the people who would like to see him again; if not in season 4, then maybe 5, if there will be one which I hope. My statement of no opinion doesn't apply to Captain Brony; you were voicing your opinion just as I was. After countless forums I've seen of this debate off someone's main reason being the same thing, I guess I kind of snapped when I saw "But Meghan said" again. I'm saying this because I am trying my best to avoid any kind of conflict, that was not my reason for posting what I did. Again, no disrespect to either of you, but I believe it to be wise for this pointless debate to stop here. Obviously we are not going to change the other's mind on the matter. I apologize if my post disrespected you Captain Brony. I guess we'll just see what happens when the season begins.

MLP rules.

This is fair. I think, though, that it is good to keep in mind that not everyone who says, "But Meghan said" is doing so because they want to tell the people who like Flash "I'm right and you're wrong, nya nya!"

For me, I do want Flash to be in season 4. But unfortunately, given the evidence that we have from our head writer, it doesn't look like it will be happening. So I have decided not to put hope in something that seems unlikely and therefore set myself up for disappointment.

I am no pessimist. In fact I am optimistic that he can return in a later season. At the same time, I am a pretty down-to-earth person and I like to keep things in that sort of perspective.

Also, anyone who gives the "But Meghan said" explanation just to shove it in people's faces because he is a person who dislikes Flash, is acting like a jackass. lol

• 1 year later...

What the title says, this thread will be a compilation of the various arguments, reasons, ideas, fallacies, and flat out fanboy whining that has comprised the mass of the extremely vocal "Pro Flash Sentry" fanbase. It seems to me this fanbase is largely comprised of people who either decided to begin their trek into the show around season 3, or giddy teenage girls who like him for the exact reason Hasbro wanted the tweens to. But let's not go into that, let's destroy these arguments like hasdrones destroy pictures of Lauren Faust every night. (Note that this is directed namely at the kind who support him in Season 4 and future Seasons, but is not limited to those and applies to really everyone who makes these arguments)

1. "You only hate him because you're jealous"

Ah yes, it seems the most common argument comes right off the bat as strawman infested pablum straight out of the internet fangirl handbook. Look, I'll give this argument some credibility as it's not entirely devoid of merit. But this argument fails to show anything, it doesn't argue against the points made by who it replies to, and it doesn't argue for any viewpoint.

2. "What was the point of having him in the movie if they're just going to throw him away"

Nothing. Things don't have to have a point, but in fact one can logically deduce lots of points of why they would do that. Simply put, throwaway characters come and go, it's like latching on to every person who says hello to you at the supermarket. If you attempt to do so you'll effectively find yourself more emotionally crippled than the writers at Kotaku.

3. "They're such a cute couple!"

So? I'm sure lots of people in terms of aesthetics make cute couples.  Even attempting being entirely neutral on the personality we know that this is purely subjective. Simply put, this argument is not even slightly a reason to like this character pairing, especially when this character has all the characteristics of a self-insert OC.

4. "But Flash is so cool!"

Ah, an argument dispensed almost exclusively by teenage girls (Not to say that all teenage girls like this twit, or that all teenage girls are stupid). Yes, I'm sure you're 15 and you lack a comprehensive understanding of the nature of love to even a baseline degree and any man who drives a Camaro, plays guitar, and wears a jacket will win you over easier than the Sonic fanbase. But in all honesty I can say that I'd have no doubts the same teenage girls who fire this argument like a heroin junkie working at a drug clinic would be hasty to express their disdain for a movie in which a male protagonist they liked fell for some large breasted woman with the personality of a pear and the intellect of of a walrus simply because "she's cool!".

5. "The writers need new ideas to make the show interesting"

Ignoring the obvious implications that the writers came up with Flash Sentry in the first place, I seriously doubt that the writers need new ideas or that they need to make a main character have a romantic interest as their only hope for salvaging the show. Look, the writers are juggling enough (and in my opinion BAD) changes as it is. Alicorn Twilight is a pile of guano they already are likely going to need to pump a 13 episode stimulus package into in order to make any sense of it all, and hell let's not forget the great characters which have been relegated to the corner in favor of making Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash episode #6,739. I'm still interested in seeing where Rarity's character goes, or Applejack's, and Fluttershy and Pinkie as well.

6. "Why do you care it isn't canon anyways"

This is the last ditch argument made by pro Flash Sentry people when all else fails a significant portion of the time. I personally hold some other bones which must be picked with this argument, but for now even if I assume this will never be canon. Here's why I care, I care because I support competent writing and believable character motivation. I care because I care about the guidelines set by the very woman who played a massive role in the revitalization of this franchise nearly three years ago. I care because as someone who's watched this fanbase and franchise grow since December of 2010 I want what is the best for its continued propagation. But even so, the promise that it isn't canon is a Hasbro promise. The same people who promised us Twilicorn wouldn't happen because "surprises". Do you honestly think that this is a move they wouldn't do? Of course they would do this, where there's profit there's always someone ready to take the helm and receive that profit.

7. "But Twilight can't just be lonely! She needs love!"

A cartoon character does not NEED anything, they are not living entities with a need to maintain homeostasis. By that logic we should show every scene where they're presumed to be eating in order to make sure that the viewer knows they're getting proper nutrition. Even so, giving a character a pairing (especially in a show created by a woman who specifically engineered the formula to AVOID character pairings) is a delicate process.

That was all the arguments I have to address right now, there are probably more I can think of but this post is already quite long and these are just the ones I've run into the most (I will still likely add more as I . If anyone wishes to level any other arguments at me I would be more than up to a response. This also happens to be my first post on these forums and I'm looking forward to the experience of putting some time in around here to see what the current community thinks, as I've always been rather distant from the fanbase.

What the title says, this thread will be a compilation of the various arguments, reasons, ideas, fallacies, and flat out fanboy whining that has comprised the mass of the extremely vocal "Pro Flash Sentry" fanbase. It seems to me this fanbase is largely comprised of people who either decided to begin their trek into the show around season 3, or giddy teenage girls who like him for the exact reason Hasbro wanted the tweens to. But let's not go into that, let's destroy these arguments like hasdrones destroy pictures of Lauren Faust every night. (Note that this is directed namely at the kind who support him in Season 4 and future Seasons, but is not limited to those and applies to really everyone who makes these arguments)

Ah yes, it seems the most common argument comes right off the bat as strawman infested pablum straight out of the internet fangirl handbook. Look, I'll give this argument some credibility as it's not entirely devoid of merit. But this argument fails to show anything, it doesn't argue against the points made by who it replies to, and it doesn't argue for any viewpoint.

2. "What was the point of having him in the movie if they're just going to throw him away"

Nothing. Things don't have to have a point, but in fact one can logically deduce lots of points of why they would do that. Simply put, throwaway characters come and go, it's like latching on to every person who says hello to you at the supermarket. If you attempt to do so you'll effectively find yourself more emotionally crippled than the writers at Kotaku.

So? I'm sure lots of people in terms of aesthetics make cute couples.  Even attempting being entirely neutral on the personality we know that this is purely subjective. Simply put, this argument is not even slightly a reason to like this character pairing, especially when this character has all the characteristics of a self-insert OC.

Ah, an argument dispensed almost exclusively by teenage girls (Not to say that all teenage girls like this twit, or that all teenage girls are stupid). Yes, I'm sure you're 15 and you lack a comprehensive understanding of the nature of love to even a baseline degree and any man who drives a Camaro, plays guitar, and wears a jacket will win you over easier than the Sonic fanbase. But in all honesty I can say that I'd have no doubts the same teenage girls who fire this argument like a heroin junkie working at a drug clinic would be hasty to express their disdain for a movie in which a male protagonist they liked fell for some large breasted woman with the personality of a pear and the intellect of of a walrus simply because "she's cool!".

Ignoring the obvious implications that the writers came up with Flash Sentry in the first place, I seriously doubt that the writers need new ideas or that they need to make a main character have a romantic interest as their only hope for salvaging the show. Look, the writers are juggling enough (and in my opinion BAD) changes as it is. Alicorn Twilight is a pile of guano they already are likely going to need to pump a 13 episode stimulus package into in order to make any sense of it all, and hell let's not forget the great characters which have been relegated to the corner in favor of making Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash episode #6,739. I'm still interested in seeing where Rarity's character goes, or Applejack's, and Fluttershy and Pinkie as well.

This is the last ditch argument made by pro Flash Sentry people when all else fails a significant portion of the time. I personally hold some other bones which must be picked with this argument, but for now even if I assume this will never be canon. Here's why I care, I care because I support competent writing and believable character motivation. I care because I care about the guidelines set by the very woman who played a massive role in the revitalization of this franchise nearly three years ago. I care because as someone who's watched this fanbase and franchise grow since December of 2010 I want what is the best for its continued propagation. But even so, the promise that it isn't canon is a Hasbro promise. The same people who promised us Twilicorn wouldn't happen because "surprises". Do you honestly think that this is a move they wouldn't do? Of course they would do this, where there's profit there's always someone ready to take the helm and receive that profit.

A cartoon character does not NEED anything, they are not living entities with a need to maintain homeostasis. By that logic we should show every scene where they're presumed to be eating in order to make sure that the viewer knows they're getting proper nutrition. Even so, giving a character a pairing (especially in a show created by a woman who specifically engineered the formula to AVOID character pairings) is a delicate process.

That was all the arguments I have to address right now, there are probably more I can think of but this post is already quite long and these are just the ones I've run into the most (I will still likely add more as I . If anyone wishes to level any other arguments at me I would be more than up to a response. This also happens to be my first post on these forums and I'm looking forward to the experience of putting some time in around here to see what the current community thinks, as I've always been rather distant from the fanbase.

Ah yes. The Straw man fallacy. The argument used by people who try to make another group look worse in order to make their own Them self look better. 

A truly, truly beautiful thing. *eyroll* As someone who is a fan of Flash, I have yet to see a single person use any of these arguments against detractors of Flash. I'll seen a lot of intelligent arguments(hell,I've written some) as to why people like him, and of those you have listed, not a single one appears. 

Also, very mature of you to insult people who like him by saying; "the fanbase is largely comprised of people who either decided to begin their trek into the show around season 3, or giddy teenage girls."  and calling them " hasdrones" Very mature. You do know the show was and still is intended for a different audience, right? Namely girls from 8-13.

I'm not saying you can't dislike Flash, that wouldn't be fair. But I think we can all admit that the hate he gets is insane and people really overacted to him.

Also, if you are going to do something like this, could you at least talk to some fans who have real arguments and not play the Straw man card? Thanks.

• Brohoof 3

Ah yes. The Straw man fallacy. The argument used by people who try to make another group look worse in order to make their own Them self look better. 

A truly, truly beautiful thing. *eyroll* As someone who is a fan of Flash, I have yet to see a single person use any of these arguments against detractors of Flash. I'll seen a lot of intelligent arguments(hell,I've written some) as to why people like him, and of those you have listed, not a single one appears. 

Also, very mature of you to insult people who like him by saying; "the fanbase is largely comprised of people who either decided to begin their trek into the show around season 3, or giddy teenage girls."  and calling them " hasdrones" Very mature. You do know the show was and still is intended for a different audience, right? Namely girls from 8-13.

I'm not saying you can't dislike Flash, that wouldn't be fair. But I think we can all admit that the hate he gets is insane and people really overacted to him.

Also, if you are going to do something like this, could you at least talk to some fans who have real arguments and not play the Straw man card? Thanks.

Sooooo... you have some these "intelligent arguments", right? Not sure why you wouldn't actually give any to begin with, but now's your chance to actually prove him wrong instead of just saying he's wrong.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Flash Sentry is too underdeveloped to have any reason to exist other than being a comedic plot device, I cannot see why everyone hates the character so much that they are unhappy with him making a brief cameo but still, they need to give Flash more personality or just never bring him up again.

• Brohoof 2

It's not unknown to most that the romance element was shoehorned at best.

He has no real core character to make him important enough in most stories if any story at all. Knowing that it doesn't mean he lacks potential as a character since he is pretty much a blank slate.

Unfortunately the fan backlash has almost sealed his fate as a throwaway character since most don't want to see him again.

If any of his character is to be explored or fleshed out, it would mean the writers would have to take liberties with his character that may warrant even further backlash from fans for Flash's mere inclusion in any MLP story.

Taking that route could lead to good or bad results as far as his characterization is concerned, but I think it can be best utilized in an equestrian setting. Mainly because not many interesting roles can be made out of a human high school setting when it comes to a character like Flash. Seeing his role as a royal guard would prove much more interesting in the end.

Well, to be honest, most con Flash Sentry arguments are not exactly concrete either  :huh: .

Anyway, that bad first impression probably doomed him any chance to become an Ensemble Darkhorse as many secondary and background characters are to the fandom. Though, I have the impression the writers wanna keep him that way and troll the fandom with cameos  :muffins:

Rarity romances required work which the Twilight romance lacks. Rarity had crushes, but she also had to put effort into it to get somewhere with it. Twilight on the other hand just has FS dropped into her lap.

Sometimes I think the hate for him is a little misplaced. I'll agree he is a bland character, somewhat boring, with a rather contived romance, but I hardly find him offensive.

• Brohoof 1

You know, i find it hilarious that some people are so mad at him. Sure, he's bland, he's forgettable, he's just there because they need a love interest for Twilight, which is never addressed in the show to begin with, etc. But The fact that people get so triggered, that they only hate Three's a crowd because Flash is there for 5 seconds, is mind-boggling to me.

Stay cool guys. It's not like Flash took all the money from you and now you can't pay your incomes.

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 3