Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you eat dinner with your family, friends, or alone?

Moonlight

125 users have voted

1. 1. Do you eat dinner with your friends, family, or by yourself?

• Friends
    • Family
    • Alone
    • Depends

Eating with my family is my preference, but differing schedules sometimes makes that difficult or not possible. Weekends are easier. Every Saturday and Sunday we have lunch and/or dinner together. On weekdays I'll often eat at the kitchen table in their presence just to spend time with them, though they've finished by the time I'm home from work.

After I finish amassing some money and manage to get out of here, I'll be eating alone. Don't have any friends in the area I could call up for dinner.

My family and I are busy much of the time.  We take every opportunity we can to have dinner together even when someone cannot make it.  Usually we eat dinner by ourselves if no one was able to prepare it for the rest of us.

Well, i don't go to friends or have friends over almost ever, so yeah.

I mean the last time i went to a friends house was before last school year started.

However at home i always eat with my family, they don't give me a choice, it doesn't normally bother me.

We eat lunch together sometimes, sometimes not, depends whats going on.

Breakfast is random.

During school i'm usually eating lunch at school anyways though.

Dinner we always eat together, unless my family is out of the house or something.

Well it depends. I do eat with my family if I can. But since I always stay up so late I usually wake up late too. And by then, the rest of my family have already eaten. Also, if I'm at school then I obviously eat with my friends.

I normally eat alone unless its a special occasion because I hate the food smacking noises my parents make and I just don't really know what to talk about.

Well I guess it completely depends on the circumstances.  This summer I largely ate by myself, but that's because I was living in a very isolated spot in Northern Michigan and was usually kept busy by my two jobs.  At Hillsdale I'd usually do my best to find friends to sit with at meal times, but if I couldn't find any I would eat by myself.  And here at home I try to eat with my family as often as possible, since I just love my family and their company at meals.

Well, I use to do it a lot when I was younger but, lately it seems like I hardly ever do it now. :blush: 

It happens more so on special occasions like birthdays, holidays, celebrations etc. 

Mostly with family. Given our schedules, that's one of the few times we can all reliably be in the same place at the same time. However, even then sometimes doesn't work, in which case I eat alone. Although this case is very rare. There's also the occasional party at a friend's house, in which case I'll eat my stuff there.

Depends really, I eat with my family one day, then I eat with my brother, so it still kind of depends, it'll change once my brother gets a job, some days I'll eat alone.

I put alone because that is pretty much 90 percent of the time. That doesn't mean I don't interact with my family at-all though, I've always hated though gathering around a table to eat and simply stare at each-other. My family can't talk and eat at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually eat with my family, but I prefer to eat alone. It's definitely nice to spend some family time at the dining table, but there's something awesome about just going in your room and browsing the web while eating a delicious dinner. I also eat dinner with a friend from time to time, but that's something that happens more often with lunch.

• Brohoof 1

When I'm at my mom's house, I usually eat alone. However, when I'm at my dad's house, I usually eat with the whole family there. Though, I would eat by myself if I was given the choice at my dad's house, but I'm kind of forced to eat with everyone. 

I eat dinner in my room. Actually, I also eat lunch there as well. I also eat breakfast in there unless I'm going to school. I don't know where I would be in life if it were not for my room.

I eat at my computer.  My family all get hungry at different times, since we have different schedules, so there isn't much of a way we could eat together.  The rest of them eat at the table though, just at different times.

Well I use to eat with my sister till she moved away for colllege >_< so now I just eat alone ... mostly out cause i don't really like cooking alone for one :\...... REALLY wish I had friends to eat with. 

I have this problem where I really don't like to eat in front of most people.  Long story behind that.  But I've never sat down and eaten with my own family before since we don't have a dining room nor a dining room table, so I'd usually just go in my room and eat alone.  I don't have a problem eating around friends but it's extremely awkward for me to sit down at like, a dinner table, and eat with people.  I've only done it like 4 times my whole life and I turn 19 this November.  It makes me really uncomfortable.