Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you eat dinner with your family, friends, or alone?

Moonlight

125 users have voted

1. 1. Do you eat dinner with your friends, family, or by yourself?

• Friends
    • Family
    • Alone
    • Depends

I eat with my family because they force me to. Given a choice for a change, I would eat alone without hesitation. You don't understand the meaning of the word 'odd' until you've dined with my family. They make Pinkie Pie pale in comparison :blink:   

I almost always eat dinner with my mom (Since my dad doesn't live with us.) so I think that counts as eating dinner with my family. I don't think I've ever really eaten dinner "alone". At least not yet.

I usually eat at the dinner table with just my younger brother. However, we don't talk much :P we sort of have our own world. We both just sit at the table watching youtube vids on out Ipods. I watch things like Documentaries on animals and insects, and he watches game play throughs and youtube stars.

Alone.  :okiedokielokie:

Family Dinners are overrated. Do you really think I want to hear about your day?

No, cause you'll ended spitting all over my damn food...

I tell my mom thanks for cooking her delicious food, though!  :wub:

Well if it's a real home made dinner then, I sorta eat with my family. I say sorta because we're in the same room and all, but we're not always together, you know what I mean? We (sometimes all of us, sometimes a few of us) sit down eat -- usually anywhere around the room -- , say a couple words here and there, finish up and go our separate ways.

If it's one of those "fend for yourselves" days, then I eat alone. Sometimes eating in my room, sometimes in the living room, sometimes in the kitchen. 

When I'm away at college, I eat dinner alone all the time.

I eat with my friends a lot, since I live at college right now. Usually when I'm in the dining hall, at least one person I know is there, and I usually eat with them. Occasionally I'll eat alone, though. Especially when I eat off campus. I find the occasional meal by myself relaxing.

I typically eat alone. Unless we're eating out, my family doesn't really ever eat together. My dad usually eats in the living room, my mom in their bedroom, and me in my room.

As soon as supper is finished, I simply take my food, thank my mother, and head back up to my room to eat by myself. I never eat with anyone else really, not unless we're eating at a restaurant or something of course. :squee:

I live with just a roommate who tends not to eat socially, so I'm not counting my current situation - the way I grew up, we always ate dinner together as a family.

I actually once did a public speech (for a speech class) about this very topic - and it was often found that families that ate together often had much, much better nutrition, were better socially with each other, and even factors like school grades went way up based on that one difference.

I get that a lot of family conversations aren't always pleasant, but it's not like a friendly relationship - you're all looking out for each other in one way or another. Couples argue too, and those things need to happen to get feelings out into the open.

You certainly can't force it, but if you can convince family members away from seperated TV dinners, you might start to learn things from each other.

• Brohoof 1

I always eat alone. The only time I eat dinner with family and friends is during the holidays and on birthdays, so many 4 or 5 times a year I'll eat with family and friends.

Well it depends really I guess. I'm at college right now so I go back and forth between alone and with friends. Some nights I go to the dining center with my peps and other nights I just microwave something in my dorm.

I usually make food only for myself and eat alone, though, my roommates are always up and about. If I'm in a good mood I'll cook for the house.

When I lived with my family, we never ate together. Even though I really wanted to :(

My parents are all about eating together and there is no other option. Not hungry? We don't care, you have to join us. I honestly don't mind it some nights, though it does get very frustrating when I'm in the middle of something and just wanna grab a quick bite and get back to what ever it is that I am doing.

It obviously differs a bit from time to time, but by assuming that we are talking about a normal day I can say that I eat dinner with my family.

I usually don't eat anything when I'm home alone.

Most of the time I eat my dinner alone in my own house. Even when I'm visiting my parents, I would still eat my dinners alone. It's danged cramped when you have three people eating together in a small room, but sometimes when my father is away I would eat dinner with my mum.

My sister is so far away, so she's out from the equation :c

Usually it's either by myself or with friends.(Unless holidays or someone's birthday.) I usually go out with friends for dinner 2 or more times a week and when I'm not I normally just buy my own dinner and eat it alone. I love my family, but I'd much prefer watching a baseball game or movie than talking. Not really much of a conversationalist.

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly

• 3 weeks later...

depends on certain people's availability :) 

if my parents are around, the whole family would eat together for dinner. 

if they are not around, then it is most probably, dinner with my sisters (when my younger sister is around) and niece and brother-in-law (if he is around). 

well, there are circumstances when I eat alone. 

don't like going out at night. much.