Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Xbox One

Batbrony

Well... Its a box.

They have that right I guess?

I mean let us be honest. What this essentially is, is a glorified blu ray that plays games and will not work if you give it your love.

If you don't log in within 24 hours, it shuts off and becomes useless. And then there is the fact that when the next console after comes out they'll shut down the servers for the xbox one so you won't be able to use it at all.

If you put in a pre-owned game, you have to pay a fee for it online, yet you are already paying for online as well as the fact you bought the game already.

You can give the game to borrow to any of your friends, but you have to have known them for at least 30 days and you can only do it once per game. Sure, you can give it to random friends online, but why not just PASS the game to them and let them play it for however long?

Why do people say the games look impressive when they honestly look no different? I mean granted they can have more to them but they don't look any better.

The only reason backwards compatibility is not a negative is because you could just keep your xbox360.

But hey.

They have advanced fish which clip under the camera anyway.

AND DOGS GUYS! DOGS!

I'm still getting an Xbox One, so it doesn't matter to me. I like to focus on the games, and all of the games on PS4 that I want come on the Xbox while stuff like Halo and Titanfall are Xbox exclusives.

I'm still getting an Xbox One, so it doesn't matter to me. I like to focus on the games, and all of the games on PS4 that I want come on the Xbox while stuff like Halo and Titanfall are Xbox exclusives.

I agree with this, which is why I'm looking at the WiiU as well.  Bayonetta 2 is coming exclusively for them, which has me very anxious into buying that console. 

But there still has to be a fine line with excusing a console for all its missteps for having good games.  I hope you have a really good internet connection, don't mind being forced into talking to your Kinect since there's no power button, you actually have to tell it to turn on and off every single time, paying a hundred + more than the competition, possibly losing your gaming library in around ten years if they ever cut the servers off for you console, and being forced to buy EVERY game brand new, meaning you'll have to buy everything around $60 per game no matter what.  I hope all of this, and more, is worth getting a few exclusive games you want.

Even though I'm a Sony fan, I'm surprised that Microsoft fans are now moving on towards PS4 (and even PC and Wii U). I mean, judging by the DRM, region-lock, online 24/7 feature for the Xbox One, it gained very little appeal for many fans and gamers alike, especially when the Xbox One's price for $499.99, and that payment is required to play used games. Not only that, you're not allowed to sell or let a friend borrow it because the Xbox One won't let you do so. What also irks me is that the Kinect is mandatory when it comes to playing games and turning it off will render games unplayable, same goes internet connectivity. Also, the guy that mentions "if you want to play games offline, buy an Xbox 360 instead." just proves how arrogant he is. He  (or they, if you count the guys who made the Xbox One) rely more on money than fans, to be quite honest.

Also, this video explains the prices for both consoles.

So apparently the military is refusing to buy the Xbox One. Between the fact that it's totally useless after 24 hours when they are overseas and the security risk with the new Kinect (even if they have said it can indeed be turned off) Microsoft is alienating the entire US military as well as other countries' military. From what I remember the 360 was one of the most used consoles in military bases and one of the biggest contributing factors to Microsoft's success. They are cutting them out of this and it's going to hurt them bad.

So apparently the military is refusing to buy the Xbox One. Between the fact that it's totally useless after 24 hours when they are overseas and the security risk with the new Kinect (even if they have said it can indeed be turned off) Microsoft is alienating the entire US military as well as other countries' military. From what I remember the 360 was one of the most used consoles in military bases and one of the biggest contributing factors to Microsoft's success. They are cutting them out of this and it's going to hurt them bad.

You also need to add in the fact that every console is region locked, meaning you can't take your console overseas and expect it to play.  Same with any game purchased.  The PS4 on the other hand is NOT region lock, meaning you can purchase any console and game from anywhere, and it should work.  Publishers may region lock their own games, depending on what they want, but a majority of the games should be playable no matter where you go.

(edited)

Well, it appears that Microsoft is actually NOT blind, deaf, and dumb, contrary to popular belief. laugh.png  After perhaps one of the most furious consumer backlashes I can recall in recent memory (probably the biggest one since the PSN debacle of 2010), Microsoft has officially dropped all of its planned DRM policies for the Xbox One.  For the full statement, follow the link to this article:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/report-microsoft-to-drop-used-game-restrictions-online-requirements.aspx

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it appears that Microsoft is actually NOT blind, deaf, and dumb, contrary to popular belief. laugh.png  After perhaps one of the most furious consumer backlashes I can recall in recent memory (probably the biggest one since the PSN debacle of 2010), Microsoft has officially dropped all of its planned DRM policies for the Xbox One.  For the full statement, follow the link to this article:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/report-microsoft-to-drop-used-game-restrictions-online-requirements.aspx

I honestly figured they would have taken it out before the announcement when the rumors were flying about their always online crap months before the reveal. I guess maybe they thought that since it's not required to be online 24/7 they'd be okay since what they had wasn't as bad as the rumors.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Xbox One just became XBox 360 Version to

As of today MS announced they change the the follow to

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
Authentication is no longer necessary
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped

Family 10 sharing been removed

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Edited by MadDoggyca

Even with the new changes, ones that will seem popular with the gaming community, Sony dominated the E3 conference, and that is what people will remember. Now if Microsoft really wanted to get some attention (Especially mine) They should start putting Mods for games in the XBL marketplace, either made by the publisher or gaming community. It isn't hard to do, and will definitely attract some PC players.

Now with the new changes, it is a lot like the PS4 (through MY eyes), so what will I get?

Whatever Battlefront comes out for.

Even with the new changes, ones that will seem popular with the gaming community, Sony dominated the E3 conference, and that is what people will remember. Now if Microsoft really wanted to get some attention (Especially mine) They should start putting Mods for games in the XBL marketplace, either made by the publisher or gaming community. It isn't hard to do, and will definitely attract some PC players.

Now with the new changes, it is a lot like the PS4 (through MY eyes), so what will I get?

Whatever Battlefront comes out for.

I wouldn't say Sony dominated. Except for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 getting some solid information and announcements I personally thought that Nintendo dominated in the gaming department. One Nintendo Direct showed like twenty games I wanted as opposed to only a few I might check out on PS4 and two that I will be getting a PS4 for. But that's just me. The fact that Nintendo had no hardware to show probably didn't help with this "Sony won E3" business though even if Sony didn't show nearly as many games.

Xbox One just became XBox 360 Version to

As of today MS announced they change the the follow to

No more always online requirement

The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours

All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360

Authentication is no longer necessary

An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console

All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline

No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs

Region locks have been dropped

Family 10 sharing been removed

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

They finally realized that the massive PR rape they took wasn't worth it. Suddenly the Xbox has finally become appealing. Now if only they'd drop the Kinect bullshit, that's the only thing keeping me from being sold on the console

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade but don't forget the flaws or flaws in my eyes. One is that ever twenty-four hours you must go online. Another is that the dumb thing only streams which means Xbox one doesn't have hard copies of games. With that said it also means no renting games from a friend which is a big down side. I feel I might be a Xbox fan but I don't approve of this new Xbox one I'd rather buy a PS4. That however is my opinion not everyone's.

I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade but don't forget the flaws or flaws in my eyes. One is that ever twenty-four hours you must go online. Another is that the dumb thing only streams which means Xbox one doesn't have hard copies of games. With that said it also means no renting games from a friend which is a big down side. I feel I might be a Xbox fan but I don't approve of this new Xbox one I'd rather buy a PS4. That however is my opinion not everyone's.

I see you've yet to see the announcement. As of today Microsoft is backpedaling and taking out the online requirements as well as the region locks and a few other things as well. May be a little too late to save their console and company's reputation in the gaming industry but at least that'll soften the blow when some, like myself, change their minds and buy an Xbox years down the line if it ever gets any games worth getting. I think Quantum Break and Crimson Dragon are the only games I'm personally even remotely interested in.

They finally realized that the massive PR rape they took wasn't worth it. Suddenly the Xbox has finally become appealing. Now if only they'd drop the Kinect bullshit, that's the only thing keeping me from being sold on the console

TBH i'd rather they keep the kinect in there this time around.

But make it optional to connect/disconnect.

Reason being, is the old kinect could've done SO much more than it was allowed to do. And was proven time and time again with people hooking it into PC's.

The only reason it flopped is it had to drop a multitude of tracking points and fast data transfer for a few and slow transfer just to keep old consoles in mind.

It also ruined its chances at really becoming something amazing.

Having it there from the start this time will make SURE people have the thing, and if they want, can use it too. This'll also get the devs to pump out better titles and general content for it as opposed to crap that could've been done with a microphone instead (such as in Halo CE Anniversary, the only thing the Kinect was really good for was calling out "ANALYZE" and scanning things... why couldn't it be done with my mic?!) 

I'm sure the military's refusal to buy the Xbox One has something to do with it. Their online BS and the required Kinect were security issues and also made the console useless overseas.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm sure the military's refusal to buy the Xbox One has something to do with it. Their online BS and the required Kinect were security issues and also made the console useless overseas.

If that were the case i'm sure Sony would've been in deep over having FUBAR'ed a USAF project that was using some 300 or so PS3's for cloud computing when they removed the "Other OS" feature.

Nah, i think MS looked at it more along the lines of they just kicked themselves in the nuts, so they're lieing about what they're taking out and why, just to try and sneak it back in later.

Its bad enough they claim it'll need a "Day 1 patch" just to disable the feature.

If they were smart they'd make it OPTIONAL, and something you can sign up for, not require. It was kind of stupid of them to have it forced on people at this stage, but then again, MS is known for such moves.

Making anything always on required though automatically ousts the military, and despite these companies may wish to ignore it, a fair chunk of their business is those in the armed forces.  But its hard for the companies to know because they don't accept APO/FPO addresses, so most service members use family or friends home addresses to attach to their accounts.

They have little else to do in downtime, especially since the UCMJ has a ban on "gambling style games" that make it illegal for people to play cards, dice, and other just general stupid things....

No joke, its in there, got in trouble for some non-gambling run of quarters and dice once while in Iraq.. while not normally enforced, it only takes one a-hole in the chain of command to make a mess of things sad.png

even tried poker once.. nope.. which was annoying because the rec room had a POKER TABLE!!!..... i mean wth?!

Edited by GrimCW

I see you've yet to see the announcement. As of today Microsoft is backpedaling and taking out the online requirements as well as the region locks and a few other things as well. May be a little too late to save their console and company's reputation in the gaming industry but at least that'll soften the blow when some, like myself, change their minds and buy an Xbox years down the line if it ever gets any games worth getting. I think Quantum Break and Crimson Dragon are the only games I'm personally even remotely interested in.

Thanks for the info I am glad to hear that one of the biggest issues are dealt with however I still don't like the stream is the worst in my opinion.

While I'm not pleased Microsoft decided to make this decision so late, it is pleasing to see they can listen to the consumers after all. All I want to know now is if they have given the option to shut down Kinect, if it can't be sold separately this time? I play my Xbox 360 without Kinect as for me this is the most comfortable way of gaming. Moving around in front of the camera would stir up a ruckus, attracting unwanted attention. With this compulsory Xbox One Kinect, and after hearing of the switches in Microsoft's policy, has the same been done for Kinect 2.0?

tumblr_mob64zOfOV1rbd224o1_400.gif

I don't have much to say about the Xbox One, other than hating most of its policies. It's unlikely that the Xbox One will sell well at all, and it'll probably have to get its act together or die a stubborn death.

I don't have much to say about the Xbox One, other than hating most of its policies. It's unlikely that the Xbox One will sell well at all, and it'll probably have to get its act together or die a stubborn death.

did you get the update? they're removing the always online requirements (the biggest issue people had) among a few others.

Course they're now claiming that that'll make it impossible for some other things to happen (such as "sharing" your games...) but its hardly a loss to know you can play without their periodical updates of your information being sent in.

Oh. . . I'll be quiet now. You are correct in that I was unaware of the update, and although there are a myriad of other reasons the Xbox One annoys me, they are all minor in comparison.

The thing is that now they're going back on almost every new innovative feature they put in. They must have spent quite a while sorting all those new features in but only a few days after the backlash they immediately get rid of it all. Removing the Kinect as well will just be plain bad. It will make them seem desperate and scared of the competition and will also further lower all their new innovative features. 

I've been very iffy about the xbox one. Some of the games and new features are really cool for it, but the fact that its not backwards compadable bums me out. I'm glad the whole, "fee for borrowing games" thing has been resolved, but it's still a little pricey and the fact that I have to be online in some way to use it, does bug me a little. I'll definatly keep my 360, and maybe see about the Xbox one. Possibly.

I do really enjoy the fact that there will be a Halo television series now haha