Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Last of Us

Dr. Nefarious

Yeah, can't await it, too!

I call it right now : Number one candidate for game of the year!

The reviews are too praising on an average to be 'mobbed-up', so I think we will be well entertained. And hey, it's Naughty Dog. What can possibly go wrong?

(edited)

I played the demo that came with God of War: Ascension last night.... IT WAS BLOODY AMAZING! I admit, I wasn't very excited for this game at first. But after playing the demo, I'm pretty excited for it.

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16

Words cannot express how angry I am. Out of all the times my PS3 screwed up. And the sad thing is that I'll be unable to fix it or get a new one until the end of this year. It looks absolutely amazing! Been a huge fan of Naughty Dog and I especially love their story telling. Can't wait!

I just preordered it at GameStop and I can't wait until Friday! I've been hyped about this game since last E3 and all of the perfect scores and new gameplay footage since then have put my hype-o-meter at 110%.

Adam Sessler put out another one of his super eloquent reviews on it~

I'm really looking forward to it. I don't even want to talk about it in anyway besides saying that I'm looking forward to it because I want absolutely no spoilers going in to this game. I put in a pre order not too long ago just so I could get the soundtrack; if it's good, I might have to spring for a physical copy.

I think this game will definitely earn a Game of the Year award, like the other upcoming video games this year. Basically, I am looking forward to The Last of Us and the other games. I'll try to save money for the rest of this year.

(edited)

I am sad I didn't have the money to order it :c

Everypony should check out its score on Metacritic, 10's by most people and 0's here and there by trolls, quite hilarious. 

Edited by Rainbows R Metal

I picked mine up not about an hour ago. Just arrived back home with some snacks and drinks, ready to marathon this baby. wacko.png

... But not quite yet. I have to get a couple other things out of the way first.

On a side note, I watched a few games of the multiplayer last night and it looks interesting but with only two game modes, I'm not sure how long it will keep my interest before feeling really repetitive.

I don't own a PS3 so I probably wont ever play it but I did just finish watching the first hour or so of gameplay and I've got to say that so far it doesn't look all it's cracked up to be. I guess I just expected more because of every critic raving so much about how amazingly breathtaking it is.

It wouldn't be fair to judge a game on the first hour of gameplay though so I'll watch a little more later on. It probably will get a lot better but for now...

dry.png

(edited)

I beat it the day before yesterday and now I'm starting a play through on Survivor. Loved the organic feel to the story and the way it ended. 

I'm glad it didn't end with the cliched "Joel dies to save Ellie". 

Joel made a decision to sacrifice the many for the few and lied about it to Ellie so she wouldn't feel guilty. Really sucks that they Cordyceps vaccine could only be obtained by destroying her brain. Still not sure if Joel made the right choice, but hey at least he has something to live for now. :)

I think the biggest question is will Ellie ever be able to have children being a Cordyceps carrier.

Edited by Circadian

Honestly it is the best game I have ever played.It has the drama and intensity of The Walking Dead:Video Game but then has even better action then games like Dead Island.

I finished the game just yesterday and I loved it.

I really liked the ending:

Joel's choice to save Ellie instead of possibly saving the human race was the most selfish and emotion driven decision he could of made and that makes him remarkably human. It was another demonstration of just how far we'll go to protect our own. It's a pretty bittersweet ending since I'm pretty sure Ellie would have wanted to sacrifice herself to save humanity and Joel has to lie to her face because he knows the truth would devastate her. Joel's no hero; he's just an average guy, no better than anyone else.

I just finished the game this morning. It was an overall amazing experience but the ending left a little more to be desired. Maybe it was because they are setting up for a sequel? (I hope)

I remember seeing a comment by someone from Naughty Dog saying that Joel and Ellie's story is finished but the world itself is ripe with possibility. 

I think I'm nearing the end of the game. I'm at the University Campus after splitting up with Tommy. I'll probably finish it tonight. Overall a pretty awesome experience. I usually suck at stealth in games but this one? Holy crap I stealth'd like never before and actually felt pretty good. (Though I guess your AI partners are invisible on anything lower than Hard and I'm playing on Normal but whatever)

I usually hate zombie stuff, but this is simply the best game I have played in years. The way it is able to so flawlessly immerse you into its universe and make you care so deeply about the characters is flat-out unprecedented.

This game breaks new ground for storytelling. It models the gameplay to serve the story, and uses every moment to build your attachment to the two main protagonists.

It never once fetishizes or glorifies violence like so many of its contemporaries seem to do, it reminds you that violence is a necessary evil, and that survival can sometimes be more important than morality.

The last level had me crying through every moment of it. You grow so attached to Joel and Ellie that even when you see Joel forsaking humanity's very future just to keep her alive, you still feel like you would have done exactly the same thing in his shoes.

Damnit, there's just so many good things I have to say about this game. This is undoubtedly the PS3's swan song, and easily one of the greatest games ever made on any console.

I usually hate zombie stuff, but this is simply the best game I have played in years. The way it is able to so flawlessly immerse you into its universe and make you care so deeply about the characters is flat-out unprecedented.

This game breaks new ground for storytelling. It models the gameplay to serve the story, and uses every moment to build your attachment to the two main protagonists.

It never once fetishizes or glorifies violence like so many of its contemporaries seem to do, it reminds you that violence is a necessary evil, and that survival can sometimes be more important than morality.

The last level had me crying through every moment of it. You grow so attached to Joel and Ellie that even when you see Joel forsaking humanity's very future just to keep her alive, you still feel like you would have done exactly the same thing in his shoes.

Damnit, there's just so many good things I have to say about this game. This is undoubtedly the PS3's swan song, and easily one of the greatest games ever made on any console.

While it is an absolutely amazing game there's still Tales of Xillia coming and that is shaping up to be an amazing game as well. They had a gameplay video a few days ago and it's looking to be an absolute improvement on everything Vesperia was on 360 and that game did a ton right for gameplay. Xillia may be the true swan song. :D

So I've been playing the multiplayer for a while now and it's not too shabby. If you enjoyed the gameplay of the single player mode, you'll like the multiplayer. The only problem with it is that there isn't that many maps or modes so it might start to feel repetitive relatively quick.

I don't play many horror games (not that this game is particularly scary or horror-like) but was I the only one that turned into a nervous wreck when

playing as Ellie you had to  play that cat and mouse game. Seriously, I was failing so hard, always getting spotted and then screaming stuff like "F*** you, F*** you, F*** you... shit". I had to keep taking pause breaks because of the stress, only then did I notice how heavy my breathing was. blush.png

This game makes me wanna buy a PS3.

It's getting better reviews than Bioshock Infinite, a game that I loved a LOT, so I'm probably going to love this one too

Now I just need to find a way to get a PS3 :v

Naughty Dog, I love you so much.

Last Friday, The Last of Us was released, and it was critically acclaimed as a GOTY candidate, which I will not disagree with.

After the years, ever since I got my first PlayStation EVER, I have loved their games.

It all started with the Crash Bandicoot trilogy, which moved onto the Jak Saga, which THEN went to the Uncharted trilogy!

After years of hard work, you could realize that Naughty Dog has pushed themselves past that stupid brick wall that blocks all of the studios. Naughty Dog has made a HUUUUUGE success.

Prepare you guys, The Last of Us will steal the gold this year!

the-last-of-us-promo-pic.jpg

i love this game! it has a great main character wich is very easy to kind of bond with. i am really trying to say good things about this game without spoiling anything, but it's definately one of the more advanced games.

it has great possibility on wich path you choose, and how you choose to take it.

you can be stealthy if you want, but you can go in guns blazing too. just make sure you have enough ammo before you do that XD.

the A.I's in this game are incredibly smart. so when you are in battle against non-infected, you really need to think of a strategy, otherwise you'll end up using all of your healthpacks.

i can just go on like this forever on this game :D i loooove it!

• Brohoof 1