Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What supermarket chains are by where you live?

NothingIsEverything

I live pretty much in the middle of every big British supermarket chain.
That being Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, and Waitrose.. All of which are about a half hour walk.
Tesco is the best though gg no re

• Brohoof 1

Obligatory Wal-Mart, of course.  >_>  But, this little Texas town also has a Walgreens and an H-E-B.

...and, uh, that's it. San Antonio is a mere 30 miles away with a plethora of anything you could ever want, though.

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 1

The most common one around here would be ICA and not too far behind, Willys. Then you've Coop, Lidl, etc...

ICA is the most preferable one though.

• Brohoof 1

Walmart, Target, Kmart, Sam's Club, Winn-Dixie, Publix, Richard's Foodporium, and a lot more. But none of these are within short walking distance of me, but I'm the closest to Sam's Club and Walmart.

• Brohoof 1

Um, there's a Piggly Wiggly nearby...I know that's a chain in Louisiana, but I don't know if it's anywhere else.

There's also a Walmart, Walgreens, and Target about 30 minutes away.

• Brohoof 1

Food Lion is the only one within five minutes of me. About ten minutes out and I can find two Martins, a Target, and a Walmart. There used to be a Kroger, but it closed down some years back.

Um, there's a Piggly Wiggly nearby...I know that's a chain in Louisiana, but I don't know if it's anywhere else.

I know of one here in Virginia, and it's the only one I've ever encountered.

• Brohoof 1

There's also a Walmart, Walgreens, and Target about 30 minutes away.

Piggly Wiggly is all over the Southeast. they're in Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, South and North Carolina, and I even saw one when I went to D.C.

• Brohoof 1

I live in the suburbs, so there are plenty of big chains in my area.  Giant, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Weis just to name a few.  With a little drive, you'll also find Costco and Shurfine.  There are, however, plenty of local chains like Stauffers of Kissel Hill.  I doubt most of you have even heard of it.

• Brohoof 1

I only live in a small village in eastern England. But in a neighboring town, we have a Tesco, Waitrose, and a miniature Asda. My mother used to order online at Tesco, but now she always does her shopping at Waitrose, mainly because of how much better they treat their farmers and livestock, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Within 30 minutes-ish walking distance in any direction of me is Zehrs, Bulk Barn, Walmart and Food Basics. If I take a short ride in a bus or car, there is also Costco, Sobeys and Central Fresh Market.

• Brohoof 1

Kmart's are 10 minutes, 30 minutes, and 40 minutes from where I live
Walmart's are 15 minutes and 1 hour away (I work at the close one)
Target is about 20 minutes away
Wegman's is right by the Target
Sam's Club is right by the Wegman's

• Brohoof 1

Target, Walmart, Food Lion, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, and Lowes are all pretty close to where I live. There are probably a few I'm forgetting.

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I'll rattle off a few in my area first:

Shop Rite.

PathMark (A&P subsidiary).

Acme (Albertson's subsidiary). No relation to the Acme the coyote orders his springs, slingshots, and rocket-sleds from. As a kid I always got a kick out of seeing a familiar name in Looney Tunes. :D

Giant (Stop & Shop subsidiary).

And it goes without saying that Wal-Mart sells supermarket goods also.

From my trips to Florida and Ontario, I know about Winn-Dixie, Publix, and Loblaws too. I still can't believe they gutted the Maple Leaf Garden and put a giant Loblaws in there. :P

Abundant where I live in Center City, Philly are Fresh Grocers and down towards the bay Walmart. There's also a Trader Joe's or 2 nearby too.

I didn't know you were a Philly Brony too.  Super!  :)

The closest one is the Windixie its about 10 minutes away? Something like that.

Is that supposed to be the same Winn-Dixie I see in Florida??

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I'll rattle off a few in my area first:

Shop Rite.

PathMark (A&P subsidiary).

Acme (Albertson's subsidiary). No relation to the Acme the coyote orders his springs, slingshots, and rocket-sleds from. As a kid I always got a kick out of seeing a familiar name in Looney Tunes. :D

Giant (Stop & Shop subsidiary).

And it goes without saying that Wal-Mart sells supermarket goods also.

From my trips to Florida and Ontario, I know about Winn-Dixie, Publix, and Loblaws too. I still can't believe they gutted the Maple Leaf Garden and put a giant Loblaws in there. :P

I didn't know you were a Philly Brony too.  Super!  :)

Is that supposed to be the same Winn-Dixie I see in Florida??

No xD, i don't live in Florida Silly wingnut :P. Sorry haha.

Its just closer by.

I live in a neighborhood where theres not much in the ways of, well anything for atleast 10 minutes or so. A few small places to eat but yeah.

Sorry not in florida though :(.

• Brohoof 2

There is a Walmart, and WAY too many stores where I live. It actually sadden me because most of these will eventually close, there's too much competition. I'd love to live in a small village, much more quiet.

• Brohoof 1

There's a big plaza located just ten minutes away from my house. It's called Citrus Plaza(ain't that a catchy name! :P)

It has a Target, Walmart, a Walgreen's, and a Kmart!

So yeah! :P

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

No xD, i don't live in Florida Silly wingnut :P. Sorry haha.

Of course not.  I'm surprised you would have ANY store named Windixie in your part of the globe.  :P 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to work on my list for my next trip to Shop Rite.  :)

• Brohoof 2

We've got a Coles, a Woolworths, a Foodland and an IGA. Used to have a BI-LO too, but it became a Coles after a brand conversion. This is in South Australia, pretty sure most of those are local or national brands.

• Brohoof 1