Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What supermarket chains are by where you live?

NothingIsEverything

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Where I live, there is Hannaford's, Market Basket, Shaws those type of stores. The first two supermarkets are only found in New England while Shaws I'm pretty sure is nationwide. Oh, and I have the typical Walmart, Target stores in the towns/cities that surround me.

Walmart, Reasors, Target are the biggest chains in my area. There are quite a few of each in town. There's a Walmart within walking distance of my house.

We used to have Kmarts in spades, but they've cut down a lot of their stores. We used to have a lot of Albertson's as well, but they closed down back when I was still in high school or earlier. lol

There's an Arndale Centre near where I am which has Tesco and Marks and Spencer inside, but there's also a Sainsbury's and Lidl's nearby too, as well as Farmfoods. I live right in town, so I guess that's to be expected. x3

The supermarkets near me are Stop and Shop, Roche Brothers, Shaws, and Market Basket. Market Basket had huge problems last summer with the leadership, but now they have bounced back.

Haggen's, bartell's drugs, wallgreens, and QFC. I work at QFC.

• 4 years later...

Absolutely nothing. To give an example, every single county surrounding mine has a Walmart. Mine does not. I am hoping the new interstate that's going through the county will help with that, but who knows how long that could take.

Target and Walmart are around 20 minutes away in opposite directions. Pick 'n Save grocery is 15 minutes and a straight shot from my house. Aldi's is actually right outside the Walmart. Albrecht's is basically an upscale Pick 'n Save near the Target. Kopp's and Metro Market are Pick 'n Save sister stores and are found about the general region. Jim & Judy's is a mom and pop corner store in a neighboring town. Does Walgreen's count? 

So yeah, don't have to go far for stuff. 

King Soopers is the only closest. I could just walk over there. It’s also my old job- so it’s kinda awkward to shop there too. 

Edited by TBD

There're a few where I live but the one's that are within walking distance are; Food basics, Sobey's, giant tiger and some other store I forget the name of.  There're also a few butcher shops around me too.

On 8/16/2013 at 7:57 PM, Zero said:

There are none RIGHT beside me. But there are some nearby, those include K-Mart, Walgreen's (where my sister works) and Kroger (where my mother works). There is a lesser known shop, known as Coin Mart nearby that sells video games, movies, TV's, accessories, jewelry, cards, and CD's for fairly cheap prices.

Hold up, a K-Mart? I didn't think any still existed.

I personally go to Trader Joe's and Safeway but we also have a Walmart and a Target. (I include them because they have a grocery section)

Sidenote: I went to SoCal and saw a whole lot of foreign markets, like Stater Bros. and Ralphs which I suspect may be the same people as Safeway or perhaps a Kroger store. 

Edited by SOlinS