Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What supermarket chains are by where you live?

NothingIsEverything

In my college town and my hometown, we have Walmart, King Soopers, Safeway, Target, and Sprouts. It's nice in my college town because King Soopers is only a few blocks away from the campus, so you can walk and save some gas if you aren't planning on buying a whole lot.

Well, on most military installations there's at least one PX, which stands for Post Exchange, which is sort of like the general goods side of a Wal-mart. Some PX's are really nice, with big food courts that have multiple fast-food places like Taco Bell, Burger King, Arby's, etc. Some of them look like a little mall actually. But if you're on a small installation, your PX can be as small as an air raid bunker. :P

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

Well, on most military installations there's at least one PX, which stands for Post Exchange, which is sort of like the general goods side of a Wal-mart. Some PX's are really nice, with big food courts that have multiple fast-food places like Taco Bell, Burger King, Arby's, etc. Some of them look like a little mall actually. But if you're on a small installation, your PX can be as small as an air raid bunker. :P

I didn't know that, that sounds cool!

• Brohoof 1

We have Shop-Rites and Stop & Shops out here. Closer to the city there are Foodtowns and Key Foods.

Earlier this decade, Walbaum's and Pathmark went out of business.

There's a Walmart within walking distance of my apartment, but I don't usually go there.  There are about two different Meijer stores (imagine a version of Walmart that isn't evil and a version of Target that isn't overpriced, and you'll get the idea what Meijer is) about two miles away from where I'm living, but I prefer to drive there over walking to Walmart, because my experience is that they have better stuff at better prices.

There's a Family Fare that's about as far as Meijer, but I usually don't go there; my family's told me that we get better customer service at Meijer.

There's also a Target a few more miles away, and where I used to live, there was a Family Fare just within walking distance.  The funny thing is, that Family Fare used to be a D&W.  (I don't know that D or W stand for, though!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...