Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Feel Left Out...

Pulcinella

*Sigh* I've never been to any kind of Brony convention, and I just read a topic about sharing hotel rooms at BronyCAN. That sounds like so much fun, but I can't go! :( Anyway, does anypony who's going care to post pictures or something for me? Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

It's very hard for me to go to conventions too. Mostly because I live in Brazil and most of the conventions are in either North America or Europe. Besides, the conventions always happen during school weekends, and if I miss a day of school I lose like a lot of possible content that will be in future exams.

So yeah, FML. If only there was like a Latin America convention hosted in Brazil...

• Brohoof 1

I feel your pain.

I can go, but being only 17 and having no income whatsoever or any friends to go with is hefty.

Maybe someday ill be able to go, but for now. All i can do is sob and see other people having fun.

funny-crying-gif-tumblr-i3.gif

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 4

Eh don't feel left out, i mean lots of bronies can't go to cons, or have a very difficult time doing so, especially those outside America and Canada, where alot of cons are.

I personally can't go because i'm a closet brony(Even to my parents) and because my parents would never pay the money for me to go to something like Bronycon. 

I wouldn't bother going to Bronycan honestly unless i had lots of money, because I live in America :P.

But i know the feeling, still there are lots of people who feel the same as you, so don't feel left out that much.

• Brohoof 5

Awh, don't feel left out.

I live in Malaysia.  As if I can go to any conventions!  No one is going to bring me all the way to America or Canada to spend even more money on ponies!

But I'm sure there is some brony thing you'll get to go to!  I've been a brony for almost a year now and haven't gone to anything.  But on Saturday I'm meeting some Malay bronies at a cosplay event :D

So it just takes some patience.  Don't worry!  You aren't alone!

• Brohoof 2

For awhile I know how you felt. I go to school on the other side of the state and I always wanted to go to an anime con. Problem was when I was in school there were anime cons in my hometown, but when I was in my hometown the anime cons were by my school. Finally something gave way and there was a pony con near my school while I was in school.

• Brohoof 2

*Sigh* I've never been to any kind of Brony convention, and I just read a topic about sharing hotel rooms at BronyCAN. That sounds like so much fun, but I can't go! :( Anyway, does anypony who's going care to post pictures or something for me? Thanks!

You could do what I plan on doing: tell no one where you're going and run away in the middle of the night. Everfree Northwest, here I come! 

(Don't do that. That is a terrible idea.)

(I'm totally gonna do that, though.)

• Brohoof 2

I'm sorry that you feel left out. That's perfectly understandable and I can easily relate to your situation because i've never been to any con in my life. All the conventions are just so far away. BronyCan, GalaCon, and even the legit Bronycon are all way out of my reach at the moment because of money issues. :/

I really would love to go to one. Sigh. There is one opening up in Arizona soon, and since I live in Southern California, that may be the first convention I'd be able to visit.

Overall, I'm sorry. Your poor thing!  :(  *hugs*

lol It would be cool if all us bronies who can't make it to BronyCon due to money issues can put together our money so that we could go. Doubt it would work though.

Would be helpful nonetheless. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm part of the Vanhoover group and we're all going to BronyCan next week. we have our weekly meet up tomorrow. I can poke some of the ppl in our group to get lots of pics and I'll make sure they upload them here for you :3

I can't make any promises but I'll see what I can do.

• Brohoof 2

You could do what I plan on doing: tell no one where you're going and run away in the middle of the night. Everfree Northwest, here I come! 

And you should totally write a letter and leave it on your bed so that people don't get startled when you go missing. It can go a bit like:

"Dear Princess Celestia Mom, Dad, Sibling, Friend, Pal, Enemy, Pope, Whatever

I'm gone to EverFree NorthWest a place far far away, where the laws of physics don't apple apply. Please don't try to know my whereabouts.

Yours faithfully,

Me"

• Brohoof 2

i have yet to go to any convention and i'm 18. i want to at least attend Momocon this year. maybe a brony convention once i get a shirt.

Edited by techno915
  • Brohoof 1

I'm on the same boat. I'd love to go to a convention but I live too far away...and I have little to no money I can spend to convince my parents whatsoever...so, yeah.

• Brohoof 2

I know the feel! I live pretty close to a lot of conventions but I couldn't go to a single one due to summer camp, family vacation blah blah blah. I had to sit around on the NC Bronies forums listening to people talk about how much fun they had at Bronycon. But hey! There's always next year! Or maybe you could join in on a local meetup group, those are fun! Or maybe you could just hang out with us on the forums :D

I feel your pain.

I can go, but being only 17 and having no income whatsoever or any friends to go with is hefty.

Maybe someday ill be able to go, but for now. All i can do is sob and see other people having fun.

img-1756294-1-funny-crying-gif-tumblr-i3

Man, at least you could go. I could easily acquire the funds by selling art, but because of my age I can't go. :(
  • Brohoof 2

I can't go

I same here it seems like there is no conventions in northern europe (not too many bronies either)

No need to feel left out we all in northern europe have that problem( guessed you where icelandic becouse of the flag)

• Brohoof 1

Don't feel bad about it. I know how you feel. I really wanted to go to Bronycon this year but Cross Country got in the way and I heard about how much fun everyone had. I was sad :( . But hey there is always next year! :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah, sure, that would work... Ya know, if I had money.

I'm sorry that you feel left out. That's perfectly understandable and I can easily relate to your situation because i've never been to any con in my life. All the conventions are just so far away. BronyCan, GalaCon, and even the legit Bronycon are all way out of my reach at the moment because of money issues. :/

I really would love to go to one. Sigh. There is one opening up in Arizona soon, and since I live in Southern California, that may be the first convention I'd be able to visit.

Overall, I'm sorry. Your poor thing! :( *hugs*

lol It would be cool if all us bronies who can't make it to BronyCon due to money issues can put together our money so that we could go. Doubt it would work though.

Would be helpful nonetheless. :P

Now, that would be a good idea. Anyway, *hugs back*

Don't worry Pulcinella, i'm going and i'll be taking alot of photos and i'll add in something personal just for you..nobody should be left out of the big dance.

Thank you! :D

Here's my advice: you are not being left out by not going to a convention.

Make friends with bronies near to your location and go to meetups instead, you'll have MUCH more fun that way.

In that case... Any Midwestern bronies out there?

I same here it seems like there is no conventions in northern europe (not too many bronies either)

No need to feel left out we all in northern europe have that problem( guessed you where icelandic becouse of the flag)

Haha, no, it's complicated. I'm actually Minnesotan, dontcha know. Edited by Pulcinella

I should be there. I am Canadian, but noooo. I live in Mexico. Thanks mom. Why can't there be another Con in California? I wanna meet Saberspark, or Thelivingtombstone, or a voice actor. I'd buy so much paraphernalia, you don't even know! 

Listen kid, take it from me, it's not worth it. Now granted I'm intoxicated right now (AND I DON'T WANT YOU DRINKING UNTIL YOU'RE 21) but that doesn't mean I can't give some great advice.

Cons contain some people that most would rather not see. Sure, you'll meet some friends now and then, but no one that's going to stay with you or entertain you.
The raves are the best part and even then I couldn't get any action (like WTF, right?)

Don't waste your money, big man. Save it for something else that will last you a whole lot longer and won't destroy your perception of the fandom. Granted, Bronycon is OK but it's nothing I HAVE to go to. It's probably the best convention I've ever been to, but that's not saying much.

Listen kid, take it from me, it's not worth it. Now granted I'm intoxicated right now (AND I DON'T WANT YOU DRINKING UNTIL YOU'RE 21) but that doesn't mean I can't give some great advice.

Cons contain some people that most would rather not see. Sure, you'll meet some friends now and then, but no one that's going to stay with you or entertain you.

The raves are the best part and even then I couldn't get any action (like WTF, right?)

Don't waste your money, big man. Save it for something else that will last you a whole lot longer and won't destroy your perception of the fandom. Granted, Bronycon is OK but it's nothing I HAVE to go to. It's probably the best convention I've ever been to, but that's not saying much.

Speak for yourself mate; been to BronyCon '12, Canterlot Gardens, Everfree Northwest '13, and BronyCon...again (this year) and I can't say I've seen anybody/thing that's negatively impacted the way I perceive the fandom. Sure, I agree, there's going to be something/someone extreme out there (it's a large crowd of people after all), but nothing to be actively concerned about. Anything crazy seems to occur behind closed doors/under tables, the cons like to keep a good public image.

Regarding making friends, your mileage may vary. Personally, I attend conventions for the atmosphere, parties, and opportunities to socialize with my fellow nerds. I lump an entire con and the people I meet under "one night bro stands"; we live hundreds (or even thousands) of miles apart and will carry on with our lives after the con. But for a regular convention attendee, it's nice to meet people and make connections. Who knows? You might just see them again next year. :mellow:

...and I wouldn't call them raves. Seems like most of the dancers aren't wired/fried (just drunk is about as messed up I see, and even then, lots of sober people) & the music is seldom consistent for a rave. But again, your mileage may vary.

I guess we just perceive conventions differently. I feel that a convention's atmosphere is unique, somewhere you can go full nerd and talk to hundreds (or thousands) of typically sociable people about all things pony. Local meetups can't match the sheer scale of the event. In summary, I do disagree that a convention is likely to destroy your perception of the fandom. For me, it's a nice break from life and well worth the money spent. Some cons are certainly better than others, but I don't think you'd regret going OP! There are always good times and memories to be had.

Don't get too worked up about missing it, these cons aren't going anywhere!

Cheers

(and the legal drinking age in British Columbia, where this convention is taking place, is 19. Assuming you mean to protect her from possible legal entanglements.)

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 2