Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: ¿Next Disney World?

Rethajni

Hi there!, i was watching MLP: FIM as usual and when i see all the fandom has made and the awesome arts and fanfics in only three seasons of 65 episodes, i have few questions:, do you think that the future of all MLP Empire will be like Disney (you know: movies of characters, songs, tributes and even it's own channel made by the companies)?. Disney have been in business since 1923 (like Wikipedia says) ¿wouldn't that be great if this happen?

Disney start making short films for children and like MLP, it also get the eye of adults as well, 

i guess that Celestia or maybe Twilight Sparkle would be like Mickey mouse and friends, with time there will be more  character and movies of them.

wouldn't be great if there is a Equestria resort like WD world resort, for people of all ages?

Just please, look at this awesome site, all MLP related things in the Internet, all the drawings, games, stories, music Bronycons, just for the most perfect show in the whole world, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, ¿isn't that a far better starting than disney in the 20's? and look at Disney now... over 90 years (correct me if i am wrong) of making all the things has done and still present in every houses in the country and the world?

Imagine that tomorrow, they begin to construct a resort area like Disney World but called Equestria with all MLP Characters and all the attracts that Disney had... do you think it would be a success?

And a final question to you all:¿ is MLP worth to be considered a potential competition of Disney now or in a future?

• Brohoof 2

I don't actually see My Little Pony as competition for Disney, since Disney has been around longer but it does have potential. But like every competition with Disney, usually there was a time when another company steals ideas from Disney. Hasbro wouldn't do that at all, they might serve as competition to Disney but not a threat to them.

• Brohoof 1

Although having a my little pony land would be totally awesome, I don't think that it will ever happen.

I don't think its a question of weather MLP will get as big as Disney and more a will Hasbro ever get as big. Now this might happen and having massive flagship shows that are commonplace in every home is a start, but I don't think it will ever match Disney for how famous it is or its size.

Walt Disney was a really clever guy and made a world wide brand, I don't see Hasbro ever getting as big or leaving as big a legacy as Disney has/will.

Haha I've had this thought before. A MLP amusement park would be pretty amazing. The rides would be sweet, the prizes would be awesome (I'd play an amusement park game relentlessly to win a MLP plushie), and it would be a great chance to meet other bronies. Sadly, it's pretty unrealistic. Disney is HUGE, and even the biggest Disney titles only get a small section of the overall park. A stand-alone MLP amusement park would not be able to make much money, since an amusement park needs a lot of visitors. Although there are a lot of bronies out there, we're not nearly as big as Disney when it comes to fans. Disneyland and Disney World are pretty much the places to go to take your kids, so a lot of the visitors of Disneyland/Disney World aren't even that big of Disney fans. It's also a popular place to take your significant other, since Disney (like MLP) is something people of all ages can enjoy. Although MLP shares those same qualities that can rake in visitors and gain popularity, it's not very popular compared to Disney, and it's a stand-alone title, whereas Disney is composed of a bunch of huge titles.

The most realistic thing I can see is My Little Pony having a section in an amusement park, with few rides and some entertainment sections. Even though MLP isn't Disney, maybe they could one day put in a MLP section. Given the rising popularity of MLP, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Disneyland/Disney World or another amusement park did this. Super Smash Bros. started adding non-Nintendo characters, so this kind of thing wouldn't be completely unprecedented. Perhaps one day we'll get a little section, but I highly doubt that we'll get a whole amusement park dedicated to MLP. It would be amazing for MLP to have its own amusement park, but hey, even a MLP section would be pretty damn awesome.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2021-09-24 at 5:42 AM, Paleopony said:

It's highly unlikely. However, if one day, Hasbro opened an amusement park based on their franchises, MLP would probably take up a small section of said park. I bet bronies would be flooding that area! :kirin:

Im betting there's a sign saying : no bronies allowed XD