Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personally, I think that Molestia is simply awful and the DWM supporters should be heard, but other people are shrieking garbage about how "IT'S NOT RAPE" and "SHE'S JUST FLIRTY"

tumblr_inline_mrp28wrfIa1qdgyc5.png

Ugh. 

Clock in your opinions while I draw DWM art. 

• Brohoof 3

My opinion on Molestia, is some people think that it's insulting Celestia but it is just poking fun that's all. Sure, I'm not okay with Molestia but I can't really do anything about it though.

• Brohoof 1

My opinion on Molestia, is some people think that it's insulting Celestia but it is just poking fun that's all. Sure, I'm not okay with Molestia but I can't really do anything about it though.

Oh, but I'm sure you can! The DWM movement is just now taking off, so join while you can. Even the smallest contribution helps. OuO

• Brohoof 1

While I never got into Molestia, to be rather honest, the Down With Molestia blog sure is pissing me off. 

Because we have one group of the fandom barely anybody respects, and another part making fools of themselves putting those who where into Molestia, down.

So, I don't like Molestia, but I also do not appreciate the rabid hatedom that it has acquired.

• Brohoof 8

It's a joke, maybe a joke you don't find funny but it is just that and nothing more. People aren't making the Molestia/Trollestia jokes because they hate Celestia it is just because she has been shown to be near perfect and characters like that are good targets for parod

• Brohoof 14

I think Molestia sort of gives outsiders the wrong idea about the brony fandom. It's funny and all for me but I just can't stand the really perverted parts. It sort of gives off the wrong image.

But yeah like some of you have said, she's just poking a little fun at Celestia's character and I'm not against that, but I really don't like how people criticize the brony fandom for something like that. Personally I like to think of her as Trollestia better.

But what gives off an even worse image is the DVM blog because it just makes outsiders think that some bronies are haters or other words like that. So I don't completely love Molestia but I think people are taking things a little too far with that DVM thing. :)

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

It's a joke, maybe a joke you don't find funny but it is just that and nothing more. People aren't making the Molestia/Trollestia jokes because they hate Celestia it is just because she has been shown to be near perfect and characters like that are good targets for parod

are you sERIOUS RIGHT NOW

YOU'RE PRACTICALLY WRITING OFF A CHARACTER WHO ACTIVELY RAPES AND SEXUALLY HARASSES OTHER PASTEL COLORED PONIES AS "A JOKE"

I think Molestia sort of gives outsiders the wrong idea about the brony fandom. It's funny and all for me but I just can't stand the really perverted parts. It sort of gives off the wrong image.

But what gives off an even worse image is the DVM blog because it just makes outsiders think that some bronies are haters or other words like that. So I don't completely love Molestia but I think people are taking things a little too far with that DVM thing. :)

DWM blog is most likely a joke. In fact, it's mocking the actual supporters. ;)

To make it worse, JJ immediately issued a comic ridiculing the supporters themselves.  

Edited by Hemlock_Conium
  • Brohoof 1

I don't mind, but the Down with Molestia stuff: Come on. If you don't like it, ignore it. Simple as that.

Also, I agree with this sentence, which is on the Ask Princess Molestia Tumblr blog:

If you take this site seriously, you really do belong on the moon.

Edit: I also hate to see hate again, especially on a little thing like a damn BLOG YOU CAN JUST IGNORE. It's seriously disappointing to see the fandom divided again on something.

MFW I see people wanting to shut down a blog they can just ignore:

img-1757878-1-facepalm.jpg

Edited by Roman Bellic
  • Brohoof 16

Well I haven't really seen much of it. I've read a couple of things on the Ask Princess Molestia blog sometimes. Personally, I don't really care much. To be honest I think it's a little bit funny, haha. No I don't hate Celestia. Celestia > Luna.

But hating on it shouldn't be necessary.. Though I don't care if the thing continues or dies.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

While I never got into Molestia, to be rather honest, the Down With Molestia blog sure is pissing me off. 

Because we have one group of the fandom barely anybody respects, and another part making fools of themselves putting those who where into Molestia, down.

So, I don't like Molestia, but I also do not appreciate the rabid hatedom that it has acquired.

>hardly respected

>rabid hatedom

tumblr_mag4vmvjFJ1rwqni7o1_250.jpg

Are you seriously saying that one of the most POPULAR ask a pony tumblrs is """""""hardly respected""""""?

Haha, I use to be like you not to long ago. Caring to much about things that depict us in the wrong light, but guess what? I actually like Molestia now and her perverted behavior, and I also like the regular Princess Celestia for her wise behavior. It's funny to laugh at things you like sometimes, but I don't full-blown support her because she's also a pretty stupid fan creation. 

• Brohoof 2

I just think of Molestia as a joke. It's funny! However, I would never become a fan of Molestia stuff. I would never become a hater of it either. It's a funny joke to me, not a fandom, not something to hate on.

This was my reaction to Molestia.

134163368766.gif

Edited by TrollianShinobi
  • Brohoof 2

>hardly respected

>rabid hatedom

tumblr_mag4vmvjFJ1rwqni7o1_250.jpg

Are you seriously saying that one of the most POPULAR ask a pony tumblrs is """""""hardly respected""""""?

Well look at the respect it's been getting the last few weeks, many people have gotten quite fed up with Molestia, and a lot of others in this fanbase that don't use Tumblr, hate Molestia.

I personally think that Molestia is pretty funny. I find it funny because in the show she's like the amazing and wise goddess and in this she is just extremely perverted. She does things that could never happen in the show and quite frankly I find that really funny. And honestly, it's just a blog. If you don't like it, ignore it. You don't have to start an entire organization to take it down.

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 4

I personally find Molestia to be just sickening. Despite it being used as just a joke, I compare it to the kind of "clopping" jokes some fans like to make; I really don't see that much of a difference honestly. No matter what, it's just disgusting and makes us fans look bad. It's basically the same kind of twisted crap a bunch of these fans always like to come up with all the time. I don't even know.  But what can you do? This is the internet after all. 

And although I know the DWM blog seems to have good intentions(I haven't even seen it yet so I'm just assuming the best), it does make us fans appear bad because of the hate wars they have decided to start...once again.

Rage wars seem to be so common, and they're honestly pointless when one side is just fighting for a hopeless cause. These DWM supporters are not going to get what they want. They can rage and complain like the enraged Derpy supporters when Derpy first got changed by Hasbro...but just like that, they are not going to win.

It sucks I know. I personally would love for the twisted piece of fan junk to just die and burn up in flames...lol

But in the end, you just have to accept it's existence and just ignore it, despite how difficult that may be. 

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I think that Molestia is simply awful and the DWM supporters should be heard, but other people are shrieking garbage about how "IT'S NOT RAPE" and "SHE'S JUST FLIRTY"

img-1757854-1-tumblr_inline_mrp28wrfIa1q

Ugh. 

Clock in your opinions while I draw DWM art. 

You know what you sound a lot like actually? An anti-brony, spot on just like one. In-fact I could rewrite your entire post just like one.

Personally I think Bronies are just awful and anti-bronies should be heard, but other people shrieking garbage about how, "ITS A GOOD SHOW," and, "IT HAS GREAT CHARACTERS!"

Fuck you I don't care about your opinions, I'll draw ponies getting killed.

Edited by MichaelxXxVinyl
  • Brohoof 4

img-1757922-1-Quinn_you_have_got_to_be_k

This whole DWM blog is stupid. I am actually a fan of the blog. Molestia is pretty freaking hilarious :3

One of the most respected and popular pony blogs ever is getting hate is expected. It's rated for mature audiences. If you don't like molestia, then it's not affecting your life.

It's just a joke. To quote the blog itself: 

If you take this site seriously, you really do belong on the moon.

Molestia. Is. Awesome.

To quote some tumblr I just found, but now I really really respect the person who made it;

img-1757922-2-tumblr_mrp781D05k1qmu108o1

Edited by Shifting Gears
  • Brohoof 11

Yeah I just don't really like how much they corrupted the wise and caring ruler we know Celestia to be. I mean the worst part is that she can't even be stopped or punished for what she's doing to everypony. The only thing I know about Molestia is from some videos a friend sent me and they were ok. Molestia's parts are funny when they're not TOO perverted but the only thing I really like about them are the Gamer Luna segments :lol: I wish they could just keep Luna and throw away Molestia but we really can't do anything about it. Just let it be there and ignore it if you don't like it ;)

Boy do I feel sad on this thread... for liking Molestia and finding it to be ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. I mean I know about it's sexual, rather disturbing themes and how it just improves the stereotype that "all bronies are cloppers and pedos" but I honestly I just find it soooooo funny that I don't care about any of that. I mean the title is a hilarious pun and a lot of the jokes just make me burst out laughing! It is personally one of my favorite fan works and most likely will remain so.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow
  • Brohoof 2

I like the Ask Princess Molestia tumblr. It is humorous, and I'll admit, I enjoy some of the more risque parts of it.

It also is responsible for the creation of "Gamer Luna," which I adore.

So, getting rid of Molestia also gets rid of Gamer Luna. Think about that for a sec.

Also, is there really an equivalent to a petition being done to take down a tumblr blog? That's just stupid. If you don't like it, don't follow it. If you're bothered by "Oh, other people outside the fandom see this and think it's gross," that's your problem. If you must defend the integrity of FiM, just explain what Molestia really is - a parody. A satire.

You guys at DWM are blowing things way out of proportion.

• Brohoof 7

I personally find Molestia to be just sickening. Despite it being used as just a joke, I compare it to the kind of "clopping" jokes some fans like to make; I really don't see that much of a difference honestly. No matter what, it's just disgusting and makes us fans look bad.

I have never understood the "*insert thing I don't like* makes us look bad" argument because ironically it actually makes us look a lot worse than that the things that argument is complaining about does by making us look like we have some kind of hive mind mentality. And come on man, this is not the same as the Derpy fans being upset because that had implications that went far above and beyond just the show. I bet your wouldn't like it if people claimed to speak for you yet completely ignored your own opinions, I sure as hell didn't and still don't.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 6

I have no general problem with Molestia. If its someone's idea to make a tumblr blog like that, then that's their own business.

To be honest I love reading it :3

It's a bit of a conundrum for me, just because I understand where both sides are coming from. On the one hand you could say DWM is taking the whole thing too seriously. On the other hand, trying to make a joke out of such a horrible RL thing is a pretty dick move. Honestly the only thing I'm sure of is that even if DWM accomplishes the shut down of Molestia it's not going to change rape culture, even remotely. So I'm inclined to say Molestia should stay. Just because the cause is futile in the first place, they're not going after the right things. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't care either way. There are things out there a lot worse than Molestia, believe me.

Also, this DWM thing really isn't going to work. At all. I don't understand what you think is going to happen? Do you think that if you wave your anti-Molestia protest art in their faces for long enough they're just going to stop doing it? No, they won't. It's completely stupid. Would you give up being a Brony because someone on the internet called you a faggot? No, probably not, and it's the same thing here.

It's not like Molestia stuff is that hard to avoid anyway. I hardly see it at all these days.

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 3

After reading all of the various opinions so far in this topic and thinking it over I've came to a conclusion. We're already in a group of peoples eyes, "Autistic pony-fucking wristcutters," so really what is taking away Molestia going to do? Nothing.

The same people who are anti Molestia like to read grimdark FanFics that I think have little to no place in the PonyVerse or they like to ship there favorite characters.  

• Brohoof 3