Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament II (FULL!)

Literally Snails

(on the contrary, you did exactly what I wanted faster than I thought you would) Run slammed all four hooves on the stadium and gasped. For a while he was worried, then his confidence grew back. He spun around, slowly at first, then at impossible speeds, drilling strait down into the stadium, underground. The ref poked out from hiding. "Does that count as a ring ou-oh my god!!" Earth and clay shot out from the hole and Rune emerged covered in a thick plate of earthen armor. "So that's voidstar." He said. "Pretty neat. I've heard all about it. Can't wait to try it myself!"

"For the love of celestia! Run away!" An audience member yelled. Most of the stadium scrambled to get to the nearest exit.

Rune assumed a widespread stance and let the same dark aura swirl around him. "Voidstar! This may be my favorite technique! I am a god now. You're at your peak power. You've used up all of your tricks and I still have a hundred and counting! What are you gonna do? Throw fire balls at me? Give up now and I'll spare you your dignity."

Crimson tood there for a moment in stunned silence before quickly regaining his composure and smiling, "wow...your strong...at first I thought you would be a weak little punk who couldn't even give me a challenge...but you really are somthing...and your right...I am at the limit of my power...but there's things you've forgotten...1. Even if my strength and energy are at their peak...my mental power isn't, meaning even after all the energy I've lost, I've still been able to devise a plan to defeat you... 2. if you know about voidstar...then you snould also be aware that it makes you completely and utterly weak to energy attacks! 3. Ragestar is an energy teqnique!! RAGESTAR!!" Yelled crimson before his body ignoted ina golden flame-like aura. Crimson then used his flames to fire the biggest golden flamed energy blast he could at Rune, leaving him no room to dodge. "Goodbye...false god..." whispered crimson.

Rut-Light was watching the fight between Crimson and the pony known as Rune in the stands, and he couldn't help but not like Crimsons opponent in any way.  Being powerful is one thing but when you say that you're god, you're saying that your immortal; but no-pony is immortal even Celestia and Luna they can just get extremely old.  "I don't like this ponies attitude, his arrogance will eventually be his downfall."  After he said that he started to walk away from the arena and back to the fighters lounge.

(For the record, Secret Agent Snails read your OC before the match and knew all of those things. Rune is just a dumbass. If I wanted to win, I would have used storm of Torment when you went into Voidstar. :3 )

"Hahaha! What could you possibly hope to... Wait. What was the second thing again?" Rune was enveloped in flames, then an earth shattering explosion.

Almost cartoonishly, this didn't kill him. When the flames dissipated, he was still standing upright with a dumbfounded expression. He had used his immense energy reserves to keep himself alive... Barely. "I swear to ass, I'm gonna kick your God!" He said weakly. He stumbled around and plopped down, unconscious.

The ref came out of hiding again and walked over to Rune. He poked Rune in the flank with his microphone and got no response. "Well, it seems that Rune is pretty much incapacitated making Crimson Grinn the winner!"

Icy smiled, She was worried and it seemed rune was going to win. She was happy to see Crimson still alive after such a unfair battle, but knowing that leaving such a powerful pony alive would be just down right too dangerous. She would kill him just to spare future ponies the pain of fighting him. -Still it is Crimson that finally decides if he lives or dies- she thought to herself

(For the record, Secret Agent Snails read your OC before the match and knew all of those things. Rune is just a dumbass. If I wanted to win, I would have used storm of Torment when you went into Voidstar. :3 )

"Hahaha! What could you possibly hope to... Wait. What was the second thing again?" Rune was enveloped in flames, then an earth shattering explosion.

Almost cartoonishly, this didn't kill him. When the flames dissipated, he was still standing upright with a dumbfounded expression. He had used his immense energy reserves to keep himself alive... Barely. "I swear to ass, I'm gonna kick your God!" He said weakly. He stumbled around and plopped down, unconscious.

The ref came out of hiding again and walked over to Rune. He poked Rune in the flank with his microphone and got no response. "Well, it seems that Rune is pretty much incapacitated making Crimson Grinn the winner!"

Crimson turned back to normal, panting heavily and smiled weakly, "thank you, thank you! No autographs ple-" said crimson weakly before falling to the floor unconciess from how much energy he used up. Even though crimson was unconciess, he still had a happy grin on his face. Not only had he won, but he did so without killing his opponent. His master and violet would be proud.

((Just for the record, crimson still won, he just fell unconciess because that's the rule of voidstar, after usage of that teqnique, the user will fall unconciess from lack of energy. I just wanted to point that out...plus Rune got knocked out first))

Edited by ragestar

@

Swordpoint silently entered the arena. He glared at Rail and Topaz, disgusted that he was being blackmailed into this. As he glanced at his opponent, he sized him up. I know that there must be some reason for me to have been brought into this once more. Perhaps financial motivation? Nonetheless, I should be cautious. Of course, if this pony attempts to kill me, I shall show no mercy. But perhaps he will not be such a mindless killer.

"I am your opponent, Swordpoint," he said quietly. The crowd cheered wildly, and he could hear them shouting things like "The champion has returned!"

Swordpoint was disgusted. He stared at Thunder Dash. "I will only ask once. Do you mean to win by any force necessary? Or are you more honorable than that?" 

Tempest smirked as he simply shrugged. "Why in the name of Celedtia would I tell you?" He asked. The cyan pegesus then laughed madly as what looked like a outer skeleton surrounded him. "To be honest, I've just been toying with you the whole time. There's something even more deadly in my head, but you really don't want to see that, do you?"

Tempest smirked as he charged at Sole and roundhouse kicked him in the chest, sending him into the air. "I don't want to show off to much during this match, unless it is needed." He thought. The cyan pegesus then flew into the air just above Sole and dropkicked him into the ground.

Pella looked at the video monitor, frowning. Several things about that fight make me thankful; Crimson won, it wasn't my fight, and Rune should be gone for a little while at least. "Let us hope Cosmo and Swordpoint have the same fortune. It would be a shame if Radio's friends died."

Stone watched the monitor. Paying attention to the fight, annalizing ever step, move, and spell. Some of the attacks where blunt, or just force. A knife, blade, could kill easily, but others preferred blunt attacks. Which she was fine with but blades where better in her opinion.

@@TheBreech, "There's something to be said for having fans. They root for you, give you a mental boost, throw things at your opponents. Crowd doesn't seem to like you, Cosmo. I wonder why?" Standoff raised the hoof with the grapple-gun. "Ever wonder what getting your leg yanked off feels like? You're about to find out." He fired.

(The grapple-gun has a long reach, a tough cable, and a very, very strong pullback.)

A swift burst of Telekinesis had Cosmo slide away from the grapple leaving a few feet of clearance. As it embedded it self in the wall, Cosmo floated Altair next to the cord, ready to cut Standoff in two if he tried to pull himself over. "Fans can be good, but you ask why I don't have them here? Because I prefer having friends, and pointlessly killing opponents isn't something very helpful to that goal... Also, you mentioned ripping my leg off? Please," Altair tilted for a better swing, "come on over here and show me..."

Sole grunted as he was kicked into the, but as he was about to hit the ground he flipped around and bounced off of it, flying straight at tempest. "My turn aura boy!" He said, before grabbing and swinging him into the ground with incredible force "by the way, you still hit like a filly!" He joked, before sending a blast of chaos magic at him.

Tempest landed on the ground and barely dodged the chaos magic. "I'm just getting warmed up, though that won't be the case for long." He said. The cyan pegesus wanted to try not to use his full power, but he would if he needed to. "At least I came to terms with him." He thought. Tempest then flew towards Sole and grabbed him by the tail. He then spun him in a circle, gaining momentum with each rotation. After a few seconds, Tempest flew downward and slammed Sole into the ground when he was only a few feet away.

The voice inside Tempest's head laughed. "Sole really is asking for it." It said. "This should be interesting."

Sole cursed as he came closer and closer to the ground, but as he was about to slam into it he created a barrier to cushion the impact. "Hey... that might have hurt!" He said sarcastically, before pushing off the ground and using the momentum to kick tempest in the face with both of his hind legs. *maybe we should start fighting serious soon, or this'll last forever.* he thought.

Tempest recovered and glared at Sole. "Ok, playtime's over." He said. The cyan pegesus was then surrounded by his aura. "This ends now." Tempest then fired a aura spike at Sole, while putting a second aura sphere in the ground. The second aura spear spread under the ground.

Edited by Missingno

Sole was about to intercept the spear, but quickly noticed the spear coming out of the ground. "Looks like I might need to get serious now huh..." he said, as the spears suddenly split in half and disappeared. Without anyone noticing he had drawn his sword, he quickly sheathed it again "now... we can fight seriously." He said, before quickly slashing at tempest with a magic infused slash as he drew the blade.

Tempest smirked and dodged the attack. His aura then solidified around the left half of his body. His hoofes had grown claws, and his left eye and started to glow red. "You might be the spawn of some chaos ring, but I'm the aura king." He said. The cyan pegesus then fired multiple aura spheres at Sole.

(Imagine Garaa, but with a lot less power.)

Sole smiled and cut the spheres in to pieces with his sword "I don't give a damn if your a king... hell, I don't even care if your a god. But I'm not giving up aura boy!" He said, before focusing chaos magic arou d the blade. He swung the blade quickly, sending out a large wave of energy.

((Its like getsuga tenshou.))

Tempest rolled his eyes and ducked. The blade passed right over him and he smirked. "Really now, Sole. Did you honestly expect that to work?" He asked. The cyan pegesus's aura then floated around him and formed a massive ball in front of his mouth. "Arua beast ball!" He thought, as he fired the massive projectile.

((That's not how his attack works, the blade doesn't touch you. Haven't you ever seen a getsuga tenshou? I'd like to see you try and duck one lol.))

Sole cursed and focused his energy "gotta focus for this next part..." he mumbled, before slashing at the aura ball with annother magical slash "chaos slash!" He said, as the colliding attacks created a large explosion, causing them to be shrouded in smoke and dust.

@@TheBreech, Ping! The grapple detached from the wall and flew back into the gun, hitting the sword on the way out. "You're a very grumpy little guy, you know that? You and that Swordpoint muckamuck. Both of you have no concept of showmanship, and both of you don't seem to know that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows." Standoff pointed the grapple at a column outside of the ring and grappled onto it. "Yes, I know about the ten-second forfiet. Don't tell me." Disengaging the grapple and jumping off at the same time, Standoff flew back into the ring.

@@TheBreech, Ping! The grapple detached from the wall and flew back into the gun, hitting the sword on the way out. "You're a very grumpy little guy, you know that? You and that Swordpoint muckamuck. Both of you have no concept of showmanship, and both of you don't seem to know that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows." Standoff pointed the grapple at a column outside of the ring and grappled onto it. "Yes, I know about the ten-second forfiet. Don't tell me." Disengaging the grapple and jumping off at the same time, Standoff flew back into the ring.

Altair spun as it was hit, the guard acting as the fulcrum before taking a position in front of Cosmo. A burst of Telekinesis hit Standoff, keeping him in the air even longer. Without taking his eyes off the grappling hook, Cosmo asked the ref, "Is his 10 sec timer going right now? I remember some pony said the timer only starts when he touches something solid outside the ring but they weren't clear for something like this..."

@

Edited by TheBreech

(edited)

Altair spun as it was hit, the guard acting as the fulcrum before taking a position in front of Cosmo. A burst of Telekinesis hit Standoff, keeping him in the air even longer. Without taking his eyes off the grappling hook, Cosmo asked the ref, "Is his 10 sec timer going right now? I remember some pony said the timer only starts when he touches something solid outside the ring but they weren't clear for something like this..."@

"Um..." The ref was shuffling through the pages of the rule book.

"More incompetence on the field." Topaz scoffed. "If anyone upstairs is keeping record, I do have the entire rule book memorized!"

The ref made a decision. "Um, Standoff is now back in the ring, so no penalty is given! Continue the fight!"

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

"Um..." The ref was shuffling through the pages of the rule book.

"More incompetence on the field." Topaz scoffed. "If anyone upstairs is keeping record, I do have the entire rule book memorized!"

The ref made a decision. "Um, Standoff is now back in the ring, so no penalty is given! Continue the fight!"

@

Cosmo shrugged and continued pulsing Standoff in the air, juggling him to hinder any efforts to target something with his grappling hook. "I think you're right Standoff, I have been rather grumpy haven't I?" Cosmo chuckled as he juggled his opponent, "How do you relax when you're stressed out?"

@@TheBreech, "Usually I listen to music. Play cards, read a book. Just take my mind off whatever's at hoof. Why are you interested? Never thought you'd be one for small talk, especially not with someone you obviously hate so much, and definitely not when you're, to phrase a coin, arguing from a position of power."

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad