Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you been mistaken for the opposite gender on the forums/IRL?

hellocat

202 users have voted

1. 1. Have you been confused for the opposite gender here?

• Yup. Just once.
    • A couple of times
    • All the time XD
    • Nope, never
    • This is a weird question...
  2. 2. How about in IRL??

• Yup. Just once.
    • A couple of times
    • All the time XD
    • Nope, never
    • This is STILL a weird question...

Someone on a stream that I called into said I sounded like a transgender person with a voice changer once.

Some people would get really upset about this, but I've taken an approach to only care about things that really deserve the attention, so I don't really care at this point.

Unless if I tell people I'm a woman in here they assume I'm a man. It's understandable because I know the brony community is mostly make dominated. Recently I cut my hair to a pixie cut and it's barely shoulder length now. I have been called sir just because I cut my hair short. I don't have a big chest and wearing bulky clothing in this winter doesn't show off my feminine curves. It's mostly older men that misgender me. 

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Weirdest one would have to be at my first job when I was 17, working at a Kmart. There was this older guy who hung out between the two sets of automatic doors frequently, once tried to hit on me, all "how you doin' Big Girl?" (For refrence I'm a 6'8 male)  I had long blue hair and no beard at the time, so I suppose I could see why he'd think I was a woman, but still very awkward. When I said "fine" in my deep voice he looked very embarrassed, overall it was mostly just funny.

IRL? Nope. I'm a de facto male and I enjoy dressing and looking like one.

Over the net tho? Hoooo boy. xD

I often get mistaken for being a girl due to how I type.

• Brohoof 1

Only on the phone. I don't even sound like a woman, but it happened often. I guess many of them have very bad speakers. It's hard to make an appointment for myself, when they think I'm the mother of myself... :D

I think my voice sounds fairly masculine even in a recording, but I was called "ma'am" multiple times while taking drive thru orders at my old fast food job. :mlp_wat:  I wasn't offended, though.

• 1 month later...

I was mistaken for a girl once when I was a kid, I had a grey hoodie with big black flower print. I was late and a quite dark, me and my friend were playing on a playground with some dude, after 5 minutes of playing he asked me if I'm a girl or a boy

On internet never I think. I've never hidden my gender really

What's the opposite of none? Everything else.

I wish I could just be seen as a person and nothing else. Gender is irrelevant in my life and it's frustrating to me that it's so important for others to know what team i am in. So my best scenario is to look so neutral that in a single day I get 50/50 chance to be called either or, which has actually happened. That makes me happy. Though now that I'm growing my hair it's going to be more difficult. That's in RL. In the forums I have no clue what ppl look me as.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1