Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you been mistaken for the opposite gender on the forums/IRL?

hellocat

202 users have voted

1. 1. Have you been confused for the opposite gender here?

• Yup. Just once.
    • A couple of times
    • All the time XD
    • Nope, never
    • This is a weird question...
  2. 2. How about in IRL??

• Yup. Just once.
    • A couple of times
    • All the time XD
    • Nope, never
    • This is STILL a weird question...

Yes, way too often. Everyone always thinks I'm a female in the internet and in games, even tho I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my obsession with looks and talking in full sentences. Who knows.

IRL, nope. How should I put it... I do look considerably... manly? If you look at me and you think "That's a girl for sure..." then you, my friend, are into some weird shit. :D

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 1

Here on the forums, probably never. I'm not sure. But I have been mistaken for a girl a few times when people see me from behind, because of my really long hair. But when they hear me talk, they definitely know I'm not a girl.

Yes, way too often. Everyone always thinks I'm a female in the internet and in games, even tho I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my obsession with looks and talking in full sentences. Who knows.

IRL, nope. How should I put it... I do look considerably... manly? If you look at me and you think "That's a girl for sure..." then you, my friend, are into some weird shit. :D

That really made my day xD

As for me, I never really got mistaken for a girl in Real Life, however it sometimes happens Online, probably not here since everyone should be able to check a profile shouldn't they? xD But well I guess I have a male and female side so I don't really mind xD

On the forums I can get get mistaken for a male quite often. But someone told me that was because they expect most most users on the Internet to be male? Dunno where they got that idea from...

But also, for being a fan of MLP, the way it is now, people have often thought me to be male from the word Brony because there's just so many! I usually correct them, though. :3

Never been mistaken for a male IRL... Well, I sure hope not. :/

Not really on forums, everyone assumes that I'm just an effiminate gay male, I wonder why :V Though there were like two instances where a person assumed I was trans lol.

Though in RL I've been mistaken for a girl a couple times :P Especially on the phone. "Ooh this must be miss _____!" lol.

I use to have really long hair about a year ago. My nieces and nephews from any of my siblings always use to ask if I was a girl because I had long hair.

I've never been mistaken for a male in real life, I look pretty feminine. However, I've been assumed to be a male a couple of times on the forums (although there's so many male bronies that I don't blame you guys. :P)

• Brohoof 1

Only once in real life. I wore a ponytail, pink shorts, and a black Pokemon shirt. Some little girl comes up to me and is like

"Are you a boy?"

Me: Yep. Pink shorts. Long hair. I'm totally a guy ^_^llll

But other than that not really. But online sometimes people confuse me for a dude, just 'cause of the way I act/talk.

• Brohoof 1

Have you been confused for the opposite gender here?

I'll have to guess no.  I actually have no idea if some one mistaked me for the oposite of what I am.

(Have any of you?)

How about in IRL??

Yes, untill I turned around.

Edited by ShadowRose2k

I've been mistaken for a male many times on the forum.

(Here's looking at you, DashForever and Sir. Flutter Hooves). :okiedokielokie:

Luckily, most people on the forum do get my sex correct. After all, you need not look further than one's personal profile to find out that kind of information. This forum is dominated by males and I understand it is very easy to makes assumptions for that reason. Alas, I am one of those rare female fish in this otherwise manly sea... or something. :lol:

I've never had my sex mistaken IRL. I can't imagine how awkward that would feel.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

After all, you need not look further than one's personal profile to find out that kind of information.

Too True. tho I think some people keep it hidden for some reason.

This thread needed one more question, 

"Have you ever mistaken some one on the forms for the wrong sex?"

Me  I hope not,  I do my best not to asume that info. and if I am currious I will check the profile.  Does not change how I would respond to people anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, on both the forums and in real life. I act more like a boy in real life, so that's understandable, but I guess on the forums it's just assumed since there are so many males and hardly any females on here.

Of course, in real life, I get angry about it...but on the forums, I can't help but giggle...it's fun.

I have been acting rather feminine lately in real life, so yeah...I mostly act tomboyish more than anything, though.

Edited by WheatleyCore

lol a few times in RL actually... (how have i not seen this yet?)

But Not sure i've been about the forums enough to have it happen here.

One time in RL i was in K-Mart and taking back some pants that were the wrong size, got asked "so what can i do for you ma'am?"

Another time in Office max while with my Ex a guy came up behind us and asked "Can I help you ladies with anything?"

And one more at Wendy's drive through I was asked over the speaker "Will that be all today ma'am?"   :P

Of the three times here, the guy at K-Mart was the only one looking me in the eyes when he asked that. I just looked at him trying not to laugh, when another guy behind the counter came up and whispered to him "Dude, I think thats a guy!"

I couldn't hold it back anymore at that :)

In Office max its almost understandable, as I was wearing my old pea coat and she was wearing one of those spin off fashion versions that was popular for awhile. I also had my hair rather long and straight at the time :)

Still hilarious though.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, on the web I'm always honest and proud about my male gender, ain't nobody gonna mistake me for a woman. :P

In real life, definitely not, I'm way too bulky, smelly and hairy to ever be mistaken for a girl I think. :lol:

THIS just happened to me earlier xD 

LOL i posted on a status update on here and someone thought I was a guy O_O I think this is like the 3rd time it has happen. 

In R/L no because I have such a high pitch girly voice (with a bit of a speech problem that no one mistakes me for a guy. 

On here? I highly doubt it. *Shrugs* 

Off the computer, I have once before. I was wearing a hoodie, and most of my face was covered by my bangs, and I was trying to fix them. Someone came up to me, calling me a little boy, but were shocked when they heard my voice. I didn't get mad, though. .u. 

Normally I'm just mistaken age-wise. I've always looked younger than everyone of my age here, and I just look younger then my age. I also sound younger, and can pitch my voice very high, too. 

In R/L no because I have such a high pitch girly voice (with a bit of a speech problem that no one mistakes me for a guy. 

Doesn't seem to stop people with the voice.. or face for that matter.

I've a fairly rounded head and wide  jaw (even got noted as being half german once due to the jaw :P  twas a good guess!)

Even a right male voice. And yet somehow over speakers I'm oft confused for a female (once I was confused for my mother). and in person, my bright blue eyes get me mistaken for a female often enough without speaking.

I think most of the confusion in person is also due to my short stature (5ft 4in). Tis natural for my family though, and in my area most houses are barely 7-8 ft to the ceiling for that matter :P  Most houses here are over 100 years old (Mine was dated 1893, and my parents is undated, but built at least 50+ before my house was)

Easy enough to reach from my small size...

My little nephews doctor even complained he was "short" at one point. His mother gave the doc a good stare and asked "Have you ever actually met his father?" 

lol :P

I tell ya, I'm the natural height... well.. some years ago it was the proper height anyways :P

no, not here. :D it happens A LOT everywhere else though, mostly when in random online chats or while playing video games where people think i'm a guy. my usernames always crazitaco, and one person who mistook me for a guy commented that they thought it sounded like the username a guy would pick. when i'm in an online chat with strangers, i tend to make foul, tomboyish jokes (ex: that's what he/she said.), so i can totally understood. i don't act very ladylike on the internet. i'm into weird, gross out internet humor. the darker, the better.

as for real life, noo.. i don't think its happened yet, but who knows what's going on in everyone elses' minds.

Edited by crazitaco

I am relatively new on the forums, Give it time!

As for real life, It would be very hard to mistake me, Huge broad shoulders, Very deep voice, fast growing beard.

Other games however, Quite frequently, Pick a female Orc and everyone thinks your female IRL, What guy would find a female orc attractive? Obviously they've never seen She Hulk.