• Dr Who Universe
    • Stargate Universe
    • Sins of a Solar Empireverse
    • Mass Effect Universe
    • Homeworldverse
    • Battlestar Galactica Universe
    • Duniverse
    • Other

So which Space Opera Universe is your favorite? This doesn't necessarily mean your favorite game based in the universe, but simply your favorite universe based solely on the story and the lore of the Universe itself.

For example, there have been many horrible Star Wars games (and prequel movies) over the years, but that doesn't mean I don't like the Star Wars Universe.

I'll start. My favorite Space Opera universe is the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Why? Firstly, it's jam packed with lore. You have the Imperium of Man, the Orks, the Tau and Chaos factions just to name a few. Also, each of these factions for the most part are completely different and interesting in their own way. The Imperium itself is hugely diverse, from the Hulking Space Marines to the average-guy Imperial Guardsman. And nothing about anything is set in stone, as most of the source material is written as personal reports or propaganda.

Secondly, there are no good guys in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and if they were, they died thousands of years ago. The main human faction is incredibly brutal, and thousands of people are executed every day for heresy. But despite this, the people that live there are heroic, and wouldn't hesitate to lay their lives down for what they believe in.

Thirdly, it's straight up badass.

meruS1V.jpg

400px-Macharius_Charge.png

You know the creators have done well when you're more patriotic towards a nightmarish fictional space empire that hasn't invented any new technology for the past 10,000 years than you are towards your real home country.

So what's your favorite Space Opera Universe and why? (Sorry, I might have missed some out.)

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars is the best one, is has the most complex lore and history, also it's pretty cool at all. Followed by Honor Harrington, my favorite novel series after Tolkien's books, Battletech (cool like Star Wars, with giant war robots), Spacecenter Babylon 5 (my favorite series together with Friendship is Magic), Dune, Firefly and Battlestar Galactica (original and re-imagined).

Oh and I forgot to mention Real Life, what do you think which giant spacebattles and interstellar wars are going on right now somewhere beyond this star system?

Edited by Space Warrior
  • Brohoof 1