Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I had Fluttershy as my avatar on here for a while now and I tend to make it as my "permanent avatar" but I got bored of it. xD 

Right now I have orange Florges. Florges is my favorite fairy-type Pokemon in the 6th generation. <3 

(edited)

This is my avatar for "Non-Pony ID Day". It's a Metroid board so I needed something related to the series. Not only that, I had a dark and dehumanizing way of thinking back them so I needed something more... dead. This fit the bill quite nicely. It's the avatar I started with over there and haven't changed it since in the almost three years I've been there. That's not counting that experiment I did where I donned a pony avatar over there for about a week. It was a resized and cropped pic of this one. It didn't turn out as obstructive or obnoxious as I thought it would but in the end, donning a pony avatar over there wasn't what I really wanted to begin with so I changed it back.

P.S. the forums site has a dark background. It looks kinda... odd... here on a white background.

Truthfully, the reason I chose this pic of Luna is because every other one I tried was too large to be accepted DX

You know, you could just resize and/or crop pictures. There's actually a site especially made for that among other things. Here you go.

http://picresize.com/

Edited by Remnants
  • Brohoof 1

When I first joined this forum, I decided to draw a ponified self-portrait and upload it as my profile pic. I did that because not only I wanted to showcase my art, but also my ponified self as well. I have always been curious of what I would be like if I was a pony. Anyway, here's the ponified self-portrait up close. 

post-27780-0-10860600-1403852607_thumb.jpg

<-- This is my expression right now. Yes right now.

I don't care when you're reading this. I don't care if it's 80 years from when this post has been made. I'll probably be dead, and something somewhere will probably still be really awesome.

• Brohoof 3

I keep changing avatars, because sticking with one is boring. This one because Doctor Who. :P

• Brohoof 1

M1chahL.gif

Why? Well, I do believe the better question is; why wouldn't I choose this? I mean come on! It's Kuroneko! Being adorable! :wub: Not to mention, it's been a while since I've used a .gif as my avatar.

I did have to edit it a bit for file size and to make the transition a bit smoother though, just for the record. ;)