Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

post-4006-0-85623900-1377508905.png

• This is my OC, Repulse Magnet, whose bio can be found here.
  • The image of him and his rock platform (bg is custom added) is the first official artwork I got of him, and this avatar is actually fairly old. I made it a month or two back when I first received the artwork, but I never got around to using it.
  • He's known for floating on rock platforms and even taking naps on them, so I thought it worked well for an image, and by extension, an avatar. Cute gravity pone :3

post-4006-0-85623900-1377508905.png

I've always had a weird thing for Surprise. It comes partially from the fact that she's so similar to my second favorite pony, and also from a fanfic I read where she was Rainbow Dash's mom. Anyway, I've never had an avatar of her before, I happened to find this really snazzy picture of her on deviantART while looking for something else and @Wingnut commented a long time ago about how weird it was that everyone had Surprise avatars, and I decided to fuel his paranoia ;)

• Brohoof 1

I change my avatar fairly often. I just love grimdark things. Plus, certain bright colors (very light cyan, light yellow, pink, fluorescent green) mess with my eyes real bad if it's in my view for longer than 10 seconds.

These're all the avatars I've ever had

P4ZviKu.jpg

yeDRFy8.jpg

kQvnQNM.jpg

z2iVrBG.png

n4CTXdH.png

• Brohoof 1

I change my avatar fairly often. I just love grimdark things. Plus, certain bright colors (very light cyan, light yellow, pink, fluorescent green) mess with my eyes real bad if it's in my view for longer than 10 seconds.

These're all the avatars I've ever had

P4ZviKu.jpg

yeDRFy8.jpg

kQvnQNM.jpg

z2iVrBG.png

n4CTXdH.png

Your avatar is very exotic. Each with it's own spooky or realistic taste. I mean, almost all of them are untooned and some of them are very scary. But glob, these make me cold

Your avatar is very exotic. Each with it's own spooky or realistic taste. I mean, almost all of them are untooned and some of them are very scary. But glob, these make me cold

Why thank you. I try my very best to have a unique avatar both to me and others. I try to find images that speak to me on a deeper emotional level, whether the artist himself explains what kind of a message he tries to convey or if I have to find my own interpretation.

I try to change my avatar every three or four weeks depending on my mood. It's to keep me active on the forums as I take care of my profile and avoid letting it collect dust. That and it's a way to keep me at least fairly up-to-date on the artwork that the community produces.

So, to me, my avatar is more than just a picture I happen to like.

• Brohoof 2

Because Rarity and Thunderlane are made for each other!

rarity_falling_for_thunderlane_by_prince

Honestly, I was never into Rarity/Spike and I didn't see any romantic interest in her relationship with Fancy Pants.  I naturally gravitate towards shipping her with Thunderlane.  And, since everypony is thinking it, I'll post this:

it__is__on__by_radspyro-d5o20x5.png

• Brohoof 1

Well in my case, it was rather simple. I chose a username, and nabbed an avatar to go with it.

Of course, the biggest driver for both the name and avatar is the fact that Rainbow Dash is awesome. So I guess that's my reason.

Simple, I know, but sometimes the best things are the simpler things.

• Brohoof 1

I love cats and Luna, and this style is so amazing and gorgeous and cute-OMFG~!  :wub: So I cropped it and shrunk it, and BAM! Pretty kitty Woona!

2597__safe_princess%2Bluna_princess%2Bce

• Brohoof 1

My current avatar, that being an animated Button Mash one, I chose it because I recently found the Button's Adventures video and he is ADORABLE.  :muffins: Really, there is not much to say beyond that. I hope to keep this one for a while. My only problem is that it looks a bit grainy, because the program I use to convert video to GIF loves to make the file size really large, so I had to lower the quality to make it fit for the forums. 

If I find a different program to do that with I may update it. I just love Button.  :wub:

There's an old saying:  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  :)  Lately, except when I have my one of my usual Fluttershy avatars, I've been honoring some of my buddies here by stealing borrowing theirs.  Thus far I have honored DashForever, Batbrony, Flipturn, Ashley, and Scootalove. 

• Brohoof 1

post-4006-0-91612400-1377576093.png

• Being a mostly gay broseph, I lurv R63 Mane Six <3 They're uber cute and well-made for the most part. I've got a print of this image from Braeburned at BronyCon hanging in a frame on my wall, if that tells you anything. This version of Blitz is styled differently than the commonly accepted version in Brae's picture, but it's all the same concept.
  • Blitz is naturally one of the best MaleSix, since his female counterpart is Best Pony.
  • Love his expression and mane style in this.
  • Needed to find an excuse to go back to R63, since DF did it today for the first time as well <3

After the "Mare-Do-Well" episode aired, I noticed that the costumes looked a lot like what Carmen Sandiego wore (if you don't know who that is, you do not understand how fun geography actually is). And back then, I was still a "tracer" in terms of vector art, so I drew Twilight in the Mare-Do-Well outfit, and then colored it red to match Carmen Sandiego's costume colors.

As a last minute joke, I decided to draw Rainbow standing next to her, dressed up as Waldo. She ended up getting such a positive reaction dressed like that though that I eventually decided to just start using that image as an avatar. 

I chose this one because there is this villain thing coming up on Saturday and I decided to put mine up early because I can and Tengu Shredder is best Shredder best TMNT villain and one of my favorite villains in general of all time.

http://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/202-be-a-villain-avatar-day/

He is everything that King Sombra could have been and more, he is literally a demon from the darkest bowls of hell that Utrom/Chrell Shredder had assumed the identity of in order to strike fear into his enemies.

http://youtu.be/uWMHw0TtCU4

NinjaTribunal__Demon_Shredder_by_E_Mann.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

dear
*fear*

lel 

I choose my profile pic because well it's Nathan bucking Drake, what more do I have to say. He's the ultimate underdog. 

• Brohoof 2

*fear*

lel 

I choose my profile pic because well it's Nathan bucking Drake, what more do I have to say. He's the ultimate underdog. 

DDRAAAAAAAAAKEEEE :DDDDDDDD

Sorry. *ehem.. Both me and my sister LOVE Drake xD My sister especially. While playing Uncharted she called him "Drakey-wakey" (I totally didn't share that :PP) 

Anyways for me I recently started Attack on Titan and love it so much I wanted an avatar for it. I found a lot I wanted that were funny but none of them worked :/ The file size problem for finding avatars. And none of the gifs I wanted worked either. Despite the file size being okay. But even though Sasha Blouse isn't my favorite character (Armin, Jean, and Connie are) I like the avatar. :DD 49768.jpg?t=1371154223 Her. And.... sasha_blouse_by_bloodink6-d67v91l.jpg My avatar.

• Brohoof 1

commission__xargos32___happy_octavia_by_

Octavia is my favorite background pony, so when I came across this cute fan art of her on deviantART, I knew I had to use it as my avatar. The original is posted above, but I cropped it a bit so the corners weren't round.

• Brohoof 1