Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I chose mine because Rarity is my all time favorite pony and because the blue winter coat around her is a similar style to the purple coat she's wearing in my signature. <3 <3

• Brohoof 2

My avatar will always be Gilda until another griffon comes along. Yes I know about Gustav, but I mean a fleshed out character that interacts more in depth like Gilda did. Her design is pretty awesome, and I hated the hate surrounding her during season 1. She's a complex character.

Oh well, wherever, wherever you are,

Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far.

See the blood flow, watching it shed above my head

Iron Maiden wants you for dead...

I'm a big Maiden fan and so I looked for something 'bout the band, but related to ponies. My first avatar was the cover of the album "Piece of Mind" but Pinkie's head replacing Eddie's, and as for my current avatar, it's ponified result of the cover of "Number of the Beast".

Well, for start it has Derpy H. in it since I believe she is best pony. Now the armor and expression I really like since it adds a rather cool style and shows the inner-determination of a strong solider. 

Cute and awesome :3

• Brohoof 1

I chose this one because after two slightly more hard core avatars I was in the mood for something cute and Sweetie Belle is my favorite filly/CMC.

img-1804247-1-sweetie_belle_by_whitekimy

OMG I really hope thats what her cutie mark actually looks like.

And on another note, I love the person behind creating this digital drawing. :wub:

It looks amazing, you have good taste my friend.  :D

Edited by Onylex

I chose my profile picture because  I like the alternate style and it has all my favourite ponies together. When I was younger I always wondered what "winged unicorns" (before the term "alicorn" came about) (and hence my username)  would be called. They've got wings and a horn what's not to like?

I found this while I was browsing through tumblr.  :)

photo-19315.jpg?_r=1378070062

Edited by Unipeg
  • Brohoof 1

OMG I really hope thats what her cutie mark actually looks like.

I have seen a couple of different interpretations of what her cutie mark might look like pretty much all of them have something to do with music. My personal favorite interpretation is this heart with a music note on it.

Because I'm sexy as fuck, obviously.

I want to have a picture of myself so people can feel like they're talking to a real person with an actual face rather than just some random robot over the internet.

Plus, I like it when people tell me I look like a girl :3 <3

• Brohoof 2

Because it's creepy and cool.

Just like me.

I don't really know, it's just a cool Pokemon fanart that I came across a while ago. I liked it and was looking for a profile picture, so I just said why not. Also I was tired of having a MLP-related avatar, so I needed something else.

Edited by Marshmallow

Mine's a gif of Crash Bandicoot right now, because... I dunno, I like Crash Bandicoot and I felt like it.

However, it's usually this:

post-9851-0-14390100-1378151699_thumb.png

That guy on the left is the Sniper from Team Fortress 2 with a burger on his head.

...I dunno, I made him as a sort of TF2 persona a couple years ago and he stuck.

I rendered a picture of him in Source Filmmaker, then added Rainbow Dash and the MLP background to make an avatar that I use exclusively for this site!  :lol:

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 1

VvYzst1.png

I chose this one simply because I love Trixie, and I thought it looked amazing, so I added a background to it and used it! I found it on dA not too long ago when I was searching for images of Trixie I could use to go with my new name. :squee:

• Brohoof 4

post-4006-0-77013700-1378163756.png

• I adore Dash's expression and body language in this one. It sort of just gives off a 'whatever...too cool to care', mixed with emotional thought.
  • Great coloring, shading and outlining. Also like her outfit and how her belly button is still visible as a dim shadow through her shirt.
  • ^ I actually made that edit, myself. :comeatus:
  • Anthro ponies can be drawn very nicely, as well as hotly. This is one of those times.
  • Brohoof 3

post-19065-0-28281100-1378217584_thumb.png

I can't really draw ponies or use photo editor, so I just went onto Google images. I always liked teenage Cadence, so I searched "cadence fan art."  This pic of her was halfway down the list, and since I liked the hipster glasses on pony idea, I decided that this was now my profile pic.

• Brohoof 1

I chose this,cause i wanted a cute avatar of Twily.

Also,cause Twily is best pony.

There's no denying it,she is in fact,the very best.

Anypony who says otherwise will face dire consequences.

AA_Franziska_von_Karma_Normal_1.gif

• Brohoof 2

I've been really into Dangan Ronpa lately and Chiaki is just so cute. 

So I decided to make my avatar Chiaki. I have other favorite characters but I've used them a lot on other sites already. So it's her turn now. :3

I'm a huge fan of Watamote, and of Tomoko herself specifically. I relate to her quite a bit, and she is too funny, and cute. But I more or less know how she feels in the situations you see in her story, as I've experienced them to similar degrees. Because of that, I chose to use her.

Why this image specifically? Well I feel this shows a side of Tomoko that she doesn't see in herself. How pleasant she actually looks. Sure, she has her own flaws, but we all do. It gives her some character, as she isn't portrayed as a "beautiful, flawless High School girl". But she has her moments :). Plus it is too cute!

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Brohoof 2