Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I'm a huge fan of Watamote, and of Tomoko herself specifically. I relate to her quite a bit, and she is too funny, and cute. But I more or less know how she feels in the situations you see in her story, as I've experienced them to similar degrees. Because of that, I chose to use her.

Why this image specifically? Well I feel this shows a side of Tomoko that she doesn't see in herself. How pleasant she actually looks. Sure, she has her own flaws, but we all do. It gives her some character, as she isn't portrayed as a "beautiful, flawless High School girl". But she has her moments :). Plus it is too cute!

Even If I didn't watch that anime. But even though she is not that popular. She is an emo cute person

I actually females who are like unpopular and disliked by many even when she is beautiful. You know what she deserves to get a boyfriend :catface: :catface:

I actually like the idea of crystal ponies, and good art of the crystal mane six is unfortunately kind of hard to find. I pounced on this one though :D. Crystal Rainbow Dash is prettiest pony and I love the bright colors in the avatar. It sorta livens up my mood.

I love Fate Testarossa, one of the main protagonists in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. I suggest it to anyone who's fond of magical girl anime - it does get dark (it's a seinen) after the first few episodes but it's well worth the watch!

post-11395-0-12593300-1378331167_thumb.png

I figured "it's been a while since I used a pony avatar", so I began to think about what I should use and decided to use that thumbnail for "Smile HD". I took a screenshot and did some shoddy editing to get rid of the words, resized the pic and I was good to go. But then I thought, "... this just isn't bad enough. I need something nice yet naughty. Something bittersweet ". So I picked out a nice Chrysie pic did a bit of editing and slapped it on. I think it fits rather well.

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 1

post-15615-0-58359800-1378447714.png

I chose this avatar because I saw it in this Equestria Daily post (fun fact, I also found the drawing of Dashie in my signature in the same post), and I thought Fleur looked super smexy. Also I've never had a Fleur avatar before. :3

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

Got a new story on my avatar, it was my villian day avatar, I just changed my sig and I was about to change my avatar when I seen a notification, so I checked it was a comment from Wingnut asking me not to change my avatar so I kept. Thank to her my Scootaloo Cannon Starscream is still on

• Brohoof 1

Well, my current one is Sakura, Kyouko and Akemi, Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

The main reason being that these two are my favorite magical girls, so I love having them in a single picture.

Just changed my avatar there yesterday. I chose mine because Celestia is quite pretty when she's crystallised also Celestia is my favourite pony :D

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

I'm using my OC as an avatar, since it really describes me pretty accurately. I'm kinda scary looking, and somewhat distant, but once you learn to know me in person, you'll get a lifelong friend who will look out for his friends, and does not allow any harm come their way.

First of all... Baldur's Gate 2 Best RPG. Second of all... my signature has Fluttershy, Aerie (from BG2-BEST ROMANCE (Spoilers:In the end she is the only one who has an in-game baby with you!!!)), and Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy... similar personalities. Avatar mostly because... cute and reminds me of Fluttershy my favorite pony from the mane 6.
http://silverracoon.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Aerie-261140250 
b18fde2ee8e67b147cab6c85fccc5a3d-d4bh53u

• Brohoof 1

I'm commander fluttershy and this is my favorite pony in Equestria

Found it on deviantart a while ago when I was browsing some mlp crossovers. I'm a huge mass effect fan and seeing fluttershy as shepard just made me chuckle ^^

• Brohoof 2

Why?

Cause it's true and even Anthony Sullivan agrees!!

Also,cause i was flat out,bored and decided to.

(TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS BEST PONY. DON'T IGNORE THE TRUTH!!!)

• Brohoof 2

post-4006-0-58227700-1378523875.png

• My OC, Repulse Magnet, has yet to be drawn with a belly button :3 So, that happened xP Thanks, Rainbow Dashey!
  • It's uber cute, and while I don't know how long I'll be using it, Ive wanted an excuse to change my signature for a few days, and decided going back to Repulse for a while was the best option.
  • Another original entry for the almighty Pony Navel Avatar Revolution ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Simply put, my avatar is a unique logo of Hospital Records, a record label. I picked it mainly because one of my favorite record labels is Hospital Records, as they feature some of my favorite artists, and they play a wide diversity of music throughout the Drum & Bass genre. So...yeah, you can pretty much say i'm a fan of them. 

photo-18255.gif?_r=1378574152

I chose this one for a couple of reasons.

Fluttershy = Best pony (IN MY OPINION, PEOPLE DON'T KILL ME TODAY, I HAVE MANY YEARS TO LIVE.)

Fluttershy GIFs are always cute, and this one stood out.  :wub:

And, since it's small, it fits perfectly.

Fluttershy approves of this post      clapping_pony_icon___fluttershy_by_tarit

Edited by SolarKnight
  • Brohoof 1

not much for me to say. I like Sissel, and I think Ghost Trick is a massively under-represented game. I also like the contemplative way he looks, since people tend to associate your avatar with yourself, and the way you talk. People with avatars where someone is angrily firing a gun tend to look aggressive themselves.

• Brohoof 1

post-6104-0-11224600-1378352606.png

Chaotic Discord made this one for me. He found the original image on DeviantArt and used his mad Paint.net skills on it after I told him I'd love to have it for an avatar. This is based on something involving Twilight in season 4, the details of which are unknown to me because I'm avoiding any and all potential spoilers. It's a fascinating interpretation by one of our fandom's many talented artists, and that alone impresses me enough to wear it as an avatar.

Barring that, she's still my favorite pony and it's kind of hot. :P

• Brohoof 2

Because Fluttershy is effing adorable is why.

I mean, I'm only adding this part because of the character limit, but just look at that face. A small little cute smile and those big blue eyes. How could I resist?

• Brohoof 1

I chose this one because it's cute. and it's punny....also it's animated.

I change my avatar every so often....I have yet to find a new Fluttershy x Dashie pic that's cute...

I've thought about changing to just best pony as I have a bunch of cute/adorable solo pics of Fluttershy. Then maybe a Dashie exclusive sig.

x6Qm8Xn.jpg

So, I chose this because I'm a big fan of Princess Luna (she's not only best princess, but best pony), and I'm also a fan of Pinkie Pie (best mane6). And this pic shows a merged form of Pinkie Pie and Nightmare Moon, who is, as we all know (or at least should ;)) the evil form of Luna. And that's awesome! I hope you all agree?

Well, I like Zero Punctuation. I also couldn't think of any other pony-referencing avatar other than my pony creator OC. However, while watching Yahtzee's review of Final Fantasy XIII, I had to make an avatar of this scene.

2skb.jpg

Well, my reason is easy. I made that pic inspired by the fictional character "Märchen von Friedhof" (you see, my name xD) by the musical group Sound Horizon. Why? Because at the moment (and especially the whole year until now) my life sucks. Sound Horizon saved me. Sound Horizon made me happy when I just wanted to cry and throw away my life. Sound Horizon showed me, everytime I listened to their songs, how strong I want to be an actress someday. And Sound Horizon was the reason why I finally chose to apply at an theatre academy, even if I don't have money and I know, it will be not easy to get in. But I'll try. And that's the whole story behind that picture (and yeah, I wanted to have something with my little pony too). :I

• Brohoof 1

Should you ever come across the title Nagneto with a picture of Mola Ram, it is probably me. I am one of the few people (there's about four of us I think) that will openly admit to LOVING the movie Temple of Doom.