Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

It's quite simply one of the most beautiful works of Rarity fanart that I've ever seen. The purple background, the shadow effect, amd the way Rarity looks in it in general are all amazing to me. I'd say it's at least a semi-permanent avatar for me, meaning even if I switch for a while chances are I'll probably always go back to it at some point. :D

• Brohoof 1

Mine is a picture of my pony-ified self (they're called, what, OCs?  What does that even stand for?)

Anyway, I tried to represent myself justly, by matching the approx. head shape, eye colour & hair colour (minus the dark green highlights of course), a fez because freaking Doctor Who! and adding a cutie mark of a quill and ink to represent my love of writing and composition.  Here's a full size picture:

1234088_10201821921010571_1219500239_n.j

img-1830277-1-medicglowblue_large.pngWhen I started playing TF2 (Team Fortress 2), I realized I had a lot of good class, but nothing beats the Medic

I like him very much, and is in my opinion, the best

E. .... is what I most game :yay: 

Wow that's a strange looking medic. Despite with all that evil and stuff you know.

Medic: I HAVE ALL THE HEALING POWER IN THE WORLD!

• Brohoof 1

So I'm back! Since my last post on this thread, I've gone through at least 3 avatar changes. I was just browsing through Deviantart once again, because they have like the best pictures of ponies on there. :3 I was searching for another Dashie avatar, because for reason she seems to fit best for me as an avatar pony(which is ironically because my favorite and best pony is Pinkie Pie). :P

So I found this one, and I thought it looked pretty cool. I'm in school now and so seeing this depiction of Rainbow Dash in college studying just seemed so fitting for me.

Plus, after this year, I'll be heading off to college as well. x)

It just fits, and it's Dashie. The epicness is beyond perfect here. ^_^

Well Princess Celestia being the most epic Princess of all time... top of all that is drop dead sexy.. need I go on?

post-16621-0-05106600-1379094383_thumb.jpg

Now the picture I think looks epic and really shows that beauty that Celestia has.

post-16621-0-94535900-1379094470.gif

This is the one I wanted to use but its to small

• Brohoof 1

My profile picture is the flag of Tsar Peter the Great of Russia from Empire Total War, my favourite PC game but I am a huge fan of all of the Total War games. It was with Russia, that I would expand to 101 regions, making it my largest and most successful expansion in the game.

I may change it, but I was a fan of Total War before I joined the herd; however things change and I will adjust.

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

I was browsing around looking for a good Applejack picture when I stumbled upon it and thought it would make for a cute, clever, and somewhat funny avatar. For those of you who may not know, this picture is based on an American war time propaganda poster by J. Howard Miller in 1943 that was used in an attempt to boost worker morale (which fits the character of Applejack, right?). It was rediscovered in the 80's where it became popular among feminists. It is often called "Rosie the Riveter" after the iconic concept of a tough female war production worker. Here's the original poster in all its glory:

250px-We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

And Applejack's version in case I change my avatar:

195510__safe_applejack_clothes_poster_pr

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

I was browsing around looking for a good Applejack picture when I stumbled upon it and thought it would make for a cute, clever, and somewhat funny avatar. For those of you who may not know, this picture is based on an American war time propaganda poster by J. Howard Miller in 1943 that was used in an attempt to boost worker morale (which fits the character of Applejack, right?). It was rediscovered in the 80's where it became popular among feminists. It is often called "Rosie the Riveter" after the iconic concept of a tough female war production worker. Here's the original poster in all its glory:

img-1838715-1-250px-We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

And Applejack's version in case I change my avatar:

img-1838715-2-195510__safe_applejack_clo

I saw this one in the WWII picture book. This poster which has "We can do it!" Actually tells how useful women can be during the war.

This was posted so women can help and contribute in case of lack of men for the job.

• Brohoof 1

Should you ever come across the title Nagneto with a picture of Mola Ram, it is probably me. I am one of the few people (there's about four of us I think) that will openly admit to LOVING the movie Temple of Doom.

I love all the Indiana Jones movies, even the new one. Which is also why I love Daring Do so much, as she is pretty much the pony version of Indy. also knife guy vs Indy with gun, best scene ever.

OT: Might have a new avatar soon.

Didn't last very long </3 Found more awesome art of Dash in the meantime. Besides, unfortunately for Spitfire, her bright, warm-colored color scheme isn't as clear for signature text on a white BG as Dash's blue theme is :3 Plus blue fits the adminy title thinga mebober.

/CDO

post-4006-0-18110100-1379238000.png

• The excess piercings (belly button ring included hnnnnngg <3), is something I could easily see Dash doing in her mid-teens. 'Element of Rebellion' is a knock to that concept.
  • I like the expression, pose and lighting. Manages to be hot and bad-ass at the same time.
  • Brohoof 1

I made a pony that was kinda based on myself (except I don't have blue hair and wings!) i made SkyStorm myself (no websites or any of that stuff, I just cropped and recoloured heaps of different pics and that is the final product!)

So, ah, here it is

post-19632-0-71232800-1379238516_thumb.jpg

post-19632-0-07042100-1379238652_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I have a rule which I follow most of the time, all avatars I use have to be made by me. So I took a reference from the show, and applied it to Fluttershy and then animated out my own .gif in Adobe Flash that no one else has for instant shipping.

• Brohoof 1