Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six = Romance Genre Heroines

HelementsofArmory

For those of you who don't know, Lauren Faust based the Mane Six off of the Romance Genre Heroines archetype. It features 8 types of characters (you can read the TV Tropes article if you would like to know the description of the first six types):

1. The Librarian (Twilight Sparkle)

2. The Free Spirit (Pinkie Pie)

3. The Boss (Applejack)

4. The Crusader (Rainbow Dash)

5. The Waif (Rarity)

6. The Nurturer (Fluttershy)

7. The Seductress

8. The Spunky Kid

As you can seem two types are not filled out by any of the Mane Six. According to TV Tropes, The Seductress is cynical and manipulative Femme Fatale, while The Spunky Kid is a brave girl who is ready to get to work.

So, my question is, what two ponies do you think fit these two roles the best. I don't know for The Spunky Kid (maybe Derpy), but I think Trixie could fit The Seductress.

Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash fulfill some aspects of the "spunky kid" as nopony in the mane 6 is more eager to "get to work" than Applejack and Rainbow Dash works hard too albeit her work is training instead of apple bucking but is still work. Rainbow Dash is often shown taking naps but she does earn those naps. But it seems like Scootaloo fits it better than anypony for her sheer determination and of course her fan filly side. Rarity also has some aspects of a femme fatale as we have seen a few examples in the show where she has used her feminine charms to get her way but ultimately is a sucker for romance. Trixie could fit that but Crysalis who impersonated Cadence to infiltrate Canterlot Castle seems like the epitome of a femme fatale.

I think it would be useful to post the link that you're using as a reference. ;)

The Seductress role could apply to Sunset Shimmer. Sunset could possibly be described as having a rough childhood due to never having any friends. She's also very cynical and manipulative, and these characteristics fit that of a Seductress archetype. Queen Chrysalis would be a better fit for one of the villainous versions of the romance genre heroine, which can be found in the link above.

The Spunky Kid archetype is described as:

Female version of The Best Friend, roughly; a Plucky Girl who's always ready to roll up her sleeves and get to work.

This description fits Apple Bloom down to a tee. Apple Bloom is a very plucky filly, and she's always ready to help out her friends and family, and will even bet on her own farm if she feels challenged.

For those suggesting that Chrysalis should be the Seductress, keep in mind this is called Romance Genre HEROINES. At least Trixie and Sunset Shimmer turned good. There are villainous examples, and Chrysalis could fit into the Black Widow type.

As for the Spunky Kid, I think I may a found a perfect example, or, examples. The CMC seem to maybe fit this type, even if they are three ponies. Applebloom and Scootaloo have been said above, but Sweetie Belle may also fit. As we have seen in the series, Sweetie Belle is always ready to try and help Rarity in her business, even if her help is not needed.