Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever accidentally scared someone to death?

GhostPony750

Two years ago, just before class, I went to the bathroom, then washed my hands. But at the same moment, a guy 2 years younger than me came to wash its hands too. And there were quite alot of people washing their hands there, and I had the only soap dispenser available infront of me.

So he went to take some soap, but pushed too hard on the bar and I got soap all over my shirt. He was scared to death. I measured almost 6 feet at the time, and I'm pretty strong, so it was indeed scary for him.

At first I was like "omg...", then I started laughing. It was so funny, this made my day. So the little guy was a bit confused, I wasn't going to punch him lol. So I cleaned my shirt and went in class...

So... have you ever scared someone to death, funny or not?

Edited by GhostPony750

I scare people to death at work all the time. I'm very light footed when I walk so people usually don't notice me until I'm right on them. Every once in a while I purposely walk up behind someone quietly and put my head really close to theirs. Always gets em. 

• Brohoof 4

No, because I'd probably get charged with manslaughter. 

I got pretty close when I got a friend to play the scary maze game. I don't think he ever got over that  :lol:

As an accidental case, though, I did move in front of someone at school. He jumped a few feet, and that probably counts.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Quite a while ago, I got hit with a screamer that REALLY got me off guard. I had headphones on and everything. I apparently screamed like a banshee before ripping my headphones off and closing the window.

My parents thought I'd sawed my leg off or something, but once they realized I was just being a wimp surprised by "something", everything was fine.

When my friend and I were in a scary maze in our camp on Halloween, and our counselors were trying to scare us. It was dark, so before the counselors grabbed my friend. I jumped out and, almost scared my friend with my Green Goblin impression. :lol:

Yeah, I'm a fairly quiet walker so I sometimes take people by surprise unintentionally. I always apologize a significant amount whenever that happens, I don't mean to startle them. I think the problem is more on the other foot anyway, they should just be a lot more observant.

• Brohoof 2

I'm always accidentally scaring my mom, when I walk I don't make too much noise and I'm always pacing thinking. So I'm pretty much all over the house, and when she walks into a dimly lit room and I'm just standing there, yeah she gets scared.

Ok. Here's a cute story between me and my cwushie.

I peeked through a wall corner and saw my crush looking through her campus mail. She peered through her campus mail. I decided to try greeting her with a shout of her name that would leave her flustered. So what I did was peek ever so slowly while my crush was looking through her mail. Now keep in mind I did this because my crush was shy and I wanted to have some fun.

So basically, my crush was just finished checking her mail. I continued to creep slowly until I was within speaking distance. Probably about a foot away. I then decided to call her name a few times wondering if she would hear. But she didn't. So I decided to shout her name rather loudly!

Her reaction was PRICELESS! She jumped and giggled, leaving her extremely flustered. She then said my name in such a cute and flustered way! I knew I nearly scared to death after she jumped in response to my shout. Hehehehe :3

My face and voice are very highly amorphous. I can do basically whatever I want with them. With this in mind, I can do a face with soul-less eyes and an inhumanly huge smile, coupled with a voice and laugh that make it sound as if I'm possessed. I use this combo all the time to freak people out, and have on multiple occasions scared someone that badly.

I'm also adept at sneaking, so I can pop up on people at the most unexpected of times. That's bad enough on its own, but when I combine the face and voice with that surprise... I've had people literally hit ceilings.  ;)

As for accidentally, I remember not too long ago, my mom was waiting behind a door to scare me. But, I blazed past the door so quickly that my sudden appearance scared HER. We both got a good laugh after that.  :lol:

Yes, I have "accidentally" scared someone to death, at last count I've "scared" people on 23 separate occasions... Pretty weird huh?

All the time. You would think of it as very hard to miss a kid as huge as me, but no, apparently I'm silent and scare lots of people. I was trying to catch up with my dad and he almost hit me on accident.

Well, i scare my mom alot, and sometimes my brother, one time I hide out in the front yard of my dads house hiding behind a wall and waited for like 10 minutes for my brother to walk by, then popped out and scared him.

But i haven't scared anyone quite to death, i mean my mom freaks out when i accidentally scare her, but i think shes fine.

Otherwise can't say i've done any real big scares, i'm not exactly that scary well unless you count the fact i'm ugly.

Ha, that's implying that I scare people on accident.

I'm a flippin' ninja. Due to my constantly needing to appear as unobtrusive as possible everywhere so as to not alert people to my presence, get in their way, or distract them, I've learned over the years how to move very quietly. I hardly make a sound if I'm moving on tile or brick, and on carpet with bare feet or socks on, I am literally silent. I haven't even peed standing up since I was 14, because it is very loud.

Elaborating on the needing to be unobtrusive bit, I don't want anyone to be like, "Why's he moving around this same spot or passing by it repeatedly? Maybe I should help him?" The last thing I want is for someone to go out of their way to try and help me when I can probably do it myself - I hate to waste other people's time. Even alerting others to my presence puts me on edge, because that means that they may wish to talk to me - again, wasting their time when they didn't need to. This applies to other things as well, but I digress.

Back on topic, I use my silent movements to scare people all the time. Sneaking up on them and putting my head besides theirs, or simply opening my suitemates' doors and staring at them, waiting for them to turn their heads away from their computer screens, it does not matter to me, as long as I get some sort of reaction out of them. 

There was this especially funny time when I always was in front of two girls I was friends with (one of which I crushed on at the time) when walking to a class we had together. I was too far ahead to actually be spoken to, but close enough to know that they were there. The route we would take goes down into a small gorge with a stream running across under the path, surrounded by trees, and then up into the back parking lot of the health center. I had been scaring them successfully for some time - regular sneaking up behind them - and one particular day I was feeling somewhat cheeky, and there was a very large SUV in the lot. I hid behind it, and waited. 

I think you can guess where this is going. Having a guy in a black hoodie jump out at you at 9 AM is probably the scariest thing you'd have to put up with for a while. Ever since scaring both of them out of their skins, the one I was crushing on made me promise that I wouldn't try to scare her any more, because she was always having to check behind her in case I was there!

Heheh... maybe not to death, but I made a choking noise while eating because my brother said a word incorrectly, so my grandma freaked out a little bit lol. It was unintentional  and in good humor. All in good humor.

I scare people to death at work all the time. I'm very light footed when I walk so people usually don't notice me until I'm right on them. Every once in a while I purposely walk up behind someone quietly and put my head really close to theirs. Always gets em. 

I know the feeling...it cracks me up all the time seeing be crap themselves when a head randomly appears into their line of sight :P

• Brohoof 1

Well...in the 6th grade, my friend and I were working on a project in Health Class that involved us hanging posters up around the school. So, my friend decided to go to the bathroom so I waited outside of the bathroom for her to come out.I had the brilliant idea to jump scare her. When she walked out of the bathroom, I jumped in front of her and made this loud gagging noise, she slipped out of shock and fell onto the tile floor and her head slammed on the floor. She started laughing but didn't talk to me for two periods. It was awkward to say the least. 

I think there's only been very instances in my life in which I have scared anyone, never mind to death lol. I mean, I've probably scared my mom so many times, but that's nothing. It's all understandable because she's just so paranoid and protective of me like the typical mother she is. :P

Probably the only recent instance in my life, in which I have scared someone on purpose was during show choir. I have this one friend whose like the most easy to scare girl ever! :P

So it was one day in show choir and a bee came into the practice room, and she was screaming like crazy, just by the very mentioning of "Bee."

It was hilarious, and even though the bee eventually left the room, I blurted out "Bee!!" and once again she jumped and screamed.

Haha, good times. ^_^

While at a friends birthday party about a year ago, we played manhunt(infection tag). Me and a couple of other people hid in a thick wall of overgrowth. A couple unrelated people walked by and we coughed. They jumped and made a small shriek. One of us went out and apologized to them and the guy in the group of people said that it had made his day(well night, it was like 11pm).

• 4 years later...

I did recently, my cat got out during freezing weather and I went out to go get her. Found her and came back home at the same time my step father was letting the dog out. It was like, 1am and I was right at the door when he opened it and he jumped really high.

More than once. I'm quite good at being stealthy, and much of the time it's completely unintentional. Someone can casually turn around, see me there minding my own business, and freak out. I'm very much a ninja.

latest?cb=20120312064154

Occasionally, yes I have. I'm quite good at being stealthy when I need or want to be, also I'm a night owl so I can be up at like 2:47 in the morning making myself a bag of popcorn or something and no one would really notice. When I do scare people, it's mainly because I turn a corner and go behind them with them noticing me and they usually see just a glimpse of me, and they get startled because they didn't see or "feel" me come near them.