Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Well, half and half.

My full legal name is Carl Bertrand Synnett.

So, Bertrand, gtfo, because it's just terrible.

Carl, well, everyone call me this way and it's quite unique, so I don't mind.

But my favorite here is Synnett, which actually mean Brave and Victorious. What an epic name lol.

There is this sh**ty boy band called one direction. (Their songs are as horrible as bieber) One of their members name is Niall horan. The only Irish member of the British boy band. Glob I hate them because their songs are s**t

I meant that I know of personally lol. I respect One Direction, sure their music sucks but they aren't anywhere near as bad as Justin Bieber who, smokes weed, pees in buckets in the middle of a busy restaurant even though there's a perfectly fine restroom and tries to start a fight he can't win with a paparazzi. Simply put he's an asshole.

My legal name iIt's actually a mix of their nanes combined. Elma + Fredrick = Eldrick. 

Be thankful your parents names weren't Scott + Abby= Scabby

I personally hate my legal name (it's not Scabby, I'm not posting it up either, just couldn't leave the post untold :P)

It comes from the Bible...who the hell reads that? I've got some weird ancient Hebrew name, and my family descends from the English and Scottish. And my middle name isn't much better. It would of been all right if I hadn't known the origin-my mother got the name from Winnie the Pooh. My last name is the profession that my ancestors where, and they where all foresters XD So my name is a combination of Religion, kid shows and trees. Yay for me!

As to what I would change it to, I'd probably change it to something like Edward. I wouldn't care so long as it wasn't my given name.  

• Brohoof 1

I like my full first name, Timothy, but I prefer to just be called Tim. One-syllable names just roll off the tongue better, and since my last name is also just one syllable long, it works pretty well.

The fact that my dad and I have the exact same name, however, can get a bit confusing, at least when doing paperwork. I always have to remember to add "Jr." at the end of everything.  :mellow:

Oh, and Timmy is out of the question. Even though people still call me that. post-9851-0-87463700-1377121126.png

The only thing I would change is the first letter of my last name to a K. I really like the sound of being called by my initials, but JC doesn't sound good, and my last name's c sounds like a K anyways.

Yeah, I dont like my legal name as much as Id like to. Im not going to post my legal name for obvious reasons but, I dont feel like my name suits me.

I wouldn't want to replace it though because there is a pretty cool reasoning behind it and how I got the name.

Yeah i wont put my legal name on the forums first and middle name kindajust plain name but the last name is swedish and thats not the most common types of names around here so yeah i like it

I love my legal name, there aren't many people I've met named Asher: I'm a bit of a fan of unusual names and I'm glad that I've got one 

I would however like to add a middle name I wasn't legally named at birth :)

I'm not going to post my full legal name on here. All I'll say is that I find it annoying how instead of having a middle and last name, I have two last names. My full name goes: First, Father's last, Mother's last. In school, we're enrolled in alphabetical order by last name. I use my father's last name and because my father's last name is in the middle I tend to cause quite a bit of confusion among some of my teachers.

I have a love/hate relationship with my first name, it's Jimmy. I like the way it sounds but since Jimmy is the nickname of James I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it drives me insane. And don't even THINK about asking me if this "rustles my jimmies".

My name is Spencer. But people call me Spenc too. I guess it's an average name. A solid 5/10. Not the best but not the worst either If I could choose my name would totally be Griffin. That would be such an awesome name to have. Or Skye that would be an awesome name too.

I am not a fan of my legal name. At least not as of right now. Darrel is an old man's name. Ever since I was a baby I've always been called DJ. It's like my parents realized halfway through my birth certificate that Darrel wouldn't fly so they had to think of something else to call me. One day though, I will be old. Maybe then I'll make the change to Darrel. Until then, I'm good.

Eh, I guess I'm alright with the name 'Joe'..
The main problem I have with it is mainly the fact that I say it really awkwardly.. It's hard to explain, but I just basically do not enjoy saying my own name.
I could say 'Joseph', but that just feels too formal.

But still, I'm grateful for it.

I love my name. It was such an amazing history behind it.

When my parents gave birth to me, my original last name was going to be Lie. However, the Indonesian government led by a dictator named Suharto banned the use of Chinese surnames. Since my parents were Christian, they sneakily decided to use a Bible name that sounded very Indonesian: Naphtali (if you don't know fellow Christians, he's one of Joseph's brothers and a tribe of Israel). I also love my name Paul because it's based off my favourite Christian leader other than Jesus: the Apostle Paul :)

I don't like my legal name, but no, I would rather not change it legally.

My name consists of three words, and the first one is a family name. Usually it's something that should be at the very end of the name, but for some reason my father put it at the front. As the result I had to endure much of my earlier life sharing the same nickname with my sister. Not something nice to have, I tell you that :/

Now, there's more people that calls me by my middle name rather than those flankhats who still insist to call me by my first name, and I'm eternally grateful for that.

• 1 month later...

I don't like my legal first name one bit, but I wouldn't change it. I've gotten used to being called by my legal and shortened name, and thinking of a different (good) name would be a challenge. As much as my name annoys me, changing it would be a hassle. The reason I don't like my name is that it is a bit odd. It's also very...christian (my family is religious), and I am Pagan. So I have an odd name with unfortunate implications, but I would rather shape my name than have my name shape me.

I wanted to when I was younger. I hate it when people mispronounce my name. My first name is Augus: like the month, but no "T". You have no idea how many times I say that, yet people still don't get it right. I've been called August, Angus, the weird German pronounciation.

But now, I'm used to it, and I don't see really any reason to change it. :3

I like my legal name, it's meaningful to my family. Since a couple of people have the same name as I do in my family and my middle name runs in the family as well. So I play a big part in continuing a family that will also use the same middle name. My first name as well as middle name do mean a lot to my relatives. Even two people that changed their names in a way they could have that middle name I have. So I'm proud of it, the names are different in my country. For me it's this way first name, middle name and then last name which is your fathers name and then -son or -dóttir. Both first and middle name are just chosen.

Even though I'm a forever alone it would be awesome continuing this legacy. But if not then someone will have to do it for me, since it's important to my family and relatives. My great grandfather, who I sadly never met was a very good man that's why I was named after him. He was known by many and I feel proud that he's my great grandfather, everyone is always very happy when they see the guy that's named after him. I feel very proud of my legal name, which is why I could never change it and I don't want to anyway. Having such a meaningful name is awesome.

If I'll ever have kids they will have the same name as I do. If not, hopefully they'll continue using it though.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I've never hated my name, but there was once a time in my life where I wanted to change my first name to "Miles", and later on, "Somari". No special reason, the names just sounded cool.

But in all sincerity, I don't think I could actually go through with it. I'm named after a reliable member in my family, and my name has a meaning my parents put good thought into. Plus, I don't really have the guts to make such a change to my name; I've turned down so many oppurtunities to make it my nickname. I couldn't even do that.

In the end, I like my name, and I'm sticking with it.

Yeah, I guess I like my name. My first name is Braelyn. It is fairly unique. I probably wouldn't change it, but if given the opportunity to do it instantly, I'd have to think about it.