Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

I don't like my legal name. It's Mitch. It's fine I guess, and pretty unique. But I actually DO plan on changing it to something more festive, or... something, but it's a big choice and I don't know what to choose. I'll figure it out eventually.

Problem is, Mitch is... I dunno, just not me. Though I do know another crazy travelling accordion playing musician who's name is also Mitch, so maybe it actually does work, lol. But it sounds a lot like bitch when you have a cold, and I grew up getting called "Bitch Fartin" cause my last name also is comically close to the word "fart", so naturally I'm not a fan. lol

Maybe I'll change my name to Captain Awesome. >_> or something. :)

I do Like my legal name, but at the moment I am changing the last name as a result of having my stepfather adopt me. (I am all for this considering things my biological father has done).

And no, I will not post my name here, I have to maintain the status of "The Secret Person".

My first name is Amy. I like it because it's short and sweet, simple, and it's easy to spell, so most people don't mess it up. The only drawback is having to listen to people sing THIS constantly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xp2lgiAjY

(Which is funny, because the song is 'Amie' not Amy.)

I've got two middle names, and oh how I wish I only had one. I like one of my middle names because it's a common name in my family, but I absolutely despise the other.

As for my last name, I'm pretty indifferent on it. I used to hate it because it's so easy to make fun of, thus I've been the butt of a lot of jokes, but like my first name, it's short and simple so people don't mess it up too often. Plus, it's really all I've got left of my father...

I just realized how vanilla boring my entire name is. There's nothing exotic or hard to pronounce about it. :/

Ehh, my legal name's alright, I guess. Nothing not to like to put it another way. (My legal name is Jared, by the way). I would almost want to change my name to Sky, but instead I think I'll name my son that (assuming I have one at one point). I think I'll name him Skylar, and just call him Sky for short. Because that'd be awesome. <3

I've been always alright with my first name. Though, my last name has garnered some rather frustrating controversy over the years (which consists of both convenience and legal matters), and I'm looking to have it legally changed (my known last name isn't my legal last, but it's the one I grew up with and choose to stay with) when I'm a tad older.

• Brohoof 1

My legal name is... well... Pedro ( don't forget to vote for me lol) and I'm ok with it. But I sometimes do get tired of people when they just keep saying the joke. Will I change my name... maybe. To what... not telling for now.

Mines fine, i think its cool, its a kinda common name, but its cool.

I feel like it fits me well enough, and i don't worry that much about having a unique name, sometimes its fun knowing like 3 other people with your same name.

No, i'm not telling you all my name right now ;p.

My legal name is Indian and it means "moon", along with it being the name of the Indian moon god. It's pretty awesome that way, but it's also for some reason VERY difficult to pronounce right on your first try. So in that way, it doesn't come in handy when meeting someone for the first time.

I don't like my legal name. When people hear my legal name, the vision of a woman in her 80s wearing a flower dress, sitting in a rocking chair and crocheting comes to mind. I just feel like it's such an old, boring name.

But I wouldn't change it. My first name is the only name I could ever respond to, and I don't think I could ever give myself a different name and ask to be called that. I have different aliases online, but to be called anything other than my real name in person is bizarre to me. My last name now is the one I got when I married the man of my dreams. I would have rather he changed his name to mine, but I suppose that's all water under the bridge now. My last name, though boring in sound to me, means that I have chosen to be with that man for all of my life... And I'm pretty proud of that.

Even though it still makes me sound like a little old grandma.

My legal name is Luke. I am pretty fond of the name, though so many people who meet me calling me Luke Skywalker does get tiring after a while. My first middle name, Harry, on the other hand...eh. I wouldn't mind having it changed one day.

Well....my full legal name is:

Kaitlyn Marie Dalrymple

I think it's a weird combination of names, like it doesn't all belong together, but I do kind of enjoy my legal name. My name isn't really terrible, so I probably wouldn't bother changing it. 

I will never post my real names on the forums. You couldn't spell or pronounce it correctly. For an American, I feel that mu name almost sounds rather foreign. I'd never be comfortable with that. I plan on having my first name legally changed next year. 

Edited by Dism

Yes I like my legal name, rather fitting for who I am. Conne

Too bad there seems to be a gazillion Connors younger than me now. KUbAnTY.png  At least my name is spelled -er not -or

Not really sure I'd ever change it, but if I did for shits and giggles I would probably make it Isaac

Edited by Prometheus

Joshua James David [insert Last Name]

Full name I really don't like it :P Josh I can take or leave I've known about 8 other Joshs in my life so like something a little less boring. I can't say I'd change my name but much prefer being called Quirky XD

My name is Andrej, and I wouldn't change it for nothing. It is a slavic name, and it means "The one who wins". I also like the name Ognjen, which is also a slavic name and means "The flaming one", but I like my name better.

I have quite a few names that are/were legal OO;

My legal name at Birth was Selina Nancy Logan. I was adopted as a baby and my name was legally changed to Tara Marie Selina Phelan.

I reunited with my biological dad and I currently live with him. I go by Selina now because my dad can't pronounce Tara properly xD (It's Tear-ah. I hate it when someone calls me Tar-rah)

Well, i don't hate my legal name. I don't like the Christian connotations it carries as i'm not religious in the slightest, but i don't want to go through the fuss of changing it. It'd just be awkward to force my friends and family call me something else.

My legal name is Thomas, but I've always preferred Tom. There are people who call me "Tommy" even though I've told them time and time again that I don't like that nickname though.

Last name is, afaik, German, and begins with a J, but it's pronounced like in English and not like in German which is lame. It's been a subject of mispronunciation for years and years and we have to constantly correct people with both how its pronounced and spelled. I don't like that part of my legal name because of that, having to correct people on the spelling (IT'S AN I AT THE END NOT A Y) and how it's pronounced is annoying.