Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Meh, I suppose it is okay. Not the most bland name ever but it also doesn't have a very exciting meaning. Most people don't seem to think that through nowadays. It is of Celtic origin and my great grandmother was full Scot. It is way better than what my original intended name was, which was Elliot Parker. Elliot would have hardcore contradicted my religious beliefs, which are none. :P I think it means something along the lines of 'one to serve god' or whatever, Bleh.

Notice how I did not say my name here, oooooh how it tortures you because I am so special that everypony should know my name. Plus, I am neato at sarcasm.

My legal name is Elric which is based off of a book series Elric of Melnibone which I still have not read even though they have been on my shelf for like 14 years and I wouldn't change my name because its a unique name I have yet to meet someone with the same name

Spudnikus Von Winklehammer. Esq. Who named that pony in LoE? xD

I'm kinda ok with my name as it is. tho sometimes I like to 'stretch' it out a little my using longer spellings of my name.

Spudnikus Von Winklehammer. Esq. Who named that pony in LoE? xD

I'm kinda ok with my name as it is. tho sometimes I like to 'stretch' it out a little my using longer spellings of my name.

I used to hate my name when I was little, but now I'm okay with it. I just thought that it never really reflected who I was as a person, and thought that my parents had some missed opportunities when naming me.

I don't think I'll change my name, though. That'd be like tampering with a historical artifact. My parents wanted me to be named ****, and I'm not going to disrespect their wishes by legally changing it. I'd be okay with nicknames, but that's about it.

I hate my first name and last name. I rather not give that stuff out.

You all do realize, those revealing their full name, that it is a bad idea to give one's name on the internet right? You have all learn that keeping your identity from those on the internet right?

I would agree with you, but most of the users here are adults.

Only recently I started to like my legal name, I used to hate it but now I recently realized how lucky I was to not have an extremely commun name like Sarah, Melissa, Katie, etc......(no offense to people with those names XD)

Well, I don't dislike my legal name. I'd never change my first name either because it suits me really well. It's my last name that I take some issue with given that for starters, it's not the name of either of my parents, which leads me to the second reason I dislike it as it belongs to the bastard who effectively left my mother in the middle of the streets in a country she didn't even belong because he was too scared to make a commitment to her. If I had the chance, I would prolly change my last name to my mother's maiden name.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Well my sister is named after the god of love and affection and my brother is named after the god of mischief and me? Cameron. Meaning "Crooked nose" in Gaelic.

Though "Cameron" is a good name (apart from it's meaning.) It suits me very well and I can't really think of a better name. It also gives me a good username: "camybish". Which I decided not to use here as it gives away a bit too much of my real name. The bish part of the username, I'll leave you to guess what that is when written in full as it's a part of my surname.

I really, really hate my legal name.  I literally refer to it as such in real life because, that's what is it, a legal and most of all, temporary name.  I'm changing it to Theodore as soon as I can (probably in 2014, at least I hope I can do so before entering college).  In my case, I kind of have to change my name anyway.  I even take my old name as an insult.  Everyone who has that name pisses me off one way or another so...

• Brohoof 1

My names Lauren. I do like my name, but I prefer the name Ashley. I really don't know why. xD I've always thought its a nice sounding name though, and I think it suits me.

Besides, I could be nicknamed Ash. I've always liked that as a nickname as well, especially coz of the Pokemon character. xD

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

My legal name is Elric which is based off of a book series Elric of Melnibone which I still have not read even though they have been on my shelf for like 14 years and I wouldn't change my name because its a unique name I have yet to meet someone with the same name

Elric, I actually know LOTS of people with you're name, but I digress, you're name is awesome. :P

My given name is Cynthia which Im not the biggest fan of my name but there are certain reasons I like it. One because it is the nickname for the goddess Artemis (the goddess of the moon and hunting) which is pretty cool. Also it's the name of the elite four champion in Pokemon. But at the same time it's kind of a classy name which I don't really think I fit with my personality so I go by the nickname Cece. Even though I wouldn't change my name legally I will always go by Cece because it's more me

I don't love my name, wish I had a name such as Lauren but since I wouldn't want to hurt my parents feelings, I won't change mine probably. My name also means free, which is also okay. ^^

I dig Raven Cheyenne but my last name doesn't go with it. But I'm okay with it. People usually call me Rae though.