Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

My legal name is Evan... and I really like it. My girlfriend has a hard time making pet names, though... "Eevee," from Pokemon is the one she calls me the most...

Mine is Antony. If I google up my name's meaning, it will show me pretty much the same type of meaning for the Greek, American, Latin, English and Italian meaning:
Greek: Priceless
American: Priceless
Latin: Worthy of praise / value
English: Highly praiseworthy
Italian: Highly praiseworthy.

...Heh, I guess I'm a person of great value lol. (And I consider myself like it, I've been educated and I've grown to be a great human being.)

I think my first name and middle name are pretty.  My last name isn't very pretty sounding.  But it isn't silly sounding or associated with someone infamous/horrible.  It's rather unique.  I've never met someone with it that isn't my family.

Due to the fact I have a different last name then the rest of my family (hard to explain) I have been offered many times to have my name changed but I refused because my last name was the name my Grandfather had when he adopted me then died of MS, I want to keep that last name in regards of him.

• 2 years later...

My first name is Kimberly, but only family calls me that. I don't really mind it much tbh. It's not like I actually hate it. I do prefer Kimi more because it makes me feel more unique and what not.

I like my real name, even though I use a nickname almost exclusively. My real name is Natalie, which means 'Born at Christmastime,' and that fits me, having been born in December. 

I'm pretty neutral about it. In some situations it's fine, especially if it's people from my own country calling me by my name, but I feel really awkward about my name in conversations with foreign people. I feel like my name would look weird for them or the pronunciation would be a hassle for them, which is why I prefer to use a nickname instead.

Even though I'm fine with my name, I think I might like to change too. Though I'd feel bad about changing the name my parents specifically chose for me. That, and that I can't legally change my name to 'Ed'.

My real name is Katie and I'm happy with it. It fits me very well. I look like a Katie. I don't know what a Katie is supposed to look like but I'm pretty sure it must have a somewhat bewildered expression, idiotic smile and clueless demeanor, cuz that's me. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like my name, it's the name that's given by my parents and I have no problem with it. But I don't like my legal name. :huh: That might be confusing at first, but it's not that hard to get. I'm Chinese, which means my name on passports and other legal documents show the last two words of my Chinese name as my first name, and my English first name as my middle name. That just gets on my nerves whenever a substitute teacher calls me (Keep in mind I'm in Canada, so most teachers completely butcher my name. :D) or when it displays my "legal name" on one of those kiosks you find at the airport.

I wouldn't change it though, in fine with it like this. It's kinda part of my culture, embracing it won't hurt, right? :mlp_smug: