Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions on Rarity

Slice0Pie

You all know the amazing, fabulous Rarity! Her curly, purple mane, generosity, and the fashion designer! So, what's your opinions of her?

Is she best pony?

Should she be shown more, or shouldn't be shown as much?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Tell me your opinions!

Edited by CadenceDerp

Rarity is best pony. She's so beautiful, generous and even kind and caring every now and then. She's one of the first ponies to notice if somepony isn't feeling well, as noticeable in Sonic Rainboom and Lesson Zero. 

• Brohoof 6

I've seen a lot of hate towards Rarity but, I'm definitely going to still like Rarity even if the haters don't. She is so gorgeous, generous, and really needs more episodes focused on her.

winter_rarity_by_pixelkitties-d6fvide.pn

• Brohoof 3

Just like all of the Mane 6, I really like Rarity. She's not my favourite (I think she's my fourth favourite, might be fifth favourite) but she definitely has her moments. I love the comedy that comes out of her dramatising most of her predicaments, or those simple cute moments that she has. I love her sister role towards Sweetie Belle, that episode was really lovely. I also like how she strives; working her successful business in Ponyville with ambitions of a successful business in Canterlot. It's always fun to watch her try and attain that.

I think she might also have some of Pinkie Pie's skills... pulling stuff out of nowhere. Specifically her velvet couch o' drama - that's her best gag :)

Oh, and on a side note, she looked ADORABLE in that scarf in Dragonshy.

mlfw3215-131445416680.png

Edited by Flipturn Costava
  • Brohoof 4

I also love Rarity! Well, granted she isn't my favorite, I still like her character. She's like a satire of a typical stuck-up fashionista, hence her over-dramatic reaction to situations and her high fashion. I think that's what makes her a likeable character. Too bad we didn't see her much in Season 3, so I hope it changes in Season 4. mlp-rdontsay.png

Rarity has always been one of my favorites.  She offers some hilarity in situations where it's absent.  I also love all her freak-outs and such. 

Oh and she has a great design.

Edited by Dusty Soul

Rarity wasn't my favorite pony when I first got into the series (was Fluttershy before) but throughout the series, I began to like her even more. I love like her very much and is the best pony! :D

She has a lovely and stylish mane+tail

Fake accent that suits her personality well

Good color scheme

Those eyes though <3

Can be a good sister (at times :P )

Generous

Simply beautiful

She's cute when she's mad

Funny when she goes through her dramatic phases haha

I can go on and on but you all should get it by now.

Rarity_standing_S1E19_CROPPED.png

• Brohoof 2

You all know the amazing, fabulous Rarity! Her curly, purple mane, generosity, and the fashion designer! So, what's your opinions of her?

Is she best pony?

Tell me your opinions!

The point of "Best Pony" eludes me due to it being essentially a way to put an individual above the rest due to them being better from someone's perspective, so I'll stick to my usual philosophy that there's no such thing as "Best Pony".

In terms of the character itself, I believe that she is a unique character that has a multitude of areas to explore, concerning her relationship with her parents and Sweetie Belle. Next, there's all sorts of areas of her dreams as a socialite/fashion designer which can be exploited for stories which orient around the subject of "status over friends" or other matters, just like Sweet and Elite.

As for colour scheme, it's simple, yet complex due to her colour scheme being mixed with her elegant hair style.

I think she's one of the funniest in the Mane 6.
That and Tabitha St. Germain is awesome so that's always good.

However, that's all I really like about her.
She has an arrogant quality to her, which generally annoys me in any character, however it's not as bad as Rainbow Dash, and her arrogance can create some genuinely funny moments.

I don't know, I guess I just find her forgettable, she doesn't really stick out to me, like my favourite Ponies do.
But I still like her.

Edited by Broseph

She was one of my least favourite ponies when MLP:FiM started out. But then, somehow, I started liking her more and then even moorreee.. Then by the time I watched the 'A Dog and Pony Show' episode, I just fell in love. Heck, even the tag in my siggy was inspired by her. C:

My favorite out of the Mane 6, i just find her character and overreactions just so amusing!

She also has some amazing fan art made for her, another reason why i love Rarity the most.

Although she is not my favorite pony, I can still respect Rarity. "I really like her character" *Sweetie Belle voice*. I just feel like her friends don't appreciate her generosity that much, because she had decided to make dresses for all of them and they weren't even satisfied with her work.

Well, of course Rarity is the best pony. Her color scheme is much more elegant that the rest of the mane 6, and her character is isn't as stereotypical as the rest of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 2

FQIXJ1d.png

i was pretty confused when i saw this but at some point it is kind of true . At first i thought she was too self centered but after a while i started accepting her personality specially with that accent of hers XD

I've heard that she's the least popular of the mane cast but somehow I doubt that. That's probably coming from the people who make Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash out to be tied for most-shipped characters of them all.

Rarity I think has a very interesting set of character traits. She's generous despite a selfish vanity, and that wouldn't be a breeze to convey or write, especially for children to understand. I also think she probably had first or second place for most adorable upbringing, regardless of what little Twilight and her brother would suggest.

filly_rarity_and_her_dad_by_anarchemitis

• Brohoof 6

I overlooked her at first, writing her off as simply another insufferable she-fop; stuck up, whiny, obsessed with appearances, etc. But the further into the series I got, the more I began to realize that she's infinitely more dynamic than I'd originally given her credit for.

I adore her for: her passionate artistry as a dressmaker; the fact that she can have a sophisticated demeanor without being high and mighty (unlike many of Canterlot's residents); being more than capable of opening up a can of whoop-ass when she needs to; her often self-aware flair for drama; and so many other little quirks about her that I can't really explain.

Needless to say, she now shares the Best Pony slot with Dashie, AJ and Pinkie. (Although I'm almost certain she's scheming something to take the other three down a peg.)

evil_rarity__by_flutterguy317-d4y3t4s.pn

Edited by Lowline Thrash
  • Brohoof 2

Is she best pony?

Tell me your opinions!

Is she best pony? No, Fluttershy is best pony. If that's okay... :blush:

Should she be shown more, or shouldn't be shown as much? I don't have any strong opinions on this, but the fans seem to want more of her.

Does she have a good color scheme? Yes, but not ridiculously good.

Rarity wouldn't be my favourite of the mane six but I still respect her. Her character is the most sophisticated of the six and that's what makes her stand out pretty well from the rest. 

I hope there will be another Rarity episode for season 4 :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, she's my favorite character in the show.  But if you want me to further elaborate on why I think she's the best...

I think that part of why I like her is that she represents everything I'm not- I'm something of an introvert who doesn't care for fashion.  I like her sense of drama, her elegance, her friendliness, I mean she's probably the most gregarious pony outside of Pinkie Pie. 

But really, I love how well written she is.  This is a character who could have been very flat two dimensional, and they fleshed her out remarkably.  She could have easily been a Diamond Tiara type villain, or just some silly girl who likes to go shopping, but Lauren Faust had the *brilliant* idea of making her an artist that uses fashion as their medium of choice.  Now like I said before, I have no interest in fashion, but what I do love is when a character has a passion for something, and knows the ins and outs of that field that they're interested in.  Because of this, Rarity gives me, maybe not an intrest, but at least a respect for fashion I never had before by showing it in a new light.  This is not just ponies putting on pretty clothes, this is something that requires talent, skill, and dedication to pull off. 

I love how she has all the trappings of a spoiled, high class snob, but at her very core, she's *not* one- she works hard, making every dress herself, she's a self-made mare, she's thoughtful of others, hell, it's literally *her job* and *life's passion* to help others look good, and feel good by extension.  I love the fact that she's outgoing and friendly, yet self absorbed at the same time.  She's also a fighter who will handle herself in a tough situation, like with the Diamond Dogs. 

But I like the fact that she's not perfect.  Yes, she's a drama queen.  Yes she has an ego.  But you know what?  She *knows* this, and to me that changes everything.  If a character had no personality flaws whatsoever, they'd be boring.  But she's willing to change, and she more than any other pony seems to recognize these flaws in herself.  Rather than making her annoying, this makes her endearing. 

And to top it all off, she is *hilarious* in her dramatic moments.  Her breakdown at the end of Suited for Success and her reactions in Lesson Zero are comic gold.  I love Large Hams, and Rarity is the Hammiest of Hams in all of Hamdom. 

• Brohoof 2

Definitely not my favorite, but she has traits i like. For example she is a hard worker, she runs carousel boutique and does whatever she can to make deadlines. She also has some traits i don't like, i personalty don't think she represents her element as well as the other ponies. She is self centered at times in expense to her friends.

When I first got into the show, Rarity wasn't my favorite character. (Raindow Dash was my favorite) But after watching episodes like "A Dog and Pony Show" and "Sisterhooves Social" she grew on me. Now she's my second favorite character after Twilight Sparkle (note: favorites may change). Both Rarity and I are very generous... and we both have blue eyes.

500px-Rarity_new_dress_vector_by_crimson

I personally think Rarity is the best designed pony (gotta love white and purple) and she also has the best voice. (seriously, what accent does she have?)