Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nobody Special

Well, I just got locked out of my house and had to use my experience to break into it. So, that made me think, how many of you guys have ever been locked out of your house, and if so how did you get back in.

It was simple for me to get in, because I had left a screwdriver out accidently on the back porch.

• Brohoof 4

Once I got locked out, and I found a window that was open. ON THE SECOND FLOOR. I really wanted to get in. Another time, I was locked out, so I just sat in a chair for my mom to come home. I was waiting for like thirty minutes

• Brohoof 1

Yeah... I've got locked out once because I forgot my keys inside. We also just replaced the lock on the door and the spare key wouldn't work.

As for how I got back in, I sort of solid snaked my way in. We have a rain barrel in our backyard near the greenhouse and it was filled with water. I wheeled it over to the kitchen window (which fortunately was unlocked.) I climbed up on the rain barrel and tried crawling through the window onto the counter top while my dogs were going nutty below me.

• Brohoof 1

At my beach house we got locked out and we just called some guy unlock the door. We didn't want to break any windows or doors. I have also been locked out of meh normal house several times but my uncle lives really close to me and he has a key so i can just call him.

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I've been locked out of my house many times. To get in, I climb the bricks, and try to reach a window. I open it, and pull myself inside. It's kind of hard, but it was the only thing I could do. 

I wonder what the neighbors thought...

• Brohoof 2

When I got locked out my first thought was, "where are some zipties" as I know how to open locks with zipties from experience. Well the cars were locked, so I looked through the stuff on the deck and I found a screwdriver. If worse came to worse I always had the option of picking the lock with a pop can, but that takes forever.

I got locked out twice. Both times I came home early from something and my mother wasn't home to let me home. I should really get my own key... mlp-swuhh.png

• Brohoof 1

My mom once heard about burglars that break into houses by breaking in through the garage, so back in 7th grade, got home from school, went through the garage, only to find she locked the door because of what she read, and me and my brother waited 2 hours in 90+ degree weather outside waiting for one of my parents to come home and unlock the door.

• Brohoof 1

i got locked out after a party once.

i was kinda drunk so maybe the door was actually open, but i took a ladder from the barn behind our house and climbed up on the roof above my room. i allways leave my window open so i hung from the ledge and climbed inside.

it was pretty epic XD

• Brohoof 1

One time when I was a kid, I threw a big rock through a window. :P

More recently though, I've resorted to a spare hidden under a nearby rock. At my previous house I once had my landlord let me in since he lived right behind me. Haven't locked myself out in over a year since that incident. Whether or not that should feel like an accomplishment, I don't know.

• Brohoof 2

Technically I've never been locked out. The only times I have a problem with getting into my house is when it is late at night way after my curfew, I'll come home, and all my doors will be locked, however the only way in is my garage door, which is right below my parents room, so I can never just sneak in because the sound wakes them up, then one of them come to me and rant to me about me not being home on time.

• Brohoof 1

I've been locked out several times

Once we used a credit card in the door and it somehow worked

Another time a back window was open so we knocked the screen out and I climbed through that

When I was younger we went to my grandmothers house and she wasn't home and my dad misplaced the key, so he got a ladder from somewhere, and climbed up to the attic window and got in through there

Edited by SweetieBot
  • Brohoof 1

I was locked out of my house once. I had just got home from school and both of my parents were gone, so the door was locked. Stupid me forgot my key that day. Luckily, I had my cellphone. I called my dad and he came back and unlocked the door for me. I couldn't do anything else. All the doors were locked and I wasn't going to break a window to get inside.

• Brohoof 1

I once got locked out of my own house when I was coming back from an overnight project. It was somewhere between 3 to 5 in the morning, everything was dark and creepy. In a blind hurry I dropped my keys when trying to open the door. For context, I got this small climb on the front door to keep the flood away, and the key fell right into the tight gap between it and the front door, damn impossible to retrieve anything from that without some sort of stick, which I didn't have back then. How did I got into the house? Simple, I ran from a distance and smashed my way inside. The door is irrevocably ruined, and I was pissed for the next couple of days.

Never again :/

• Brohoof 2

This has happened to me SO many times, its crazy. My house has a front and back door, the first of which is always locked. The second house door connects to the garage where another door leads to the backyard. The backdoor itself isn't locked, but the door to outside is a dilapidated wood door locked with a handle lock and has a doggy door on it. So one time I stuck my head in through the dog door and tapped the handle lock open using a shovel I found on the floor. Another time I found a 7 ft white pipe and poked the garage door button with it through it. When I was a bit younger, I forced myself through the dog door. Since the door is now falling apart, last time i was locked out I basically rammed it open with my shoulder...

• Brohoof 1

I, and others in my family, ended up locked out of the house a few times.  The last few times usually was just by going through the back porch and not checking to see if the door actually was unlocked.  To get back in, we'd knock on said door... or we'd pound our fist on it to make sure we were heard.  Only once did I and a couple others had to wait for someone to get home with a key, and there was one time I had to go to my neighbor for a spare key.

Edited by Aura
  • Brohoof 1

When I started going to middle school, I started to get home earlier than either of my parents, so they entrusted me with the responsibility of a house key. Sadly, sometimes I would forget said key.

Half of the time I would just wait for my dad to get home at 3, since I got back at around 2:50. Though, if it was really hot and I needed to get inside, I would simply go around back to the back door on our deck. Right next to it is a window leading into one of the bathrooms. We never locked our windows, so it was a simple task to remove the screen, open the window from the outside, and crawl in.

• Brohoof 2

Um, i actually sorta got locked out in a way one time, i got home from school and my parents weren't home, i couldn't find any of the house keys, so i just waited for an hour or so before they got back and opened the door.

Otherwise i can't think of any other times so far, hope not to have any.

• Brohoof 2

5d6.jpg

I KICKED THAT DOOR OPEN!

Nah jk. I just climbed in through a window. Though I set off the alarm, I ninja'd my way to the alarm system and karate chopped it disabled it. :3 

I swear the whole time I had the Mission Impossible Theme playing in my head. 

• Brohoof 3

It was actually just a few weeks ago. I just got a ride from one of my friends from a fun party that had just ended around that time. I tried calling my mother beforehand, and she didn't answer. Called her three more times...no freakin answer.

So I got the ride. Eventually I arrived at the front of the house, then I walked down the walkway to the front door and knocked. I waited five minutes but no response. I knock again. Five minutes later...nothing. Knock again. Nothing. Knock knock knock knock!! Nothing. 

So I tried calling the house phone....no answer. Ten more freaking failed house calls later. NO ANSWER!! :angry:

So I did what I had no other choice but to do....I start banging and kicking on the door like a psychopath!!!

BANG BANG BANG!!! KICK KICK KICK KICK!! BANG! KICK! YELL!! YELL!!  :angry:  :angry:

Then finally my tired and sleepy mom answers the door, shocked at how I got here.

It turns out, she was asleep and her phone was freakin off the whole time!!!  :okiedokielokie:

So yeah....that sucked. :P

• Brohoof 1