Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie VS Pinkamena

Onylex

Pinkie Pie or Pinkamena?  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Which Pinkie do you prefer?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Pinkamena
    • indifferent ~ post a comment for reasoning (optional)

So Im sure by now most of you know who Pinkamena is but, if you dont, she is baskily a split personality of the original Pinkie Pie. Except Pinkamena, is really psychotic and much crazier than the original Pinkie Pie. 

Hell, I think you could even go as far as to saying that she is almost a completely separate character from Pinkie Pie.

She first poped up in S1 Ep.25 "Party Of One"

After that episode she became really popular amongst the fandom and adopted the name "Pinkamena".

~Video is a Spoiler if you have not seen S1 Ep.25~

So, which version of Pinkie do you prefer?

Silly, quaky, and happy, bubbly, Pinkie or, psychotic, insane, and crazy Pinkie?

Personally I think both of them are cute. I do prefer the happy Pinkie over Pinkamena but, I also prefer Pinkmena's straitened hair style of original Poofy fluffy Pinkie's hair. 

pinkie_pie___4th_wall_by_cptofthefriends

37003+-+4th_wall+pinkamena_diane_pie+smi

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the funny, happy go lucky version of Pinkie Pie. Although I really do think the fans took Pinkie's little mental problem a bit out of context.

yeah, I feel the same way.

I actually think Pinkie Pie would be my best pony if she had the same hair as Pinkamena.

Although I do have to admit, some of the fan art for Pinkamena is really cool.

• Brohoof 3

I prefer the happy Pinkie Pie, even though I admit that the art of Pinkamena is really descriptive. But, I don't usually hang out with insane and depressed people.

• Brohoof 2

I like Pinkamena Diane Pie better. I just enjoy dark sides to characters more than I enjoy the regular character themselves. Plus, Pinkie Pie, I think is extremely annoying, so it doesn't hurt to have a darker, more quieter side.

• Brohoof 3

I like pinkie pie because she is always fun. at least, when she doesn't use the mirror pool or anything. and then with pinkamena, she becomes psychotic. which i also enjoy because it makes her more edgy. so i like both of them. hence my vote for indifferent.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena aren't two different ponies. They're the same pony; Pinkamena is a state of Pinkie Pie. The dulled colour of her mane and coat, as well as her mane straightening out, represent any stasis in which she has a lack of will.

I still love them both endlessly, but I love the happier Pinkie Pie doubly so. I don't think I need to explain why; if you know a fraction of me, you'll know a fraction of my love for her boundless happiness and optimism. She's everything; plus, the Pinkamena side of her enhances the happier side of her and shows that it's not all rainbows that come with being the most popular pony in town.

I'm pretty sure there's still an archive for my love of Pinkie somewhere. I did so once or twice in another post. Might have to re-post it here.

• Brohoof 5

BOTH! <3 Pinkie is so cute and happy and bouncy but I think the dejected Pinkamena side is actually really interesting! You don't see  character development like that in a lot of shows but I think Pinkie/Pinkamena is one of the most amusing ponies in Ponyville anyway! And she's so cute when her hair deflates and puffs up. I love her either way. <3

• Brohoof 2

I really like Pinkie Pie better. While the dark side thing is pretty cool, I don't really think it should be something focused on. Dark, psychotic and insane reeeallly doesn't fit the show.

Now that's not to say I don't like Pinkemena. I do find her very interesting.

Edited by ReGen
  • Brohoof 2

The Pinkamena state is interesting, but I actually prefer the Pinkie Pie state, despite being annoyed slightly by its...overly friendliness. I'm like Cranky Doodle Donkey when it comes to thinking about Pinkie, but I digress. Think of it this way:

Pinkie Pie, when she is in her normal state of mind, is outgoing, bubbly, energetic, and friendly to the extreme. When she switches into Pinkamena mode, she turns into the opposite. Since she is so extremely positive when in Pinkie mode, she is extremely negative when she is Pinkamena. That amount of negativity turns Pinkamena into a depressed, paranoid psychopath, which is a little bit too much for my tastes.

I like Pinkamena's mane style better though. I wish that they would have her wear it more, it looks nice. Maybe make an episode where she purposefully straightens it, and all of her friends think she's dipped into her Pinkamena state again for some reason and try to fix it, when all Pinkie did was change her mane for the day.

Yes, I read that in a fic. Shamelessly stolen.

Now, if Pinkamena were slightly less insane and was simply Pinkie's state of mind when she wasn't feeling "like Pinkie," I'd actually prefer Pinkamena over Pinkie.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena aren't two different ponies. They're the same pony; Pinkamena is a state of Pinkie Pie.

XD Yeah, I know but, I just saying that she has gotten so much attention form the fandom in fan fics, fan art, and fan made music, that I think she could be compared to Derpy when it comes to influence that the fandom has on a character. Its almost weird to think that she is one side of the same quoin is all. 

This isn't really a comparison for me. Pinkie Pie is a wonderful pony, Pinkamena is just a hidden side of her that came out when she thought her friends had abandoned her. Possibly the pony she may have become if she never saw the rainbow or met the Mane 6. I think making any more of Pinkamena than that is going well outside canon.

Hands down, I'd definitely go with Pinkie Pie over Pinkamena. Pinkie Pie is a wonderful character, my ultimate favorite out of the mane 6, and I love everything there is to love about the beautiful, happy, bouncy, huggable, adorable, and crazy pink pony. Pinkamena is my least favorite aspect about her though.

Because, first off, it shows her negative side, lacking her usual bouncy, cheerful, and lovable demeanor. Plus, just the way Pinkamena behaves, it's so unlike the Pinkie Pie that I initially love. I also personally think it's a little disturbing that she seems to possess a kind of borderline personality disorder. 

Spike was an asshole for only making her feel worse.

lol

I get that she's crazy about having friends and parties, but I think the writers could've gone without having her go insane in the slightly disturbing way she did. I mean it seemed funny to see Pinkie Pie crack, but I don't know... I guess I'm just still a little freaked out by how far out of context the fans have taken it. :blink:

Overall, I prefer Pinkie Pie.  :)

She's the pony I know and love!

pinkie_pie_staring___vector_by_grendopon

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Pinkie Pie better. While the dark side thing is pretty cool, I don't really think it should be something focused on. Dark, psychotic and insane reeeallly doesn't fit the show.

Now that's not to say I don't like Pinkemena. I do find her very interesting.

Yeah, it doesn't really fit in the show but, seeing the dark side in characters is always interesting...

Even more so when that character is very-happy-go-lucky and bubbly as Pinkie pie. 

It reminds me of the anime "Darker than Black" the main character in it goes back and fourth between warm, kind hearted to cold and bitter. 

Let's see. Pinkie Pie is cute, sweet, and childish, but also pretty annoying. Pinkamena appears to be a little more smart, but much more depressed and seems to have lost her mind... sometimes. Besides, I really like her mane!

So, I can't choose.

I will never understand the group of fans that like Pinkemena over Pinkie. Besides the fact that she only had one real scene, it was a slightly unnerving and kind of sad scene. Maybe it's because I don't like grimdark stuff, but why would anybody want to see Pinkie that out of whack all the time?

I LOVE pinkie.

I love both sides of her, it gives her character depth and makes it really interesting (Just like with all the mane 6 they seem to have a "good and bad" side to them).

In fact his is probably my fav episode of MLP. Not only does it have Pinkie in full depth, but it also teaches us valuable lessons such as people are not always as they look on the surface.

"Never Assume anything"

I will never understand the group of fans that like Pinkemena over Pinkie. Besides the fact that she only had one real scene, it was a slightly unnerving and kind of sad scene. Maybe it's because I don't like grimdark stuff, but why would anybody want to see Pinkie that out of whack all the time?

I find this interesting, I have to admit I enjoy watching things/shows with characters like pinkemina who have a split personality (such as elfin leid ect).

It just makes the character a whole lot more interesting, and raises a load of questions and importantly gives the character depth (which is why I said I like Pinke as a whole and not just one side of her).

I also think it echoes us in RL, I mean on the surface it may look like we are all great people but in reality we all have another side to us.

Is Smile HD Pinkie Pie an option or does that count as Pinkamena?

Because you know she pretty much pulled a Smoke (from MK3) and blew up the world. 

Thats what happens when "Pinkemina" part of her trys to reason with the Pinkie pie part; "I'll kill my friends so there mine and nobody elses".

Alternatively, it could be a 3rd Pinkie Pie, ones who's sleeping :P!

• 4 months later...

I don't understand why others insist on calling depressed and angry Pinkie Pinkamena  there the same pony not a split personality... its like naming angry Pinkie. Pania. cheerno.

She just changed her name...

Cupcakes is stupid in my book she was out of character... she actually was... not to mention that depressed Pinkie wasn't even in the fanflic. >.< 

I find Twilight when she was insane far scarier Pinkie did nothing to any-pony while Twilight was willing to do anything.

So lets call insane Sparlklania...

What about new flutter-shy? No one calls her that but me...

Should we start calling flutter-shy vampire flutter-shy? Since she kept her fangs?

Edited by pinkieshyrose

I am indifferent. I personally think Pinkie is the type of character who would be unstable and unpredictable. I would personally love Pinkamena to appear in more episodes for Pinkies character development. Bottom line is I would love Pinkie no matter what form she's in.