Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gummy's toothlessness: Young, naturally toothless, or 'deteethed'?

Never2muchpinkie

I think he was de-toothed. Maybe she found him as a stray and couldn't find a place to put him so she took him in and had his teeth removed. Hopefully.

What I find disturbing is how vicious he is. Anyone notice how he's always chewing on ponies? I mean, if he weren't just Gummy, Rainbow wouldn't have a face right now... 

20121215055917!Rainbow_Dash_gets_her_sur

Also, I never realized how cute this is until posting this image XD

The fact that gummy is always biting ponies may be due to the fact that he IS toothless. After all, roughhousing with my dog she will 'bite' me, but in a playful way that doesn't hurt. In that same vein, being a pet and, in later episodes getting more of a personality, Gummy (hopefully) wouldn't be nibbling on ponies even if he had teeth, or do it in an affectionate way.

• Brohoof 1

I would call it a genetic disorder, Pinkie seemed to think that it was alright that Gummy had no teeth, and I think she would be worried if he kept losing his teeth over and over. The genetic disorder may also account for the lack of higher mental function. Going along with the innocent design of the show, I doubt that Pinkie repeatedly pulls his teeth out. Perhaps Pinkie is that sadistic in fan fiction, but I don't think she is like that in the show.

• 2 years later...

I feel in a realistic sense he was deteethed so he couldn't be dangerous to ponykind the same way snakes have their venom taken out, in a way this describes him to us in a realistic sense. But in the MLP cartoon "safe" way of explaining it they would probably say he's just born that way... just to ease us into not raising suspicions to the morality of the ponies. I mean parents probably don't really tell their children their pet dogs have been "fixed" in anyway right?

I think Gummy was deteethed to make him safe around other ponies and it was done with magic. Painless and quick. If Pinkie decides to release Gummy into the wild, they can give him teeth. On the morality scale, it's fine because what is done can be undone.

Edited by Singe

• 1 year later...

Wow, i never have that question in my mind, why Gummy doesnt have teeth? Was he born that way Or Ponies 'fixed' him? I am chilled right now... I remembered a scene when he tried to swallow a chicken, poor Gummy, he couldnt eat the chicken because he has no teeth, that why he is so depressed in Slice of Life.:P Ponies are the true monsters of the show.:muffins:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/22/2013 at 2:18 AM, QuirkyUsername said:

Could be a birth defect, gummy was just born without the natural ability to grow teeth so pinkie adopted him. Could be a possibility  ^_^

That is what I think. Maybe Fluttershy found him and Pinkie took him.

On 8/22/2013 at 6:04 PM, Scootalove said:

Gummy is probably still young, since some alligators grow their teeth when they get older. So it could be that or, just naturally toothless.

No...

This is just wrong.

Pretty much all Gators are born as tiny version of there adult selves. All there teeth already in place.

Actually gators and crocs as a rule can regrow there teeth...

• 4 years later...

I saw a theory a while back stating that gators could only be toothless if their teeth are pulled enough times, which is most likely the state Gummy is in. It was probably the only way for him to become domestic, sadly.

I think that Gummy was born toothless and I think that’s one of the reasons why Pinkie Pie adopted him, she liked how unique he was. That’s actually really sweet of her if you think about it.

I would do the same.