Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Death Welcomes- evil

Rascal~

"As you may or may not know, there is a balance. A balance between the good and the bad, Guess which one we are. And I am from the future, the very far distant future. I can guarantee you that you are all long dead, or long gone." Stardust looked at Duran, knowing he was different. "I was born, created near the end of time. A point in which creation was able to create me, for the beginning was a long time ago and that was the only point of time in which it could. I was created for the sole purpose of fixing time and balance and doing what creation could not. It created everything with the balance, but the good has been tipping the scales for too long. And that is why we are here, this is a war between the good and the evil. Something I was created and molded for. But I was created in the future, which brings... problems. Essentially my life is a paradox. I wouldn't have been created if the war didn't need to happen but if I were not created then the war would need me. Causing me to be a paradox, something I believe was intentional. But I fix time, I fix paradoxes and so I have to fix myself. I have to fight in this war whether I like it or not because I know what the outcome will be. I will be destroyed, fixed. I will be fixed from time. I'm practically doing suicide, which I don't really mind. The music usually keeps me fighting anyway. I'm being controlled by the only way creation can, by madness. I go against I get hurt, if I go with it then I die. Either way the outcome is the same. We are going to be fighting in war that has been raging from the beginning and hasn't stopped till the end. But we are going to fix it, and kill me off in the process. Any questions before we head off to bed?"

"Yeah, I got a question," Bloodlust said, still on the floor. He had woken a bit before Stardust had started her latest speech, and had chosen to say lying on the floor mainly because he just didn't want to get back up. "Are the beds any softer than the floors? Because I'm starting to get pretty comfortable laying here."

'I'm glad Stardust was able to recast her spell on me. I'm not too sure what might have happened if we had both gone into combat. Though I'm sure Stardust would be able to eventually gain control of herself, I doubt I would have. Too many ponies in the room. Might have lead to a bloodbath, might have led to me being thrown onto the back of a wagon piece by little piece.'

@,

Bloodlust stood up from his position on the floor, brushing himself off. When he was finished, he turned to look at Stardust, noticing that her eyes were still glowing, although she seemed calm as ever. "Sorry, just trying to get a little humor into the situation. You know I already agree with the plan. My main wonder is simply when the killing can begin?"

"I have a question," Diego said. "Got any hard cider around this place? Cuz if not, I'm not going to be very receptive tomorrow. I need that stuff like you won't believe. It stops me from thinking about certain things and certain ponies."

He ground his teeth together, not wanting to think about either his ex-marefriend or the foal that they had had between them. Where was that foal now? Diego didn't know and in some ways, felt it better that way. Cuz at least then the foal would have a chance to grow up free from the chaos which always surrounded Diego. He unfolded his legs and stood up.

"Hopefully, I can have a private room," he added. "Things tend to happen while I sleep; I don't generally sleep very well and get restless in the night. Sometimes I wake up to find that I've cast spells in my sleep. Guess it's the negative part of being infused with chaos. Sometimes, I wonder why I was given the power at all."

Diego knew nothing of his father, who had left before he was born. His mother, a unicorn named Shadow Star, was a gambler who prefered to spend her time playing cards in bars rather than spend it with her son.

Duran the lynx

Duran listened carefully to what the alicorn had to explain, and this was surely a surprise. He knew that Stardust was a bit different, but he didn´t expect her to be from the ending of time, an event he would enjoy to see.  “So this is all done for balance, right? And you are existing to ensure the condition of total balance because this state is not given in the future? So in the end of the fight when the balancing is done, you are going to die. I just want to get things straight.” The lynx spoke and looked at the alicorn. The lynx would recognize the feeling it got from Stardust to identify paradoxes in future to prevent them or to use them for his plans. This meeting had already paid off for him and he would enjoy to see the outcome of the plan. Also he was wondering which forces the good side would unleash to fight for their side.

The time Stardust needed to form an answer, Duran continued to analyze the rest of the group. Bloodlust was a very interesting pony who would be easy to manipulate. Since he had told about himself how he would react on the battlefield, the outcome could be calculated. Of course Duran didn´t know how Bloodlust was able to make the difference between ally and enemy, and how smart he was if he was in the other state, but as long his anger didn´t focus on the lynx there shouldn´t be any problem at all. Than there was Diego, a pony with special talents and a favour for alcoholics. Since the lynx didn´t know all abilities about this one he was a bit more careful, but he didn´t have the feeling that this one would unleash much destructive force. He was more a manipulator and this was fine with the cat. The others were now very silent so Duran kept his thoughts in mind and waited for Stardust to answer.

Thorn the ebony Timberwolf

It was true that Thorn wasn´t able to participate on a discussion like that, but as long as he could get the meaning of everyone, it was surprisingly interesting and annoying at the same time. The ponies kept talking and talking with less information and more babbling. In his dark forest the animals and especially the timber wolves just needed to growl a bit to express their intentions and to communicate. The rest of the day was mostly filled with silence and the sounds of the wilderness, and now these squeaky little voices were everywhere! He had already the feeling that most of the ponies didn´t take him seriously as a member of this gathering, more as a normal timberwolf that was somehow listening.

Of course they were wrong, he was much smarter, bigger and stronger than the rest of his kind, but since he wasn´t a creature that fought battles without reason it didn´t bother him more than 5 minutes. He accepted this, since ponies always underestimated the dark forces of the Everfree Forest ever since. He would just play the wild mindless dog made out of wood, just like that. Of course, he was too big for a normal room, so he already thought about to sleep in the lobby of this hideout. Who else was better in guarding an entrance than a watchdog, especially when it was that big as him. He snorted and looked around, and it seemed that the other ponies wanted to end this discussion. Once more, he payed attention until the end.

“So this is all done for balance, right? And you are existing to ensure the condition of total balance because this state is not given in the future? So in the end of the fight when the balancing is done, you are going to die. I just want to get things straight.”

"Yes, for what creation couldn't control we have to fix it. I was created for that sole purpose, to tip the balance back to order. But because of the state of the things now I was created, I was only born in the future because that was the only time creation could give birth to me. Me travelling to the past gives me the chance to stop the war when there still is time to fight. And if I win then I will exist no more, for the things that happened to me as a filly would no longer be there and I would be gone. If anything creation may take me away. But either I'm fixing the time paradox that is myself, because that's my responsibility. My purpose. "

Stardust explained to the lynx, she felt better that he was taking an interest again. She did feel connecter to him somehow. But she had to answer the questions the others had asked.

"Sorry, just trying to get a little humor into the situation. You know I already agree with the plan. My main wonder is simply when the killing can begin?"

"The beds are indeed softer than the floor, well. They were when I last slept in a bed, I usually sleep on the floor. I have rooms for all of you and I'm sure they have beds."

"Got any hard cider around this place? Cuz if not, I'm not going to be very receptive tomorrow. I need that stuff like you won't believe. It stops me from thinking about certain things and certain ponies."

"I do have a bar, all kinds of stuff in there. I'm sure there is some hard stuff in there. And you'll probably have one in your room. This mountain is seeping with natural magic. But I have played and modified it so that it does things automatically. So it's making a room to your specific needs right now. Perfect when I need a room to experiment."

@@Iron Wing

Stardust was waiting for the others if they had any questions to ask but then a thought came to her. The timber wolf had been kept silent for most of the discussion but she wanted to tell him something. So she tried to compile emotions and thoughts and had send them to horn, but also spoke so that other could hear and so that if she had sent was confusing and her needed something else.

"If you want to sleep here or out in the lobby its fine, Thorn. But I think I have a room already prepared for you that you may like."

Edited by rascal61

• 2 weeks later...

Duran the lynx

"Yes, for what creation couldn't control we have to fix it. I was created for that sole purpose, to tip the balance back to order. But because of the state of the things now I was created, I was only born in the future because that was the only time creation could give birth to me. Me travelling to the past gives me the chance to stop the war when there still is time to fight. And if I win then I will exist no more, for the things that happened to me as a filly would no longer be there and I would be gone. If anything creation may take me away. But either I'm fixing the time paradox that is myself, because that's my responsibility. My purpose. "

It was very interesting for the lynx and it meant that he didn´t had to worry about many things that could have happened. Since his appearance thousands of years ago, he was able to hide himself from every kind of creature, and if he wanted to explore the world, he was able to hide all of his magical power, soul emitting waves or auras. Meaning that Stardust had found him and written a letter to him meant that this just would cause that others would know about him, like this little group already did. But since they all didn´t know WHAT he was, it was an acceptable exception for him since he calculated many losses within this upcoming fights. Distraction was the best weapon he could use within these circumstances and he would proudly pull the strings to make this happen.

"I would be ready for a brake, considering that some of us had a longer way to travel than others. Resting would be fine to regenerate our strength and to calm our minds. If you have a chamber... or simple a cat basket for me, it would be acceptable." the lynx said and stretched a bit. He just looked so normal that other ponies never could think about an evil creature while seeing him. Also he hadn´t shown his other forms yet, but staying within this little form conserved energy and provided the best stealth. With great patience he was waiting for the conference to end, and that Stardust would have enough time to talk to him if needed. He had analysed her a bit, and it seemed that devoted more attention to him than to the others.

Thorn the ebony Timberwolf

Stardust was waiting for the others if they had any questions to ask but then a thought came to her. The timber wolf had been kept silent for most of the discussion but she wanted to tell him something. So she tried to compile emotions and thoughts and had send them to horn, but also spoke so that other could hear and so that if she had sent was confusing and her needed something else. "If you want to sleep here or out in the lobby its fine, Thorn. But I think I have a room already prepared for you that you may like."

Thorn listened to Stardust as she send the meaning of her words through her emotions and the aura she had. It was easy to read the meaning of this and so nodded to the things he had understood. Slowly the giant timberwolf stood up and looked into the round of ponies. For him, this discussion had reached the end, and there was nothing of importance to say anymore. Enough reason to leave this dusty room. He used his weight as carefull as possible to not damage any furniture, the ground or the walls, and elegant but also silent, which was a surprise for a timberwolf with a ton weight, he went to the exit of this room. He left it and entered the lobby, spotting a good place where he could watch the entrance of this hideout. With a single move, he sat down onto the ground, being a big building made our of wood within the room. His dangerous looking eyes fixed onto the entrance and he prepared for anything that would try to enter. Now this was his terretory, and he would guard it like the one he had in the Everfree Forest...

Edited by Iron Wing

@,

Diego looked around the room. It seemed to him that there was nothing more to say on the matter, at least, for that night and they would be doing no good if they stayed up all night talking.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to my room now," he said to the room as a whole, but looking at Stardust. "Would be a bad idea to come into my room while I'm asleep, or to try and wake me suddenly, just warning you. I don't react very well to being woken up without warning, and a pony might well find themselves covered in taffy or with an extra head. It's just how the chaos within me reacts, nothing personal."

Diego left the room, walking to the room that had been prepared for him. He found that it was exactly to his liking, with as well as a bed, a minibar with hard cider. He cracked open a bottle just to see if it was the kind he liked, and it was so he finished the bottle before lying down on the bed. Diego felt that tomorrow would be a momentious day, and at least now he had some direction to his life. Also, he could get revenge on the ponies that wouldn't accept him.

• Brohoof 1

@@Iron Wing,

"I would be ready for a brake, considering that some of us had a longer way to travel than others. Resting would be fine to regenerate our strength and to calm our minds. If you have a chamber... or simple a cat basket for me, it would be acceptable.

Stardust looked at the lynx, she had a chamber for him. Well, the mountain would provide for him. And she was sure she had a cat basket around the place. She felt calmer now, much more than before. It had seemed that the music was spiking, and now after the spike she could think clearer now.

"There's a room for you, and I'm sure that there is a basket for you if you wish."

Stardust's watched after she had spoken to Duran as Thorn walked out of the room. Well then, Stardust guessed that Thorn wanted to sleep in the lobby. She had a laboratory that had overgrown, she thought that Thorn may have preferred a room the was something like the forest.

And Again as she slightly drunk stallion also left, to his room. She looked and everyone else that was left.

@@Pinkie Paranoia,@@LittleRawr, @@Iron Wing, @@Child Of Darkness,

"If you would like, I can direct you to your rooms. I would rather that you keep to your rooms over the night while we recuperate and prepare for heading out tomorrow. Some rooms in this place I would rather that you don't enter. And then after we rest we can start our campaign on the good of this world."

• Brohoof 1

@,

" I'm taking my guitar with me. And I'd prefer that my room is really well soundproofed as well." Cleo stood up from her chair, stretching. Even if the walls are not soundproofed, I'll play anyways. She stretched her hind legs, happy to be moving again.

I've already been sitting for like an hour. An hour too long. The earth pony yawned, feeling surprisingly sleepy. Actually, maybe it's been more than an hour. I'm usually not this tired so early.

I wonder what she meant by some rooms we don't want to enter. She probably has a couple or more torture dungeons, seems like the type of pony to be into that. As much as I'd want to, I'm probably best off following that advice. Might active some traps if I go check those rooms out. Her stomach grumbled, interrupting her train of thought.

" Will there be food in my room?" She asked as her stomach complained again. When was the last time I ate? Cleo wondered. Probably a couple of days ago. She decided, answering her own question. Some soda would be nice as well, but I doubt that she has that.

• Brohoof 1

Caras had been board of all the talk now for some time, and considering how he felt, it feels like they had been there for a good hour or two, going over things that made Caras question the motives of almost everyone. 'Let's see what we have got. Out of the ones I can remember, we have:

A lynx that only talks via telepathy. I do not know why this lynx is here, he seems powerless. This Lynx is hidding somthing that I do not know and I want to find out.

A timberwolf that has been in the back of the room all this time. It has not spoken, it may lack the ability and it is bigger than most other timberwolves. My wolf may be a bit rusty but I could try and talk with him in his toung.

Cleo, not much to say about that pony, other than If she gets in my way, she will die a slow and painful death. She has done enough to make me angry, and the way she is, I may also be forced to kill her if the situation calls for it.

Stardust, out host. The mare of time and the most powerful (mortal) Alicorn alive. She called us here to fix time and restore balance, at the cost of her life from what I can tell. This I cannot allow.'

Caras got on his hooves and spoke with Stardust. "If its ok with you, I wish to return to the everfree momenterly. I left somthing that is very important to me there. Is that ok with you?" Caras awaited her response before leaving.

Edited by Child of Darkness
  • Brohoof 1

(OOC: The lynx has talked to all ponies , not just Stardust.)

Duran the lnyx

"There's a room for you, and I'm sure that there is a basket for you if you wish."

The lynx grinned playfull as he heared that Stardust even had a basket for him. Of course he would not need one, but it was nice to know that somepony made the work to prepare that good for a meeting like this. He thought about to teleport onto Stardusts back, but that would mean that he showed the other ponies something about his skills. So he decided not to teleport and walked instead to Stardusts side, sitting down next to her. "I will follow you." he said and looked around. Caras had been very silent for the time being and he could feel that he watched Duran. But this pony would not find out anything of his evil plans, not even a single clue of what Duran was up to.

"If you would like, I can direct you to your rooms. I would rather that you keep to your rooms over the night while we recuperate and prepare for heading out tomorrow. Some rooms in this place I would rather that you don't enter. And then after we rest we can start our campaign on the good of this world."

"As you wish, i will not leave my room in this state..." he answered and prepared to follow Stardust. He was pure evil and dark, a being from the dark ages, but there was something he did respect. Rules. Stardust had invited him to come here for a visit, to a meeting of great importance. Since now he was not disappointed, so he would act to the rules that were set by the host. Also, there were some dangerous ponies here and he had to think about several options. He would use the night for some calculations and for some investigation on normal circumstances. Now he just waited for the next move of Stardust.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 1

" I'm taking my guitar with me. And I'd prefer that my room is really well soundproofed as well."

" Will there be food in my room?"

Stardust nearly rolled her eyes, in her mind she thought that they had given up on the guitar. But obviously they had to keep bringing it up, though thank the dark the walls were sound proof. Cleo was sure to play in her room, and Stardust had done experiments to find out if the walls were sound proof.

" Oh, the walls are definitely soundproof. It wouldn't be very good to have ponies in the area here the screams from the others trapped here. And there is food somewhere in your room. Each room is tailored for you, so you're sure to find what you need"

"If its ok with you, I wish to return to the everfree momenterly. I left somthing that is very important to me there. Is that ok with you?"

Stardust looked over at Caras, thinking about his request. She'd rather not let him go. She was sure that she was on watch by the War Mare and she didn't want Caras to get captured. She was a very clever mare, she was sure to get him if she tried hard enough.

"Caras, what have you need in the forest? I'm sure that I should have everything you need here, we do have to be careful with our next steps. And I have been collecting many things through my travels, I'm sure to have what you need."

@Pinkie Paranoia,@LittleRawr@Iron Wing@Child of Darkness,

"If you would like to come with me, I shall take you to your chambers. And just to remind you, locked doors are definitely off limits."

• Brohoof 1

Stardust nearly rolled her eyes

Cleo narrowed her own eyes, seeing Stardust's expression. She looked like she was about to mock me. Good thing she didn't. The pony gripped her guitar a little tighter. Where I go, my guitar goes. Cleo would've said out loud, but she didn't really feel like stirring up anymore unnecessary trouble. Not more than needed, anyways.

" Oh, the walls are definitely soundproof.

" Good." Cleo muttered.

It wouldn't be very good to have ponies in the area here the screams from the others trapped here.

At her words, Cleo raised an eyebrow, but decided not to say anything.

And there is food somewhere in your room. Each room is tailored for you, so you're sure to find what you need"

Cleo nodded in satisfaction, having gotten the information that she needed. Heh, I wish my apartment was like that. She thought, thinking back to her tiny little living space in the dark depths of Manehatten. Might as well as enjoy it while it lasts, we've got to set the plan in action tomorrow. I wonder how long this whole 'war' thing is going to take.

"If you would like to come with me, I shall take you to your chambers. And just to remind you, locked doors are definitely off limits."

Cleo stood up to follow the mare, slinging her precious instrument onto her back. ​Yep, the locked rooms are definitely her torture rooms. She decided, thinking back to what Stardust had said about the soundproofing of the rooms. Hopefully my room is not going to be too close to those, soundproof or not.

• Brohoof 1

@Pinkie Paranoia,@LittleRawr@Iron Wing@Child of Darkness,

Stardust took in what Cleo said, even though it was just one word. It was good to see that a truce was at least semi-established. 

She got up from her chair and headed for the door at the end of the room, not bothering to see if the others would follow, for they were going to . She opened the door and walked out then walked past the area in which the timber wolf stood guard  it wasn't needed. Her home was impenetrable, but it showed how loyal the wolf was to the war. She walked past him and down one of the halls, the others following behind her. 

"Do not worry if you get lost, if you do. The halls will take you to the conference room if you go wandering and and get lost. The entire mountain is magic."

She kept walking, passing many doors. All of them locked, many just collectable items she had gathered through her travels. Many carrying sediment with them, they were from a point in her timeline when she was still free. When she was still a filly, no one was to go through those times.  But some were locked for a different reason, they held... things. 

Those things were mostly skeletons, of things that she had captured and left them to die. Giving them no mercy, sometimes adding torture and other pain to their deaths.  She really didn't want the others to see the rotten corpses of her victims. Many may not see her as the true pony she had become. She really was evil, many did not see that side that sometimes showed. She was truly evil, to the core. 

But one door held something different, the wall were soundproof. But she could still hear behind the door. She stopped in front of one, it wasn't one of the bed chambers, it was definitely locked. 

"This isn't a bed chamber, just to let you know. But I believe I hear something coming from in here."

Stardust stepped back, and used her magic to unlock the door. She used her hoof to open the door and a light  glistened out. Inside was a portal,  whispering things to them. Stardust walked in, with a wicked smile on her face.

Though she talked, maybe to herself or to the portal, the onlookers couldn't tell. They were probably seeing her madness, for the music was still playing in her head.

"Now what are you doing active. I thought you had shut down, well I can understand why you started back up again. You always liked war. Now, you gonna do something or what?"

She kept the door open and the portal swirled around, Stardust had no idea what the others may have been thinking.

• Brohoof 1

"Do not worry if you get lost, if you do. The halls will take you to the conference room if you go wandering and and get lost. The entire mountain is magic."

Cleo trotted after Stardust, looking straight ahead. I wonder how the war will actually be like... I've only been in small gang wars. Those don't even count, actually. I bet that it'll be amazing. A little shiver of delight passed through her. And the Princesses will be hard-pressed to stop us. I bet Zephyr will- 

Cleo gritted her teeth. Don't think about it. Don't think about it. She chanted in her head like a mantra. She could hear Stardust start to speak, and eagerly listened to her, just to get rid of her current thoughts. 

Good to know that I won't get lost. The thoughts of her dead sibling nibbled at the edges of her mind. It would really suck to get lost here. Like, a lot. The rest of her thoughts were filled with mindless chatter, anything to keep the other thoughts away.

"This isn't a bed chamber, just to let you know. But I believe I hear something coming from in here."

I wonder what it is. Cleo turned her full attention to the door, staring at it intently. 

"Now what are you doing active. I thought you had shut down, well I can understand why you started back up again. You always liked war. Now, you gonna do something or what?"

What is she talking to? Is there somepony there? Maybe a metal pony? Cleo craned her neck to get a better look. Or maybe, she's just talking to herself...

Cleo could see something, but she wasn't completely sure what it was. Is that... A portal? 

• Brohoof 1

((Here we go... time to get everyone going.))

A portal to the real world has opened again... and just when the balance needed to be restored as well. Come, my friends! It is time for us to redouble our efforts in this empire of goodness, to turn it to darkness...

From the portal, it glared ominously. And suddenly, seven voices started sound at once out of it.

"Hey! It's Stardu-"

"WHO DARES DISTURB-

"Hello, there. Arion will be glad to-"

"All the jewels in Tartarus-"

"Why, it's that healthy pony proph-"

"Not nearly enough legs arou-"

"Excellent to see you. Could you pass me that-"

ENOUGH!

A voice, louder and ancient, sounded from amongst them. There was a pause before the voice sounded again. 

Hello, my prophet. I see you have found our little pet project to re-energize the portal.

"Yes. It took me too many of my gems to-"

Hush, Mar'Del. So, while the portal is complete, it isn't very big-

"HOW OBVIOUS-"

So, I will send one demon lord to you.

"Step right up, step right up! Get ready to play the Wheel of Freedom! All bets, all comers, alright, here we go!"

The sound of a giant game wheel emaminated from the portal.

"And the winner is..."

A drum roll sounded.

"Silthril!" Loads of fake cheering took place out of the portal.

Well, then. It turns out your... love interest will be coming out of the portal relatively soon. But, obviously, not this one.

Stardust... these ponies have desecrated the rightful balance of power in Equestria. Use our forces to ensure that this disgrace will be fixed!

A smoky form started creeping it's way out of the portal. It flickered and began to lose power as Silthril tried to get as much as his essence out of Tartarus before it closed.

The voice sounded one last time.

Oh, yes. Cleo, the guitar girl. If you continue to irritate her too much, I will personally impale you with a crystal from the Heart of Tartarus itself. So stop.

And yes, this is a portal. Or, rather, was."

And with that, the portal closed, and now there was a demon taking up most of the hallway.

Two pairs of green eyes opened, and a familiar voice issued from it.

"Ah, Stardust. This must be your home. It's so narrow and long... might you have a place that is better suited for me to gather my strength to? And might you introduce me to your... friends, for a lack of a better term?"

((My intro. There you go, everypony.))

@@LittleRawr@Pinkie Paranoia, @Iron Wing@Child of Darkness@,

• Brohoof 1

(Well I could not follow what just happened in that intro, to much happened).

Caras was alerted by the noise he could hear coming from deeper in the cave. He was about to leave for the everfree, even though he know that Stardust as said against it. E decided to go and investigate the noise. When he arrived he saw Stadust, Cleo and a demon. "Well, well, well, look at this, another demon, and from the magical sent I would say another prisoner from Tartarus if I am not so much mistaken. Oh but Where are my manners, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Caras, Demon war lord of chaos, destuction and mischife. May I get your name and if it is not too personal may I know what your demonic titles are"? It had been several thousand years since Caras had seen another demon, and even longer since he saw one of this power. Demons like him are ones you did not see every day. Even in a prison full of demons. Caras was still concered about this demon though. Being one himself, he knew that most demons where, un-trusted and most just looked out for themselves. 'I hope he is not part of that group of demons'

• Brohoof 1

"Hey! It's Stardu-" "WHO DARES DISTURB- "Hello, there. Arion will be glad to-" "All the jewels in Tartarus-" "Why, it's that healthy pony proph-" "Not nearly enough legs arou-" "Excellent to see you. Could you pass me that-"

Cleo jumped back from the sudden voices, startled. What the hell is going on? What are those voices? Slowly, she creeped forward to look at the strange thing again.

She winced at the strange voices emanating through the portal. My head's starting to hurt. Just a little bit...

A smoky form started creeping it's way out of the portal. It flickered and began to lose power as Silthril tried to get as much as his essence out of Tartarus before it closed.

" Okay, what in the wide world of Equestria is tha-" 

Oh, yes. Cleo, the guitar girl. If you continue to irritate her too much, I will personally impale you with a crystal from the Heart of Tartarus itself. So stop.   And yes, this is a portal. Or, rather, was."

She was interrupted when she heard the voice in her head. What's with them mind-readers or whatever and interrupting me? She thought crossly. 

​Irritating her? She's irritating me! Cleo shot back, but the portal had already closed. She glared at it, while trying to figure out what the heck had happened. 

I assume that the thing that had talked to me was a demon or some crap like that, if the threat was any indication. And the thing which came through the portal...

And with that, the portal closed, and now there was a demon taking up most of the hallway.   Two pairs of green eyes opened, and a familiar voice issued from it.

...Is right in my face. Great. She backed away from the thing, only for her rump to hit the wall opposite. Damn Stardust and her hallways!

Demon war lord of chaos, destuction and mischife

...stupidity, assholery, to name a few. Cleo thought, smirking just a little. Oh, so he's nice to that guy but not to me? Cleo had already forgotten that she had been the one to aggravate him first. Racist jerk.

@,

Awesome intro. Made me laugh at the drumroll part xD 

• Brohoof 1

Duran the lynx

Oh, yes. Cleo, the guitar girl. If you continue to irritate her too much, I will personally impale you with a crystal from the Heart of Tartarus itself. So stop.

Duran listened very carefully to the words coming from the portal. So the music from Cleo irritated or disturbed the inner peace of Stardust. That was very important and usefull information for the lynx. Now he thought about it and rated her anew, giving her a much higher importance than others he already had priorized. Now he was very interested in the music that Cleo was able to generate with her guitar. He watched her and decided that he would sooner or later talk to her.

"Ah, Stardust. This must be your home. It's so narrow and long... might you have a place that is better suited for me to gather my strength to? And might you introduce me to your... friends, for a lack of a better term?"

Duran looked as the portal opened, voices were heared adn a demon manifested within the room. It was interesting, but did not even slightly change his plans, so this wasn´t as interesting than other creatures he already met. A demon was just a misguided creature of the borders beyond chaos, well aware of itself but not always in control of emotions or magical power. They were not better or worse than ponies, since they also had different types among them and several circles of power. Duran, who had watched the spectacel from a corner of the room analyzed the situation. Yet another member of this party had arrived, so he guessed. Finally the Demon started to talk and asked for introduction.

Since Duran did not want to build up a mind link to a demon, he stayed silent instead. He calculated every risk that could come from this creature and what he would do to counter every possible ability. Since the demon hadn´t introduce himself but the name was introduced by the portal, Duran didn´t feel like it was important for the demon to know their names. Slowly he walked away from his corner and sat down next to Cleo. This evening would probably be very interesting...

• Brohoof 1

"Well, well, well, look at this, another demon, and from the magical sent I would say another prisoner from Tartarus if I am not so much mistaken. Oh but Where are my manners, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Caras, Demon war lord of chaos, destuction and mischife. May I get your name and if it is not too personal may I know what your demonic titles are"?

"My name is Silthril. I come from the PLANE of Tartarus, not the prison of ancient spirits. The permanent portals of both are within a hundred yards of each other, and both guarded by Cerberus, and both residents are called demons. In fact, most of the prisoners of Tartarus are demons that were captured instead of destroyed and sent back to the plane. It is a common mistake... for a pony." He smirked. "And why would my titles be too personal? I am Lord Silthril, Master of the 35th layer of Tartarus, Commandant of the Fifth Skin, Master of Snakes, Exarch to Lord Void, Master of Tartarus." A smoky hand consolidated itself and extended itself from the cloud. "Pleasure to meet you."

...stupidity, assholery, to name a few.

"You think so loud you might as well be talking. In fact, stop thinking and start talking, or I will give everyone in this room the ability to read your thoughts and specifically your thoughts." The demon smiled. "Although I agree with you for the most part, if it makes you feel any better. Though what exactly I agree with you about I will not disclose. I may be a smoky cloud of energy right now, but I can guarantee that you aren't. It would be unfortunate if you became a smudge on the ground because of this warlord."

Oh, so he's nice to that guy but not to me?

"He's nice to me because, first, you have been irritating everyone around you. Second, I am a fellow demon. Third, if he isn't nice to me, then the moment this form becomes stable, I will electrocute him in front of everyone. He will survive- barely- but he will be humiliated for all time amongst you all. Which I assume he does not want."

"Now, Stardust? Weren't you going to introduce me? Or tell me where I can get uncramped and out of everyone's faces? It is rather uncomfortable, for both me and your guests."

((@,))

@,

Stardust rolled her eyes, her old friend was something nice to see but she was a little pissed off. The music in her head slightly playing her mood.

"Now, Stardust? Weren't you going to introduce me? Or tell me where I can get uncramped and out of everyone's faces? It is rather uncomfortable, for both me and your guests."

"Well you know, if everybody here let me speak Introductions would have been done by now. But no, you just gotta come into my home and prance around the place. You didn't even bring Arion, you're in my bad books Slith.  Actually no, Arion would have been much more help, why didn't you send him instead?"

Stardust shocked her head, it was nice to speak to her friend though. Even if her love wasn't there she could still enjoy herself. Though the music didn't really say so.

"Well then, might as well introduce you now. As you know this is Caras."

Stardust pointed at Caras, she wasn't really in the mood to do anymore and she was kinda annoyed.

"This is Cleo, she plays Guitar. And you know my torture works."

"This is Bloodlust, He's not exactly right in the head so I've had to put a compression spell on his mind so he can talk properly."

Stardust bowed as she introduced Duran, giving him the respect he deserved and for the fact that they could be related.

"And this is Duran the Lynx."

"Some others in our party have already gone to bed, we've been at this planning stage for over 7 seven hours now. And we can head back  to my conference room so you can recharge and explain why Arion ain't here."

Slowly he walked away from his corner and sat down next to Cleo.

Cleo frowned darkly when he came to sit down beside her. What the hell does he want? She opened her mouth to tell him to leave, but closed it again. I'm too tired to deal with any of this. I'll let him stay. She decided, but her scowl did not leave her face.

"You think so loud you might as well be talking. In fact, stop thinking and start talking, or I will give everyone in this room the ability to read your thoughts and specifically your thoughts." The demon smiled.

The white earth pony's scowl deepened. Stay the fuck away from me. I haven't done anything to you. 

"Although I agree with you for the most part, if it makes you feel any better. Though what exactly I agree with you about I will not disclose. I may be a smoky cloud of energy right now, but I can guarantee that you aren't. It would be unfortunate if you became a smudge on the ground because of this warlord."

Yada yada yada. I don't really care all that much. Let me propose an agreement for you; me and the other demon guy over there have the same one. You stay away from me, I stay away from you. Capish?

With that, she attempted to to the same thing that she had done to Caras; she pushed the demon out of her mind. She then put up a surprisingly strong mental barrier around her mind, fueled by her will. It's like building a wall. Cleo figured. This 'wall' probably won't last too long though... Oh well. Better enjoy the privacy of my thoughts until the damn mind-readers break it down again.

"He's nice to me because, first, you have been irritating everyone around you. Second, I am a fellow demon. Third, if he isn't nice to me, then the moment this form becomes stable, I will electrocute him in front of everyone. He will survive- barely- but he will be humiliated for all time amongst you all. Which I assume he does not want."

Cleo was playing a song in her head, blatantly ignoring what he was saying. All but empty veiled threats.

"This is Cleo, she plays Guitar.

Cleo scowled a little at Slith when she was introduced, but didn't say anything. 

"Some others in our party have already gone to bed, we've been at this planning stage for over 7 seven hours now. And we can head back  to my conference room so you can recharge and explain why Arion ain't here."

" I want to go to my room as well. It's not like I'll be paying attention to what you two will be saying anyways." Cleo pointed out. She stood up, ready to go.

@

The demon narrowed his eyes at Stardust's statements and Cleo's hostile reactions, but silently moved his shadowy bulk down the hallway and into the conference room, where it was revealed that this shady cloud had a form, even if it was rather indistinct.

----------((Later))----------

"Well, then, Stardust. Arion didn't come because, first off, not so long ago, Relanio's entire group was attacked by a coven of white mages. Arion took the brunt of it. He's barely stable enough in Tartarus, let alone in the real world. And I don't think you would appreciate me if I bring him here just to have him go poof and not come back until I pieced his essence back together." He sighed. "Still, he will have obtained enough energy to at least manifest in Equestria within the next few days- which is about how long it will take me to open the portal and Relanio, Arion, and a few others back in." He sighed. "And then... what? Do you have a plan? Were we the plan? Or did those seven hours in conference actually mean something?"

Silthril's smoky form was hanging around the room. While waiting on an answer, he stole a look at Thorn, who was still guarding the entrance, before examining the room.

Edited by Thunder Knight

Duran the lynx

Stardust bowed as she introduced Duran, giving him the respect he deserved and for the fact that they could be related. "And this is Duran the Lynx."

Duran observed everything that was going on in this room, and he noticed how Stardust was acting more formal if he got her attention. Also the feeling he got from her was different than he had imagined. As he now was a longer time near the mare, he realized that there was a connection between him and her, something strange was going on and he already had an idea how to check this. He closed his eyes and concentrated on his sleeping core. Silence... darkness... a small green light in the darkness like a heartbeat... than another one. He slowly awakened his core, but not too much since he didn´t wanted that the other creatures around him got a feeling about his power. He started to focus on Stardust and got his soul and magical power in sync with the soul radiation she was emitting. As he opened his eyes with a slightly glowing light in it, he send a pulse to the mare and waited for response. Within this pulse, he send knowledge of his past to Stardust so that she could get a small view of what he was.

Beyond the dark gates of Turial, there was a hidden dimension that contained everything within the raw ancient form of powers. The darkness itself, wild magical strings that formed within the void, the nothingness. Everything was there, and at the same time wasn´t. Duran was at home there before he was forcefully removed and dragged into the Equestrian world. Bound to the law of the material world, he manifested into raw magical dense energy. Energy that gained additional awareness because it entered this world. But Duran already had a consciousness, so it happened that the second one build up like a layer, in control of the functions of the core. As the dark magician who had summoned bound him to magical rules and artifical commands, he was placed into a dark dungeon as a guardian. But the spell wasn´t perfect, so it had it´s errors in the forumlar. He perhaps killed his master and searched a way out of the dungeons. The magical form needed a container, and so it happened that a form was chosen and a soul was absorbed and adapted to this singularity. A lynx had been chosen as the container, and a third soul layer was bound to the entity. Duran as he was existing now was created. The pure darkness and raw magic from a place beyond space and time, from a sinister world of concentrated darkness and beyond the normal laws of magic was captured as a power core, dampened by 3 soul layers to garantuee a strong mind, fast processing of thoughts and different emotional stages and logical thinking.

He was artificial and yet not from this world. He had learned to live this way and as the 3 souls had synced and harmonized with each other, all were different but at the same time the same creature. He was not really alive, but not dead either, not bound to the laws of this dimension, but restricted in his power, yet a powerfull being and from the fur down to the core.... evil. Since eons he watched the creatures of Equestria, calculating, studying and learning every possible knowledge. He was cold, designing and sinister, laughing within about the pathetic mortals and immortals within this world. He was planning since thousands of years and finally everything seemed to move, the goal within the grasp of his paws. He would stay silent, since he was able to endure the time since he arrived here, and the programming of his former summoner had been adopted into his entire being. But still within this pulse, he was not telling Stardust what he was able to do with his powers. It contained too much risk to reveal everything, so he waited for a response.

Edited by Iron Wing

@,

Diego had gone to his room, but wasn't asleep. He had instead poked around in the mini bar in his room and had drunk the contents of quite a few bottles. He had a very hard head for alcohol, so the amount which would have floored most other ponies barely even scratched the surface as far as Diego was concerned. He didn't really pay much attention to the sounds outside in the corridor, until a loud noise penetrated his befuddled mind and caused him to leave his room and go to see what the ruckus was all about.

"Someponies are trying to rest, you know," he muttered as he trotted out of his room and towards the focus of the disturbance. He was in time to see the demon emerge, but stood in silence rather than try to engage him. Diego felt drawn towards this demon, which was not surprising given that the demon was of a chaos bent, which complimented his own powers. Could this demon possibly make his own power greater? That was definitely something to keep in mind. Diego narrowed his eyes as he approached the stranger.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, then, Stardust. Arion didn't come because, first off, not so long ago, Relanio's entire group was attacked by a coven of white mages. Arion took the brunt of it. He's barely stable enough in Tartarus, let alone in the real world. And I don't think you would appreciate me if I bring him here just to have him go poof and not come back until I pieced his essence back together." He sighed. "Still, he will have obtained enough energy to at least manifest in Equestria within the next few days- which is about how long it will take me to open the portal and Relanio, Arion, and a few others back in." He sighed. "And then... what? Do you have a plan? Were we the plan? Or did those seven hours in conference actually mean something?"

"I wish I could have been there, I could have helped. You know White mages have trouble with me, and Arion wouldn't have been so hurt either. But at least he will be here soon. And we do have a plan, which doesn't really involve you but you're added involvement would definitely be helpful. We do have a plan, but I think you would understand it better if you knew the reason. You know of my torture, of my ... Creation. Well, I am fulfilling my creation's purpose.  So, the plan.

We are, in the morning mind you, going to go out. In two teams, one who will go political and will go out to towns and such and rule a little anarchy, while the other is just a fighting force. Of Course I'll be in the fighting one due to the fact that... that... ...that"

Stardust slowed, her mind racing with information. She, she got so much. She could see the images race in front of her eyes, of Duran's past. The emotions and actions filled her head, and she took it all in. The information was processing through her mind in seconds, her mind easily above others and able to process many things at once. What else could have happened when you were the mare of time, having to manipulate and control it. The information stopped, the images still there. Though Stardust had done this once before, she knew what to do next. Since Duran gave her something of her past, she would give him some of hers. 

Though Stardust had to choose from what time period, and then it came to her. From the beginning, but summarise everything in her life. It would be easier. 

Stardust sent Duran her life story.

Creation is not an actual being, not of that something that could be seen. But creation does exist and still plays apart in the world. In the beginning creation had made a balance, between all that was good and all that was bad and evil. This balance would be the core of the world,the backbone if you will. And if the balance is out things change, things go wrong. For both parties. Creation knew that this balance was the most important thing, and that keeping it there would be the most important thing.

As the world Creation made grew the balance was threatened, by ponies and others defeating the bad in the world and taken over the most of control. But by the time creation could see this it was too late, it couldn't enter the world in which it had created. So it devised another way to control the world. But the only way for it to do anything was to make a mare, a mare who would serve her purpose when she grew and be Creations worker. Creations Soldier. But again, another problem, the only time the Mare could be created was near of the time, when the universe it had created was near the end. And so Creation thought up a plan, for since The mare was needed in the past yet would be born in the future she would be given the power to control Time, so that she could travel back and do her purpose. 

And that was how Stardust was born, The mare of Time created. But she was born, not from anypony but she was still born a filly. And grew up with the other in her time. 

​Stardust grew up in an orphanage, and no other fillies and colts lived there wither. She was alone in the creepy old house with an abusive caretaker, who did not care for her. In fact, everypony hated Stardust. She had done nothing to them, and they all boasted about their heritage. All those that had abused Stardust had all their ancestors of a heroic nature. All of Stardust tormentors were the descendants of the heroes of today. 

More images of Stardust's past was sent to Duran, that of her own and her tormentors  And the story continued with her finding the entrance to her home, to her finding her talent in the magic of Time. The scene of where her ears were ripped off burned bright amongst the memories. Stardust gave so many things to duran, bearable to control the flow. She hoped that he would have a better understanding by the time he went through it all.

As Stardust grew she became wiser, but she was still a filly on the inside. For since she was the mare of Time her clock slowed, her body aging till a certain point but her inner age slowly down even further. Stardust grew old, her body staying the same and on the inside gaining aga even slower, but the years she had spent alive grew at the normal rate. But Stardust was turning slightly as she grew older, before she was kind. She cared for others, she helped them and entertained the young. She was a good mare, but then the madness started. 

Stardust did not know, but it was creation. Finally there to control its Soldier. And endless song entered her mind, an endless melody  An endless music forever playing in her head. Stardust was tortured everyday, every minute, every second for her entire life. She started to change, snapping ant ponies and becoming more sarcastic, eventually her behaviour change completely. Her starting to hurt others, to come up with grand schemes for things. And her signature smile came into play. She was mad, by creations act. The endless music. 

Though it was a battle for Stardust, she didn't want to change, and she battle the music every single second. Until she snapped, she broke. She lost her battle. And so the fun began, with Creation leading her every move with the music. And that was where Stardust was now, fulfilling her purpose that creation had made her for. But there was a catch, always a catch.

Because of how she was created, how she was born. Because of her purpose, she was a paradox. 

There are rules in time, many of which Stardust follows. Though there is one that she doesn't follow.

'All paradoxes have to be fixed, as the Mare of time you must keep it in check'

That was one rule she could only follow by doing her purpose, her purpose was to kill herself. 

Stardust Gave Duran her memories, of her past. To show him what had happened, to give him all the emotions she had felt. All the pain, to show him.