Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Death Welcomes- good

Rascal~

((Yay filler posts.))

Jaeger looked up at Fire, he wasn't a big fan of being ignored. He could tell that she wasn't the friendly, go lucky type, but he knew that starting a conflict with her wasn't in his best interest. Givin their backgrounds it was understandable for him to not be the best in her eyes.

His ears perked up when she mentioned the demontouched, he had heard of them as well, he had only seen them in battle once, in his old days in the military, they were defiantly a sift for sore eyes when it came to demons. "Wow, really? They are something." he said grinning widely.

His face came serious again as he picked up the file once again, flipping through the pages. "So what pushed us to this, it seems like really no large attacks were brought against Stardust, or as far as I can conclude with my lack of knowledge on the subject, what exactly has she done this time? Or what is she going to do?" he decided that it would be best to get on Fire's good side, he really didn't want somepony to be hostile with, especially in a situation like this.

• Brohoof 1

It took some time for Zycrin to get back to the military base, but when he got back, he made his way to the room where all of the ponies where gathered. 

"Well then, it seems that almost nothing has happened since I left, but did I hear something about the demontouched, if they have been called in to help us out, the situation must be worse than I originally thought."

Zycrin did not want anyone to hear what he had to say next, this was for Fire's ears only.

"You cannot hide the facts from me, I know why you have called us all here. I know what is happening with the world, the facts are clear, the world is in trouble, and it is all out of balance. You need us to stop the world from descending into a world of chaos and destruction. The question I have for you is, are you going to tell the rest of them what is going on, or are you going to keep them in the dark about everything that is important to the world."

Zycrin smiled behind his mask and took a seat at the table and waited for what Fire will do next in response to what he had just said.

"You cannot hide the facts from me, I know why you have called us all here. I know what is happening with the world, the facts are clear, the world is in trouble, and it is all out of balance. You need us to stop the world from descending into a world of chaos and destruction. The question I have for you is, are you going to tell the rest of them what is going on, or are you going to keep them in the dark about everything that is important to the world."

Fire Sharp looked at the mercenary, a scowl forming on her lips. She was about to answer the other stallions question before he had walked in. And she got mad, really mad. 

She had no idea of what was happening, and if anything the fact that he suddenly knew what was going on after his little trip certainly rang some warning bells. 

"How the fuck did you get that information!? How the hell did you get information that the PRINCESSES themselves and the best intelligent workforce in the world only got a day ago. The fuck with it, we knew about it before she did."

Fire brought her gun out, a handgun, a glock 9. Her magic was making it float next to her, it aiming at the mercenary. She used her hoof to reach under the table, pressing the button to alert the soldiers in the base. And all doors, windows and any other way out were locked down. 

She took a step towards him a grabbed his jacket with her hoof, bringing his masked face close to her unmasked one.

"How the hell did you get information that only things on her side could get. If you weren't exactly a traitor."

Jaeger rolled his eyes as another pony walked in and began to speak to Fire Sharp, low enough that he could not hear it. He rolled his eyes being cut off again. "Celestia she must really not like me." he thought, a frown on his face, his ear perked up and he turned his head as Fire Sharp slowly began to raise the volume of her voice.

As it became more intense Jaeger slowly began to reach for his revolver, .44 magnum, just in case things got out of hoof. "She has kept her cool this long, what would cause her to lash out like this. When Fire Sharp pulled out her pistol and brought the other pony close, grabbing him by his jacket, this pushed Jaeger over the edge.

He stood quickly, almost knocking his chair over in the process. He drew his revolver but wasn't sure who to point it at and began to regret even drawing it in the first place. "Hey what the fuck is wrong with you! I don't know what the hell he said, but I am sure that there are better ways to handle this than pointing guns at everypony." he yelled, think how much of a hypocrit that statement made him.

Edited by Frosty V

"Canterlot again..." muttered White Rose. "We should just move the entire base to Canterlot. and be done with it."

"But, White, then you wouldn't be able to see your family," reasoned Shadow Seer.

And then you'd be that much more of a miserable grump, added Ixkom, the spirit of chaos bound to White.

The Demontouched had entered the area recently, and, although Raze was currently dealing with some trouble of a necromancer in the southern Equestria, that left three of them- three ponies with an awful lot of experience destroying demons.

The Jester of Death sighed. "I'd be able to kill things a lot quicker, though."

"All the demonic uprisings recently... who says somepony like Stardust, Vaas, or Acheron is behind it this time?" said White.

I hope it's not Vaas. That was horrific.

Shadow Seer stopped and cocked her head before jogging to an entirely different place other than the front of Canterlot Castle.

"Err... Shadow? Where are you going?"

"I hear raised voices."

The other two followed quite quickly after that. The Jester chuckled. "Ah, a fight." His cannons snapped out of his armor and spun up.

Shadow Seer rounded the corner first and quickly stopped, preparing to use her magi. "Fire Sharp, unless you have a good reason, put the gun down."

The Jester poked his head around the corner. "Did I hear traitor?" He stepped fully out from around the corner, revealing his two energy cannons spun up and prepared to fire. "Who gets to die today?" he proclaimed to the rest of the room.

White then entered the room. "Put the cannons away. You are giving a bad example and image."

"Hmph. Fine. Well, I'm going to go blow some stuff up while you brainiacs think. For the record, I was here." He walked out of the room. White shook her head. "Fire, who is this, and why are you pointing a gun at him?"

Zycrin was not at all surprised by her reactions, in fact he had seen I coming a mile away. But he knew he had to get out of the situation or else he may very well get a bullet through his head.

"Fire, I suggest that you let me go and holster you weapon, I do not take kindly to threats. So let's calm down and put our weapons away. All of us."

Zycrin could not resist another opertunity to rile up Fire some more. So he spoke via telepathy again.

"Go on, do it, pull the trigger, and get rid of your only acess to knowledge outside of your grasp. Go on, kill me, I dare you. There are ponies out there, who will be quite upset if I die. Do you want to take the risk."

Zycrin started to chuckle out loud as he finished his sentence and then looked at the rest of the group.

"I bet you are all wondering what made Fire attack me, well, are you going to tell them, or are you going to let them wonder? And who have we here, If I am not mistaken I belive you are the demontouched, eliet demon hunters and killers if I am not mistaken."

Zycin said that last sentence in a rather noticable sarcastic tone, hopeing it would inspire touch of anger in them.

(I love Role Playing as a jerk)

@@@Child Of Darkness,

Fire looked him dead in the eye, or where the mask was. She was angry, and quite serious. The gun didn't go down but she moved her face away from his. 

"You utter another single word and I will shoot you."

Fire was looking him dead in the eye, she had absolutely nothing against shooting the stallion. 

@,

Fire looked at the demon touched who were at the door when she spoke to them.

"Bring back the Jester, I have a traitor for him to blow up. This is the mercenary Zyrin, who's been having dealings with the other side." 

Then she went back to looking at the stallion. But she was talking to everyone in the room.

"Zycrin here learnt something that could have only been disclosed to him by something on her Side. He left not long ago knowing nothing then coming back with all the fucking answers. And I know you could have only gotten the information by something on her side because that's how we got our info, by dealing with something on her side. So now I'm going ot hand you over to the Jester so that he can take care of  you. Because I don't want a traitor like you to be the reason why everyone here dies, why all of equestria will die."

Zycrin looked around the room another time listening fully well to what Fire was saying. 'So if I speak again, I will get shot, or I can wait and get excecuted by a demontouched, a group inexperianced idiots. I don't like this, I'm leaving. But first one last aggrovation to seal the deal.' Zycrin went into his pocket and pulled out a small ball.

"Hey Fire, smoke bomb."

Zycrin through the small ball onto the ground and it exploded creating a large cloud of thick smoke in the room the ponies where in.

"Try and shoot me, wait, I'm not even here anymore."

Zycrin teleported to main gate of the military base, looking back and laughing like the maniac he was. He then siad one final thing to fire via telepathy.

"Amature."

Zycrin trotted towards the everfree forest, from there he would resupply from one of his hidden stashes, dotted through out Equestria. From there he will head to the crystal mountains where his main home was situated.

'These ponies need my help and they may get it one day, but not today at least. Maybe tomorrow.'

(I'm having way too much fun with this right now)

Edited by Child of Darkness

@@Child Of Darkness,

The ventilation in the base was already going at full speed when the stallion had released the smoke bomb, so the smoke cleared quite quickly.  

But what was left was a Commanding general with her gun holstered. Her face blank as she took her anger, locked it away in a tiny little bottle in her head. It ready for it to be smashed at a later date.

"When I see him next, I will blast his brains out."

Fire was completely emotionless when she spoke, but turned her head to the Demon Touched. But more specifically White Rose, Fire couldn't see the jester of Death right this second so she spoke to her instead

"You can Release the Jester onto him if you wish, no one is going to say anything. Lets say he'll be my responsibility if he does anything stupid. We have enough on the stallion to get him for banishment. But if something happens during capture then no one's going to mind."

Fire was still emotionless, something she had learned through years of working in the military. And for all those times she had lost ponies out on the field. She had to have a way to control all her emotions and she found a way. And it came useful when she needed those emotions.

• Brohoof 1

As the smoke bomb hit, Shadow Seer almost immediately brought up a force field blocking the doorway, but was too slow. White took a big breath of the smoke, as it came extremely quickly, and doubled over, coughing. When it cleared, she had recovered, but she still was flushed with both a lack of air and somewhat anger.

"You better not mean that, pony, or else I will start destroying- Ooph!"

The Jester of Death walked face-first directly into the force field. He backed off and knocked on it. "Hello? Shadow Seer, it's me. Can I come in?"

Shadow Seer sighed in disappointment and entered. "Well, everypony- hey, where'd that scumbag go?"

"He hit the forest," said White. "Get hunting."

"Excellent." He grinned. He quickly stripped of his armor, revealing a bone-white pony with a skull mask fused to his face, cloaked in black and with one giant scythe on his back, glittering evilly. He looked around at the others, stopping at Jaeger. "I remember you... didn't we have that drinking contest a while ago?"

"Please go. Now."

"Fine, fine. You are no fun." He winked at him. "When I come back... me. You. A bottle of whiskey." He walked out.

Shadow Seer sighed. "Alright... Now, what drove you to pull a pistol on him again, Ms. Sharp? And, the one detail you didn't touch on in your message- who are we fighting?"

The Jester of Death sniffed the air outside, gliding through the forest like a banshee. Cloaked like he was, he almost perfectly resembled Mr. D whenever he decided to become a specter in Equestria. He prided himself on the fact that he looked like Death, although, technically, he needed a bigger scythe. Meh. He was only an aspect, anyways. He scratched at his mask as he continued to move through the underbrush, looking for signs of the scumbag. And interesting word, scumbag. But accurate.

As he was creeping along, he caught sight of his victim through the thick treelines. A smile graced his face as he drew his scythe. Normally, it would have glittered, but, in the lack of light, it was merely black, blending in to the trees. In fact, the only thing that could be visible were the ever-so-slightly unobscured bone-white tips of his hooves... though it didn't matter, as he enjoyed his prey struggling before he finished them...

((Time to scare some socks off...))

Edited by Thunder Knight

Zycrin had a strong feeling that they would send one of the demontouched to kill him, and that was not going to happen. 'I have lived through worse situations that this, I am not going to die here today. I'm gonna need some back up on this one.'

Zycrin took out his parchment and quill and wrote a letter to Caras.

"My dear friend.

I need your help as soon as I can, the demontouched are coming for me, soon, I think they may know where I live in the crystal mountains. I need your help as soon as I can, bring anyone who you can we are going to need a few ponies to fight off this guy.

Please hurry

Zycrin"

'I hope this gets to him fast, I need his help.'

Zycrin cast his magic on the parchment and it took of into the air and towards the foal mountains. If this was going to be a final stand agains a demon hunter, he was going to make sure he left his mark on them. Zycrin went down a small hatch, hidden in the back of his house. In there lay his most prized sword, bow and arrows, and his key componant to his effectiveness as an assassin. Poison. So powerful it could bring down a might Cerberus with the amount he was coating his arrows and sword with.

"Let's see them take me down now."

Edited by Child of Darkness
  • Brohoof 1

"Alright... Now, what drove you to pull a pistol on him again, Ms. Sharp? And, the one detail you didn't touch on in your message- who are we fighting?"

Fire looked towards the demon touched once again, she told them once already but maybe it needed to be extended on.

"He's obviously working for the Mare of Time's side. He went of to do something, before he had no clue as to what was going on. And when he comes back he's got all the answers. We didn't even figure things out till yesterday. And we knew what was happening before she did.  And I can not deal with idiots trying to play a game here, this is the fate of everything in Equestria, and stupid colts trying to gain something is not going to work with me. I've had team after team die because of what she did to them, and this may be the only chance we have of killing her. To end her."

Fire looked back at the others, she could still work on getting a plan sorted. But she truly had enough of just sitting there, they needed to get something done. They needed to finish this as quickly as possible so that no one could get hurt and further. Fire then looked directly at the pegacorn who said that she wanted to go through the archives. But the other could easily hear and understand what she was saying.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"I can take you to the archive now if you want, so that you can get started. Now that this happened he's probably  going to run back or run home so we have to get started somewhere. Looking through the archives would be good start right now. And then maybe we can come up with a solid plan then move out. We have to start somewhere guys, or we are all gonna die."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, Ms. Sharp." said Shadow. She turned to White. "So it is Stardust."

Great. The music-hating grump of a demon summoner. Do me a favor, White, and make sure that I don't have to try and invade her mind again? That was one creepy place, and she noticed me almost the moment I entered it.

White sighed- and started as the pile of the Jester's armor on the ground vanished.

White glanced at Shadow Seer worriedly before turning back to Fire Sharp. "As you say, we must get started somewhere. I think that if you have anything regarding Stardust I would like to see it as well."

Shadow Seer nodded. "Yes, the Inquisition has been quite... secretive about this subject, to say the least. I haven't even gotten Karma to tell me more about this pony than we've learned already."

What do you mean by the Inquisition has been secretive? The Inquisition is always secretive about anything they don't want revealed- even to us. I'm starting to think that it is intentional.

"Well, more secretive than usual. And I think the Inquisition thinks that they are above and beyond everything."

Shh... you hear that?

"What?"

Way out there, five miles of rock under us, Grand Inquisitor Karma just said, "I heard that, White Rose."

"Be quiet, Ixkom," said White, a small scowl on her face.

@, Glory replied, "Yes, take me to the archives now. As far as I can see, the only way we're going to be able to save Equestria is to learn as much as we can about what we're facing."

The pegacorn mare sighed, heavily. She wished that one of her prophecies would come up now and tell her what she needed to know, but such was life; her prophecies never came for the asking, and whenever they did, they were often so cryptic that Glory strugged to understand them. She often wished that she could have been given a more useful talent, but then, that's what came from being the daughter of a chaos mage. At least, that's what Glory thought in her more depressing moments.

But perhaps it would help her; after all, her mother, Shadow Star, was a gambler and this mission was in itself a gamble as nopony knew just what was going to happen to all of them, and there was that genuine possibility that they could all end up dead. But at least they would have tried their utmost best to rid Equestria of a threat which would damage the entire world and all who lived there.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The door opened again, revealing a warrior in full black plate armor with a large axe on his back. He looked at the occupants and sighed. "I see why you need help, Mrs. Sharp. This isn't exactly the most... promising of elite teams to take to fight demons." He sighed. "My name is Lord Inquisitor Captain Darkblade of the Branch of Twilight. I bring with me Inquisitor Terra Lionmane of the Branch of Celestia and Inquisitor Selune of the Branch of Luna. I also bring with me- although not present here- twenty of the Black Legion in five-pony squads." He turned to Fire Sharp. "Consider this your Inquisitorial help, general."

White glanced at the others. "Well... I am glad that the Inqui- Ah!"

White flinched at the sudden appearance of the upper half of a pony skull, eye holes glowing a demonic red, glaring at her with impatience. She recognized what it was and then sighed. "Go find a new pony quickly and meet us back here. Considering that you are here in this form, means that you obviously have news for us."

The skull rushed out the room, eyed suspiciously by the Lord Inquisitor Darkblade. "I was not aware that you used what you hunt to hunt with..."

At this, Shadow Seer looked down silently, as though trying to hide her reaction, while White explained, "No, he's not a demon. But he still needs a more physical representation on this realm."

"Ah..." Still suspicious, he looked into the hallway. "Terra, Selune, if you could come in here...?"

@

Edited by Thunder Knight

@, Selune was drawn in her own thoughts... a busy and restless mind she was. Ever since she joined Luna's "Inquisitor" division she had an everlasting question "When does the fight end?" Somehow it seemed that the villains rising up against Equestria never ceased to end. Didn't they already know how hard it was to conquer Equestria? Didn't they realise they would never win? She guessed settling for that belief was like resinging and she would never do that... Relaxing was not what she would want, earning her victories was. Her mind was a restless one and she would not just stand and watch while her friends did things for her.

As if these thoughts were a call she hears now the voice of Shadow Seer. He seeks to introduce them... and in a kind of confusion she thinks she is far behind. She starts to cast a teleportation spell but halfway through it she realises she hasn't strayed too far. Stopping the spell now however was not an option right now. A twin black halo with a red glow appears in the room in front with a black sphere in the middle.

544016685a296f94e9618f24d0641079.jpg?137

A short white glow afterwards the effect shatters and she appears. "Alright Selune keep you cool... you might just have wasted a little bit of your energy on a state-wide teleportation spell, but at least you can still look cool right?" She smiles at everyone and bows a bit greeting them.

"Hello my name is Selune Darkeye. Pleased to be meet you all."

Terra on the other hoof had different thoughts before entering. Usually his superiors said the this is "Just another routine mission"... why do they always say that? Of course it's a routine mission... you haven't done anything yet. It's the choices you make, everything that happens along the way... choosing the paths. They turn that mission to anything BUT routine... This time however he had a feeling, a strange premonition that this was gonna end this world burning... He heard his name, Selune panicked and teleported in front introducing herself trying to keep her cool. He smiles and walks in closely...

"I see you have met my friend Selune... my name is Terra Lionmane. Me and my friend will be aiding you in the protection of Equestria. Might we know your names?"

• Brohoof 1

Fire looked towards the door, so much activity in so many minutes. She just had a traitor walk out of here, the Inquisition just walk in, like they always do. And now a couple of more ponies, and a couple of squads of black legion. Today was definitely more eventful than others. 

@,@@Pripyat Pony,

Fire was talking to both mares that shared interest at the archives now, though they would probably have to move location in order to get there. So she needed to tell everypony. 

"I'll take you to the archives, they're actually at the castle. So we're going to have to go there if you want to research anything. And everyone else, I'm sure there's some ponies there that do want to talk to you all. And maybe we may all have the gravity of the situation hit us there. "

"Captain Darkblade, I presume that the black legion will be near canterlot? 'Cause thats where we're going and I don't want to do a side trip. We have a bit of a time limit on our hooves. If we're going by anything. "

"And hello you two, forgot you for a second there. General Fire Sharp of the Special Operations; first edition, glad to have you on the team, we're probably going to need your help. And I'm sure everyone can make their introductions, but we should probably get a move along soon."

@@@Mint Drop@@Pripyat Pony@,

Darkblade flinched as Selune teleported into the room, his axe flying into one hoof and his other one suddenly baring what appeared to be an energy gun. He quickly lowered both after realizing what happened. "Selune, do me a favor and don't use that particular teleport. Not only is it unnecessary, it also wastes your energy when we could very well be moving out immediately following this meeting."

Darkblade sighed and turned to Fire Sharp. "They are currently in the barracks, Ms. Sharp, resupplying and re-arming, as well as familiarizing themselves with any new technology that the techs have come up with."

He looked around at the others with an appraising glare. He paused at Glory. "A pegacorn... how interesting." He finished his examination of the others, including the orange and brown pegasus and the griffon before grimly smiling. "Well, then... I can see why you need the Inquisition's assistance in this task. Not exactly... top-rate. But anything better we need more time, and time is something we do not have." He stalked to the side of the room, ending up standing next to the pegasus. "Might I please get names so that I may be able to call everyone something other than 'you ponies'?"

Shadow Seer positioned herself so that she was as far away from Lord Inquisitor Darkblade as possible. Both he and White raised an eyebrow at this, but said nothing.

((Let's see if I can bring the others back into this... probably not, but, hey, more the merrier.))

((OOC: Let's see if I can actually get Jaeger to do something lol))

@Thunder Knight

Jaeger tipped his hat when he heard the voice of a new pony. He looked the new pony over, he honestly had no idea who he was and he honestly didn't care. He could tell all of these ponies were grouped together wether it was military or this Inquisition, it really made him in comfortable, but he wasn't going to be rude so he decide to introduce himself, -hopefully somepony will give a damn to know my name this time- he thought to himself sarcastically.

He didn't move his eyes from the table when he spoke. "You can call me Jaeger if you want or "hey you" I really couldn't care less." he said in a cold tone, pulling out a cigar and lighting it, giving one last look at the stallion in question he began to wonder why the hell they had called him here. -I'm just a merc with a hell of a grudge, why would they want me? Unless......" he thought shifting his gaze to the tattoo on his fore leg. -but how the hell would they know......- he thought eyes going wide, not realizing he was still staring at Darkblade.

• Brohoof 1