Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions on Trixie

Slice0Pie

You all know the great and powerful Trixie! The pony who did her best to try to act powerful, so, what do you think of her? I personally love her, and hope to see her more, anyway

Is she best pony?

Does she have a good color scheme?

Should she be shown more, or less?

Post your opinions! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Personally I never got the huge appeal of her, to me she doesnt stick out any more than Gilda or the Flim Flam brothers. She is a decent enough pony, but theres nothing about her that really makes her amazing, at least in my opinion

• Brohoof 2

She was a pretty cool antagonist, although I wish there was more to her. We haven't seen much of her and from what we have seen, she okay at best.

I originally hated her when I first saw her. But after watching the series through several times, she's warmed up to me. Still not amazing...but okay.

I'd love a spin-off completely about Trixie, but even I see that's never going to happen, so i'm not going there.

Grab a seat, because this is going to be some reading...

Now, I already like the fact she's a unicorn, add the nice color scheme, the boastful character, and the evil laugh, and you've got my favorite pony right there.

I often feel she's looked down upon in the wrong way after the events of the Alicorn Amulet. Clearly, Trixie was sad she was not appreciated at all, so she resorted to the amulet to aid her. However, it was told that the amulet does indeed, corrupt, it's wearer. She wasn't evil, she was lonely and felt like nobody even paid attention to her.

The wizard's hat and cloak are a super-cute factor enhancer, nobody can deny this. Everypony loves a silly hat.

She was a pretty strong villian too, although i admit the amulet did increase her magical abilities. Twilight had to somewhat "cheat" to be able to beat her, showing that Trixie could possibly be nearly, or maybe even as powerful as her.

Also, she's a very honest character, she even manages to trick you that she didn't do it, and with that cute face, you'd believe it easily.

And BAM, i'll give your eyes a rest, for now...

• Brohoof 2

I honestly have little support for her and her role as a character in the series. She appeared stuck up, arrogant, and just a real jerk to Twilight and her friends.

Her apology was also poor in quality and credibility as well. She doesn't seem like she has gone through much change and development and I don't feel all that sorry for her.

The only thing I like about her is her character design, her mare, and how childish she sounded when she was gloating. I thought that was just adorable! :P

Come at me Trixie-lovers

lol 

I really do think she's cute in appearance though. The writer's could of done a better job at writing her character development and reformation out, but oh well. I know she's not evil, but still she shouldn't cover up her loneliness and pain by acting that way she acted.

Nonetheless, I give you a picture of Trixie for the heck of it!  

rsz_the_great_and_powerful_trixie_by_flu

• Brohoof 1

She has got to be the hottest pony in the whole of Equestria.

Trixie might be somewhat of a jerk but at the end of the day she's still one of my many favorite ponies.

Trixie is an interesting character, but at the same time she's also bland. Not much is shown from her except that she comes across as boastful, arrogant, and bitter (although, I can see why she acted that way).

I liked her appearances, but I felt she only showed the same traits in both of her episodes and nothing really new was shown from her besides she was corrupted by the Alicorn Amulet. 

For the most part, she's a decent character, but she would be better if she had more development.

Not a fan of her. She's just too mean for me to like. I only somewhat disliked her in boast busters, but magic duel sealed in the trixie dislike for me. Just seeing what she did to everyone and the way she turned ponyville into a dictatorship pissed me off. And her "redemption" was far too quick and kinda lazily done. I could have forgiven her had she tried to show ANY sign of will against the alicorn amulet but she never did. Hell, even AFTER the amulet came off her, she tried zapping rainbow dash with an "agony" spell. So in other words, she showed her true colors and I didn't like what I saw.

I think her design is good and the "doesn't trust wheels" joke was pretty funny, but other than that I can't understand d why she's so loved.

Edited by crazitaco

She's not what I would consider as 'best pony' in the show but her attitude and the way she acts is exactly how I was when I was very young. You could say that I have a soft spot for her due to this connection and because she was my very first pony doodle in both the traditional and digital mediums. I also don't really see Trixie as being a true villain but an individual whom has made some poor choices and just needs a caring friend to talk some sense into them. 

As for color scheme it's pretty snazzy, I'm guessing that the color choices are based on a tetrad color scheme. As for seeing her more throughout the show? I wouldn't mind it but I'm not begging for it, hopeful is more like it. She'll most likely pop around for tiny tidbits throughout seasons but will probably remain as "the background pony who got two episodes."

Edited by Accellerant

i think shes just a wannabe show off cause she acted like a total buttface in one of the episodes, especially when she turned my mare's hair green......I'll DESTROY HER!!!!!!!

Either you haven't watched the recent episode of her or you ignored it.

I think there must be a background story to her ego-like attitude. It could have been that Twilight Sparkle and Trixie were sisters, and Trixie at first didn't like the idea that she was not better than Twilight Sparkle.

But then she grew to realize that her ego was not important and decided to take another path. There are other theories, but I think this one stands out.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie is not a character I like that much. She's big headed, a lier, and does what ever she can to seem better than everyone else. Not to mention her talent is kinda pointless. Not sure how performing magic in a world of magic is a way to make a lot of money. The other thing I don't get is why people think there is tragedy in her life. Trixie could just be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk or to just draw in a better crowd for her shows.

I do kinda hope they have an episode were she not a jerk, but I think they might just be done with her.

I think there must be a background story to her ego-like attitude. It could have been that Twilight Sparkle and Trixie were sisters, and Trixie at first didn't like the idea that she was not better than Twilight Sparkle.   But then she grew to realize that her ego was not important and decided to take another path. There are other theories, but I think this one stands out.

Yes this does stand out, as being the most wrong theory ever. For one they would have already told us that Twilight and Trixie were sisters. Twilight would have recognized her in the episode and called her sister or something. So I highly doubt they have any relation to each other.  

Trixie is not a character I like that much. She's big headed, a lier, and does what ever she can to seem better than everyone else. Not to mention her talent is kinda pointless. Not sure how performing magic in a world of magic is a way to make a lot of money. The other thing I don't get is why people think there is tragedy in her life. Trixie could just be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk or to just draw in a better crowd for her shows.

I do kinda hope they have an episode were she not a jerk, but I think they might just be done with her.

Yes this does stand out, as being the most wrong theory ever. For one they would have already told us that Twilight and Trixie were sisters. Twilight would have recognized her in the episode and called her sister or something. So I highly doubt they have any relation to each other.  

Then they would have announced Derpy in an episode or announced Derpy coming back in later episodes. Hasbro hides things for the better of the entertainment of the audience. It isn't wrong or right until proven otherwise.

I assume that sometimes Trixie is a jerk but, I think that she is one of my favorite ponies. She is usually one of those ponies, that you usually can't hate.

great_and_powerful_trixie__by_theodoresf

• Brohoof 1

Then they would have announced Derpy in an episode or announced Derpy coming back in later episodes. Hasbro hides things for the better of the entertainment of the audience. It isn't wrong or right until proven otherwise.

They didn't announce Derpy because they might have wanted it to be a surprise to everyone. Also there is no guarantee that Derpy well be in any other episodes.

Besides these are 2 completely different subjects. Bring a character back is kinda different from giving a character this kinda development. They would have mention this sooner or put it in, Boast Busters. To what we know that was the first time the 2 characters have met. 

To what we know...

And this is my point. We don't know yet. I only presented a theory and nothing else. Don't need to get all worked over it.

Yes this does stand out, as being the most wrong theory ever.

That just sounded like you wanted to be snotty about it.

I love Trixie. Her character design is fantastic and I believe there is more to her than what you see.  At first she always speaks in the third person and is very boastful, but when faced with the realities of her lies she drops her pompous manner of speech and begins talking normally. This hints that she puts on an act even when not performing in order to hide her own insecurities. It makes me think there is an interesting back story that I want to see. 

• Brohoof 1

I despised how quickly the mane six started judging her, and how that instantly made her a villan. She's a show pony for Celestia's sake. Her gig is to show dazling feats of magic for the ponies to enjoy. She has to boast to bring in a crowd and revenue. The sheer fact that Twilight & Co. judge her right off the bat, especially since they have Rainbow Dash boasting all the time and barely bat an eye, show a severe flaw in their characters. The fact that each of them confronted Rixie and lost, not only would have help Trixie's reputation, but also showed that she has a decent amount of magical ability.

The bigger antagonist throughout the episode was either Twilight's insecurity, or a certain pair of ponies who took Trixie's boasting way too far, so far, actually, that the brought a GIANT STAR BEAR to Ponyville which started to destroy the town and, Trixie's stage. Yet, the two were practically rewarded for their reckless behaviour and Trixie had to run out of town with no belongings anymore. And Trixie's the one who needs to learn a lesson? Gimme a break.

In Magic Duel, Trixie had to resort to the amulet because she had nothing anymore, and had to suffer for someone else's carelessness. In a fit of rage, or something, Trixie decided that she was going to show Twilight how it felt to be left with nothing, so she took the amulet. I highly doubt she knew it would corrupt he so. She took over Ponyville, because the amulet was corupting her more and more. She probably didn't realize how much suffering she was putting the Ponyvillians through, because by that point it was too late. The amulet had her, and she saw herself as just for making the rest of the six through suffering too. When she finally took it off, it probably took a while for the effects to wear off, so when she went to agonize RD, it was because she was still feeling the effects of the amulet. Her "redemption" was piss poor, and the writers should feel bad, though at least she was still the Trixie some of us love, though a bit more apologetic.

(Edit: Just realized Larson wrote Magic Duel... no wonder the ending sucked. XP Nah, I kid... a little.)

Now that I'm done ranting, how about some other things. Her coloration and style were aesthetically pleasing, and the cape went well with, not just her color, but also her personality and profession. She is best pony, and I wish she would get a bit more respect.

Edited by Bladed & Verses
  • Brohoof 4

I think Trixie is one of the best vileness characters in the show.

Her overly confient and  boastful personality make her a joy to watch.

Hell I did fan art on her too.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why but I really like Trixie ever since I first saw her. Maybe it's her design or her personality. Even with the small screen time she had in Boast Busters she was still fleshed out very well with flaws and her goal was presented well.

That's really how you show off a new character give them a goal, show their flaws, and give them an interesting personality (see Meghan this is how you introduce new characters). Boast Buster may not be my favorite episode but Trixie really stands out in it.

I hope that we see her at least once in season 4. She dosen't even have to half a speaking roll just have her standing in the background.

• Brohoof 2

Never saw what was so great about her. She appeared in a very mediocre season 1 episode and a good S3 episode, talks in 3rd person(which, unless your The Rock, I really hate), boasts based on lies, and much more things that grind my gears.

However, I'd be lying if I said she didn't have one of the most prettiest designs/color scheme's in the show in the show

• Brohoof 1