Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ben Affleck to play Batman in "Man of Steel" sequel?

Moonlight

Will Ben Affleck be a good Batman?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Will Ben be a good Bat?

• Yes
    • No

No Christian Bale? It's not that big of a deal, but I like it when actors that represent a character in one movie are recycled and reappear in a different movie. I like to think that there's only one batman in the DC Universe rather than having a "Man of Steel" batman and a "The Dark Knight" batman. After all, both movies were filmed by the same companies.

I don't know much about Affleck, but all I hope is that he can do a good "batman" voice lol.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

LOL I don't even know who Ben Affleck is...well not really, I don't know what he's done and stuff. I'll just jump on the hate train like everyone else because that is what I'm supposed to do right?

But to be honest Christian Bale really exhausted his role as Batman. No one could take him seriously after all the internet parodies of him.

Now for something my friend wrote the script for

Edited by akalink
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno. He was a pretty solid Daredevil.

A lot of people were outraged when they heard Michael Keaton was playing Batman, but he turned out pretty good.

Maybe Benjamin can give Batman a brooding voice that doesn't sound like someone who's been eating whole lemons wrapped in sandpaper and barbed wire. Bale is a good Bruce, but a weak Batman.

• Brohoof 1

I do not want Ben Affleck to play Batman, even though people defend him when it came to being in the Daredevil movie. But, he didn't do that good of a job. Let's give him a shot, but I think we need someone that can pull off a sub par Batman.

I just learned of this, and have been reading some articles about it. I'm not sure what to think yet. I don't think he is a bad actor, but I just can't see him as Batman/Bruce Wayne. But you never know, we could be surprised like we were with Micheal Keaton as Batman and Heith Ledger as the Joker.

What is interesting is that overnight, there were several petitions put up to remove him as batman and each one of them has several thousand signatures so far. Some one even tried to petition to the Government that they make a bill saying that it should be illegal for Ben Affleck to play a superhero. I found that one to be pretty funny.

I know that Zack Snyder wanted to get someone who was around 40 in age, and he wanted this Batman to be somewhere between Keaton's and Bale's. Zack seems to believe that he has made the right choice in casting Ben.

But we will just have to wait and see.

I actually can't wait to see Affleck as the caped crusader. He was pretty damn good in Argo, and there is currently no screen actor who has excelled as Batman. Even the best live action Batmen were just "okay." Affleck could be the one that finally hits it out of the park.

Hello,

If you're like me, you love Batman. And if you love Batman you love the DarkKnight trilogies. Well, ever since Warner Brothers announced that Batman and SuperMan will be doing a movie together everyone ha been wondering if Christian Bell will be replaying his role as the Batman.

Well no! Ben Affleck is. I personally think he can't pull it off. I think Christian Bell has been the best Batman we've ever had and without him it just wouldn't be the same. But hey, I could be wrong.

What's your opion on this character change? Do you think Ben will do good, or bad? Tell us below!

Batman-Logo-batman-9683803-1280-1024.jpg

• Brohoof 3

From what I heard, Christian Bale won't be reprising his role as Batman since Christopher Nolan and Bale stated that The Dark Knight Rises would be the last that we see of Bale as Batman for now. As for Affleck, I don't really expect him to go good since a lot of people criticize his role as Daredevil in the 2003 movie Daredevil. We doubted Heath Ledger to be Joker but, we were proven wrong when he won an Oscar for his role. Ben Affleck might pull off Batman, but I'm not so sure yet.

With Ben Affleck I have liked his movies and the characters he has played, so I'm gonna keep a open mind with him as batman like i did with EQG, you never know he may be a great batman

Well, he's a terrible actor in general, and there's absolutely no chance he can pull off Batman well. If this movie is good, it'll have to be a result of the writing because the casting is terrible. Christian Bale is getting a bit old for Batman, though judging by the role that they want Batman to fill in this movie, that could work out well. I think they really should have found a better, new actor.

Also Kevin Conroy is best Batman.

• Brohoof 3

I just found out and i think manana (tomorrow)  i am going to Jump off of the Sears (willis so people know what im talking about) tower! If you know me at all on this site then you know im the biggest batman fan ever, i have a Batman poster in my room, Batman keychain, Ive read almost every Batman comic and i Have an extensive library of Batman comicsas well, I post Batman at least once a week, I have every Batman movie, (yes even Batman and Robin) I have a batman suit, a life size Batman in my apt (yes sometimes when im with my girlfriend i put a sheet over it) Im a bigger Batman Fan then i am an MLP or Rainbow Dash fan and i am a huge Rainbow Dash Fan i have a rainbow dash plushi in my room too, ( yes sometimes i put a sheet over it when im with my girlfriend) There is a Batman sticker on my amp, and my bass guitar, and i even have my Batman sheets from when i was freaking 7 in my closet! so to find out one of the worst actors in our generation will play the fictional hero i based my moral code of off was devastating to say the least! Ben Affleck will never Be Bruce Wayne! NEVER!!!

Christian Bale set the bar pretty high for Batman and Bruce Wayne so its quite difficult for anyone to top that including Ben Affleck. Ben is better known for his role in comedy and satires. He's had some more meaningful roles in chick flicks and casual family issue films, but Batman is a very emotional and dramatic character not to mention genre. Now he could pull off a Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Robin character but Batman..no. Batman is a very stoic and emotional character and is often put into a very dramatic genre. I don't think Affleck has that kind of experience yet.

If Christopher Nolan directs this film, which there's a good chance he won't, Affleck certainly would NOT make the cut. As harshly as people judged Man of Steel, Nolan puts an incredible amount of depth to his characters and that shows through the acting. I just don't think Affleck is at that point in his career yet where he can pull off such a character like Batman, especially considering that he will be interacting with Superman, an EXTREMELY important relationship that writers focus on in the DC universe.

Really? Clooney's bat-nipples? I've seen the entire Dark Knight trilogy, and IN have to say, Bale was one awesome Batman, to say the least. But IN honestly don't think Ben Affleck can pull of Batman. Christian Bale will always be the once and future Batman.

Well as the resident Derp Knight of these forums, I guess I better chime in and give my two bits on this bit of news.  Honestly, I cannot at this time vote whether or not Ben Affleck will or won't be a good Batman, because it's just too early to tell.  I will also say that this could easily get bucked up if director Zack Snyder either gives him the wrong direction or writes the character poorly.  However, I'm not all that worried about Affleck's own acting chops in this matter, despite the fact that his last outing as a superhero was in the abysmal "Daredevil".  The guy, despite appearing in some truly horrible movies, has been making quite the comeback recently in his professional career both as an actor and a director, so I'm actually not all that worried about his own abilities as an actor to pull the part off.  He doesn't have to be super ripped either to play the part, and he can certainly pull off a suave, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Bruce Wayne persona.  I can't really envision at this time what his Batman voice will be like, though I do hope he doesn't alter his voice that much as it could be downright silly with him, but overall, I guess my feelings over this casting decision after some careful thought, taking everything we do know at the moment into account, would be... cautious optimism.

• Brohoof 3

I would prefer it if they had cast Adam West in the role instead..
No, seriously, that would be amazing.

No Batman will ever surpass Adam West and his utility belt; complete with Bat-O-Rang and Bat-Shark Repellant.

post-17521-0-01015100-1377371719.gif

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure yet. I'll wait till the movie to come out to judge, but I'm really not a fan of Affleck. I wish Christian Bale had accept the 50mil to come back and be Batman. ;_;

Hello,

If you're like me, you love Batman. And if you love Batman you love the DarkKnight trilogies. Well, ever since Warner Brothers announced that Batman and SuperMan will be doing a movie together everyone ha been wondering if Christian Bell will be replaying his role as the Batman.

Well no! Ben Affleck is. I personally think he can't pull it off. I think Christian Bell has been the best Batman we've ever had and without him it just wouldn't be the same. But hey, I could be wrong.

What's your opion on this character change? Do you think Ben will do good, or bad? Tell us below!

Batman-Logo-batman-9683803-1280-1024.jpg

Hey, Sir.Flutter Hooves. Your topic appeared to be similar to an existing one, so I went ahead and merged them. In the future, please use the search feature before creating a new topic. Moreover, don't forget that topics relating to film or other media should go in Media Discussion. 

• Brohoof 1

I have the same feeling as BlackNerdComedy.

I don't honestly know that much about Ben Affleck to really make an opinion. I can't wait to see his performance  as Batman though!

Edited by Pegasus Device

I'm actually kind of disapointed because of this.

Christian Bale was amazing as batman but I guess they might want someone err...younger.

BUT I WANT CHRISTIAN BAAAALE!

As a Batman lover, I guess I'll keep an open mind about this. He might be a pretty good batman.

Because I remember some of us judging things before we saw it.....*coughEQGcough*

Edited by Eureka