Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you guys want Flash Sentry & Twilight to be a couple in S4?

Speedy_Dashie

I do ship Flash&Twilight but I don't want it to get to serious because it would ruin the show entirely, and make it not as suitable for younger viewers, I would rather them to stay at the level where they already are, secret crushing.

• Brohoof 2

I don't exactly want Flash Sentry and Twilight as a couple in Season Four, even though they make a cute couple. But, I just don't feel that they could be a couple who show a lot of commitment to one another in the show.

Ahah I'm not really a shipper, but I like seeing them together. Yes, I agree on the seriousness of their relationship.. I don't want them to be super lovey dovey. Just a few cute dorky moments together would satisfy me already. :3

It would be a great idea to "find a special somepony" for the mane six, it could fill an episode, and plenty of other epiodes through the show. But of course, it would be a big change, but quite enjoyable in my opinion.

I'd rather Twilight and Trixie as a couple, but that's just me. Yeah, I know Hasbro and The Hub would never go for that, but opposites do attract. Besides, Twilight's magic is now powerful enough for, um, offspring. I'll leave it for the reader to imagine just how!

When fans look at Flash and Twilight, they're just going to see Twilight attracted to her big brother look a like. Except for Spike, Twilight has only been interested in one male character and that was her brother which she looked up highly too. If Flash dares to speak with some other mare, he might find himself teleported to a not so nice place.

Edited by Singe

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I kind of like the pairing; but, on the other hoof, there was never a viable Twilight based pairing.  Once a better guy comes along for Twilight, I'm sure we'll all be like "Flash who?"

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 1

I do ship Flash&Twilight but I don't want it to get to serious because it would ruin the show entirely, and make it not as suitable for younger viewers, I would rather them to stay at the level where they already are, secret crushing.

How would it ruin the show? If done properly, romantic storylines are possible and fine for young viewers. Look at how Avatar handled Sokka and Suki

• Brohoof 3

Nah, I wasn't really a fan of Flash Sentry. He was possibly the thing I liked least about EG. I loved EG and didn't really think he was all that bad, but he just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, and I never want to see him ever again.

I'd like to see something along those lines, as I said in another thread, a well done romance subplot is only a good thing for the target demographic, it's a healthy introduction to the topic. I can imagine a few dorky moments of awkward courting one another if they decide to make it so, and eventually a 'lets just be friends' decision or the like. Definitely an option going forward into S4. But I'm pretty sure they said Flash was a one off character in an interview. 

Not that I have a problem with them being a couple; I'm sure it would be cute, but currently; their relationship is very shallow. However, if they were develop further as friends first like they did with the Mane 6, and then they start going into a relationship; I would be fine.

• Brohoof 3

Nah, I wasn't really a fan of Flash Sentry. He was possibly the thing I liked least about EG. I loved EG and didn't really think he was all that bad, but he just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, and I never want to see him ever again.

Yeah, because his character just doesn't fit in the series. When watching FIM series, it's expected that characters are not "perfect." They have to have flaws or quirks that sets them apart. 

• Brohoof 1

I liked Flash Sentry as a character in the movie. Well, I do agree that the relationship of the two in the main show may not be a good idea, because such relationship may cause isolation of Twilight from her friends(as if her being alicorn wasn't enough - of course I don't mean I hate her for becoming alicorn). Also, it would be awkward to have Twilight Sparkle and pony version of Flash Sentry begin a relationship in the first place, as canonically, pony version of Flash Sentry know next to nothing about Twilight, so the relationship built up in Equestria Girls should be rebuilt in the main story for the relationship between Twilight and Flash Sentry to occur, which is highly impractical.

But, as I said earlier, I liked Flash Sentry in the movie. I'm not specifically certain why, I just do. So it would have been awesome if he made brief/cameo appearances in season 4, just like how Fancy Pants from 'Sweet and Elite', S02E09 made a brief appearance in 'A Canterlot Wedding Part 2', S02E26. Of course, it will not be a good idea to give him a major role, as that would require the episode to provide the audience a breifing of what happen in the movie to back up his character, which would be tedious. Like, he could briefly appear delivering urgent messages to princess Cadence similar to what guard pony do in the opening of 'The Crystal Empire', S03E01 to Princess Celestia.

Edited by SuperMarioKingdom

Yeah, because his character just doesn't fit in the series. When watching FIM series, it's expected that characters are not "perfect." They have to have flaws or quirks that sets them apart. 

Yep, you got that right on the nose. Pretty well his biggest and only flaw was that he once dated Sunset Shimmer, which isn't really much of a flaw on him at all. His character just doesn't have enough depth and his sole existence seems to be to help Twilight. Like a manic pixie dream boy/girl without the sense of wonder. 

Yep, you got that right on the nose. Pretty well his biggest and only flaw was that he once dated Sunset Shimmer, which isn't really much of a flaw on him at all. His character just doesn't have enough depth and his sole existence seems to be to help Twilight. Like a manic pixie dream boy/girl without the sense of wonder. 

Perfect goody two-shoes are most of the time bland and boring characters on their own. They become predictable and can't keep interest very long.

Even FIM doesn't allow Celestia to be the "perfect" good character. They throw quirks in like the photo of her eating cake, the tea trolling, and inviting Twilight's friends to the GGG to spice it up.

How would it ruin the show? If done properly, romantic storylines are possible and fine for young viewers. Look at how Avatar handled Sokka and Suki

This.

Also, let us not forget Ron and Kim from Kim Possible. They are in a committed relationship in the fourth season and it did not ruin the show, especially not for 'younger viewers'.

This is something I am in support of. I personally think it would be incredibly cute and could be good development down the line. It would just have to be handled with care on when they do it if they do so. Sadly, it is something I doubt will happen, but one can hope. As bland as Flash seemed in EqG, I think he has a lot more potential so it would be good for that as well. It would be a reason to bring him back and give him some proper development.

Sokka + Suki and Ron + Kim doesn't match up to Flash + Twilight.  The guys are butt monkey/joke characters pairing up with the perfect girls.

Flash + Twilight is Gary Stu pairing with Mary Sue.

How I feel about the whole Equestrian Girls film is that MLP FiM is a victim of its own success and it was a step that shouldn't have ever been done. That said, I'm hoping Flash Sentry/Twilight pairing never leaves the film and enters the show.

• Brohoof 1

I think that Flash should not appear in S4. And he already was stated not to be appearing and I'm glad. I think it would ruin a little the show.  He was the thing I liked least about equestria girls. That's just my opinion though.

I wouldn't mind it, but it has to be done in the right way. If season 4 started off when them dating right away I think that would be to fast and would ruin the show. First we don't know anything about Pony Flash, who I assume is a little different from human flash. Seeing as one is a knight and the other is a teenager with a car. So Twilight would have to get use to this new Flash and see if she even has feelings for him.

If you ask me they should just become friends first and kinda build up a friendship and see if they want to take it to that next level. It should be done like this one episode of Smile Precure I saw once. In the episode one of the characters just hung out with a boy as just friends and towards the end she was not sure what she thought of him. So maybe in that kinda of way. 

• Brohoof 1

The show was intended to teach friendship. Yes you can include Shining Armour and Princess Cadence, but even so, the episode felt more like a romantic/love episode than a friendship episode. If a relationship were to begin in S4, that route would be most likely taken. The focus on friendship could degrade significantly, ruining the point of the show  Another problem is that if Flash and Twilight were in a relationship, then the focus would shift to how it develops more than seeing how the other characters develop their friendships more and more. It might be a good financial move considering how cute the couple is, but it would defeat the purpose of the show. It was a good idea not to include Flash Sentry in Season 4.