Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does your educational background lie?

Onylex

Educatioal backgrounds  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Where does your education lye?

• Home schooled
    • Public schooled
    • Private schooled
    • Online classes
    • College
    • Other means of education and or schooling

Okay, okay, It might sound a little bit nosy(nosey) but, Im kind of curious to know where most of the members on the forums come from at a standpoint as to their educational backgrounds. 

Its just that Iv notice a lot of us seem to have a good verity in culture and, perspectives on just about everything. It made me wander just how much of that comes form educatioal backgrounds. 

Personally, I come from a publicly schooled background, I admit I do like the casualness of public schooling but, I would much rather be privately schooled or take online classes.

At the moment I don't have any college educational background but, I do hope to go to college someday. More specifically, an art college to study graphic design and computer arts.

So what about you, where you lye?  

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 2

I started out with public schools and then made my way to into college I'm still getting college education now though to increase my chances of getting a job in the near future :)

• Brohoof 2

I went to a private primary school and public high school. I have my VCE (I don't know what the equivalent is called) from finishing high school and a multimedia certificate 4 looking to go to university as a mature age student when I'm 21 and thats the extent of it :P

• Brohoof 1

I went to a church preschool, then three different public schools, then a public high school.

Public schooling sucks. I really wish I would've gone private a long time ago, but, eh...too late. :P

I don't know where I want to go to college yet. I'm being looked at my places all over the country and I have a wide variety of interests, which makes it a hard choice.

• Brohoof 2

Went to High School, barely graduated only because of the Co-op thing, and that is it. I basically got lucky in terms of my graduation. I have no plans whatsoever to go to college. I just do not care, despite how much America wants to make it seem like going makes you a god in disguise. It gets kinda old being reminded of that all of the time. Society really plays that up. Like I said though, I don't care anymore, I am fine with my simple life. Now only if my inferiority complex would let me think that way all of the time....

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

I went to a church preschool, then three different public schools, then a public high school.

Public schooling sucks. I really wish I would've gone private a long time ago, but, eh...too late. :P

I don't know where I want to go to college yet. I'm being looked at my places all over the country and I have a wide variety of interests, which makes it a hard choice.

Yeah, I agree with you I think public schooling is just out right terrible or rather, it is at least in my case.

It feels really sloppy and like nobody truly cares if I were to get a real education or not. Biggest reason why I mentioned that I would much rather prefer to be priatly taught or take online classes.  -_-

• Brohoof 2

I've been to two catholic schools, one of which the director, Danny Boyle, attended. I'm also attending a third catholic school although technically it is a college/sixth form.

I'm not so fussed about it being a public school as I believe the actual education lies with the student and their willingness to learn. Also, even at a catholic school and openly being pansexual and an apatheist, I have received literally no abuse other than from one student who will live and die poor and uneducated so it doesn't bother me.

• Brohoof 1

Started out with public schools, then currently I'm now still in high school. I don't what my future holds for me but, I hope it holds something that I'll be proud of.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in a private school system all my life. Even the university I attend is privately owned. Needless to say, the private school atmosphere was a lot better when I reached high school and university in Canada. They were Christian funded, and a lot of people shared my beliefs. They were very welcoming and rarely do I ever feel left out from their friendships.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't like my K-12 experience all that much.  I kept moving from one school to another and had to end up taking an additional year of high school because some schools had more prerequisites to graduate than others did.  Not to mention, a few of those high schools had different schedules for the day.  Took some online courses for a while, didn't like them all that much...  Currently working on my undergraduate in science and then move onto a degree in Biomedical engineering at a different College  :D .  The Comm-College I go to would be better if some of the people quit acting like they were still little kids.  It doesn't really help with planning for classes when the school keeps changing the names of the classes... 

• Brohoof 1

Public school. I find that I'm a slow learner plus they're a lot of trouble makers in my school, so I'm forced to looks up stuff we learn  online and practice it other wise I'd fail, in hindsight this is probably a good thing because now I'm really learning my stuff.

• Brohoof 1

... I think I may have filled out too many of the options. I have been to public schools, I'm in a college which is technically a private school and I've also taken some online classes as well  :wacko:

I went through plain public schooling up to and through middle school. Then, believe it or not, I went to a failing high school for the IB program they had. That's where I would end up taking a few of online classes along with regular classes. The years flew by and I got accepted into a private college a 1000+ of miles away from home. And here I am, approaching the end of my journey as an undergraduate. 

Still, I'm most used to public schooling I think.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

I am in the 11th grade, and the majority of my education thus far has been in the public school system. However, after I graduated from elementary school I decided I was tired of the public schooling system, so I tried out homeschool for the first semester of 7th grade. It did not work for me, so I returned to public school for the second semester of 7th grade and onward. I am glad that I did - I was able to be reunited with my friends, and start making some new ones over time. In addition, I took some classes online in the 10th grade, but at the school building, due to the fact that they were classes that I wanted to take that were not offered traditionally at my school.

After high school I plan to go to college to study mathematics, physics/astronomy, computer science, and philosophy at the undergraduate level. Formally, I might double major in mathematics and physics, and then have a minor in computer science and/or philosophy. I am considering a triple major in mathematics, physics, and computer science, but I will need to carefully determine beforehand whether or not that would be academically and financially feasible. Once I receive my undergraduate degree(s), I would pursue a graduate program in astronomy, culminating in a PhD in astronomy. I would then most likely go through one or more postdoctoral research positions in astronomy for 2-3 years before finding a more permanent research position somewhere.

• Brohoof 2

Well for the beggining of my education until

I was going into 8th grade I was homeschooled, after that I decided I wanted to try public school.

So I tried it and overall liked it more, since homeschooling made me feel kinda lonely( I had homeschool group and stuff, but social stuff was scarce.)

I was kinda not that great socially at first, but I think I've got a lot better for the most part.

I'm now in 10th grade and still public schooled, I prefer it to homeschooling frankly.

• Brohoof 1

My primary school (1st grade-6th grade) was a local catholic school. My secondary school (7th grade-11th grade) is Slough Grammar School (soon to be called Upton Court Grammar School). It is a multifaith grammar school. (BTW, a grammar school is a school for students who are rather good at school. Still don't know why I'm there.)

• Brohoof 3

Personally, I did public schooling from Pre-school up to the middle of 8th grade. My friends then moved away and I was stuck with other people I despise.

So, I switched to online schooling. I'm currently in the 9th grade and I do my classes online.

I don't have to put up with bratty kids, I prefer being quiet and alone, I can listen to music or play a game while working on my schoolwork and I can sleep in. It's a perfect deal for me. And if I can help it, I'm never going public again.

Plus, my work's actually harder than public's. I also get better grades.

When I did my state tests after being online schooled, I got better scores than I did from all my previous public schooling years.

A private college sounds pretty interesting though.

• Brohoof 2

Right now I go to a private college. I went to public school for the entirety of my 13 years. I can't comprehend why everyone is bitching about it. I loved it. I made so many friends my phone couldn't hold any more contacts. Sadly, I took a few dual enrollment classes, but none of the credits transferred. At least the AP classes did.

• Brohoof 1

Actually public schools are in very poor conditions here, and almost 90%of the schools here are public, but the private schools are way better in every way, i mean the maintenance is better , the  taught material is more important and there are a lot more people in private schools than public ones, which actually gave me a quad-lingual language background :)

• Brohoof 1

I went from Catholic schools (kindergarden), to public schools(1st to 4th), to catholic schools again(5th to now). Although, I did feel more comfortable in the public school, cause I feel like I already know everything in the Bible and I want to try out different things.

• Brohoof 1

I have been in public schooling my entire life :lol: . That's mostly because my mom is a public school teacher and we cant afford private-schooling.

But my dad has been trying to convince me to transfer to a Catholic-school.

• Brohoof 1