Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Mane Six were background characters?

FlutterDashie

Lyra, BonBon, Derpy, Octavia, Vinyl, and Dr Whooves.  These 6 are the most developed background characters, at least in the fanon.  I feel like they could do a lot of interesting stuff with such a mixed bag of characters as their main protagonists.  It might even play like a completely different show.

... Though I think a lot of the lists will probably look similar to mine for the reasons stated.  A lot on my list are fan favorites.

Edit: Epic Ninja of the exact same set of characters lol

Edited by FabulousJeremy

Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Octavia, Vinyl, and Dr..Whooves. Those six ponies would be the Mane 6 equivalent to background ponies, the fans write a lot of background pony fan fiction featuring these six. The show would be different with them as a background Mane 6.

266178__safe_derpy%2Bhooves_lyra_vinyl%2

That would be weird and confusing.

If that was the case, I guess the background ponies are now the mane 6.

But I could see that happening, it would be a new change of pace and fun for the most part.

img-1779490-1-the_background_mane_6_elem

Time Turner would obviously be the Twilight of the group.  Looks like Lyra and Vinyl are the Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.  Guess that makes Octavia, Bon-Bon, and Derpy the Rarity, Fluttershy, and AJ.

• Brohoof 2

The show would feature Derpy, Doctor Whooves, Lyra, Bon-Bon, Vynil and Octavia as its Mane Six = Elements of Harmony.

Derpy would be the one to become a princess at the end.

The background ponies turned-mane six in this "universe" have unique designs, with unique eye shapes and hair styles.

Applejack has the design of our Bon-Bon\Shoeshine, Pinkie Pie gets Golden Harvest\Daisy's, Fluttershy gets Cloud Kicker\Merry May's, Rainbow Dash takes on Derpy Hooves\Raindrop's (and now she has both purple-pink hair and eyes), Rarity is a Lemon Hearts\Twinkleshine recolor, and Twilight is a Lyra\Amethyst Star recolor.

If all the main\secondary characters get swapped with background ponies and HasbrOC, and this show had the current Mane6\Cheerilee\Trixie and other recurring character as background ponies, we would ask something like: "What if Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie were the Mane 6, and Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom were the Cutie Mark Crusaders?"