Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever gotten a feeling that you’re doing something wrong?

Luximus

You know, how many of you think that sometimes in life you're doing something wrong. Like me, for example. I can't seem to make any more friends at school anymore. I've only got one friend at school, but I can't seem to be friends with any of the other girls in my school. Then I start getting the feeling that maybe I'm not trying hard enough, or I shouldn't say what I say or do what I do...or anything like that. Have you guys ever done anything like that?

• Brohoof 7

Well, when I do something wrong is when I was trying to make friends in my high school on my first year and I thought I wasn't doing anything right when it came to making friends. It happens a lot of me sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like I'm eating wrong. You know, I know everybody says that you're supposed to chew and swallow, but I feel like there's a step missing in there, maybe it has to do with a rotary saw or forklift, but whatever the case, eating just does not feel right.

I always feel like I'm doing something wrong when I'm reading or something. I just feel like I have to go outside and do something worthwhile.. I can never find an interesting book and it isn't that worth it to sit down and read for an hour.

• Brohoof 1

I have this feeling very often. Many times if someone stops for example answering my messages on skype, facebook etc. I start to wonder if I didn't write anything wrong. I mean it's obvious that I didn't (I try way too much not to write any offensive stuff) but I still can't change the way I'm thinking. Also not much time ago someone blamed me for "trying to break her relationship". I knew that it's not true (even more, I did everything I could to stay away from it and not to interfere) and still I blamed myself due to totally unknown reason. And it happens every time someone blames me even if he/she's not right. I want to change this way of thinking (it can be pretty hard sometimes, especially when You want to hide it), but so far I keep failing. 

Any and all doubt whatsoever that my life was moving in the wrong direction was completely removed in June of last year when my company (the grocery store I have worked for nearly 6 years) stabbed me in the back and suspended and nearly fired me for things I am not yet at liberty to discuss. Some good people went to bat for me so there are some good people in the company but they are not the ones in charge. It was after I hit that low point in my life that I knew things had to change, I never planned on working there for the rest of my life but I never thought they would ever do that to me but then again they did something similar to a good friend of mine so I should have taken my blinders off then and there.

So I came up with a plan, the detailed plan I have ever come up with in my entire life and it was the plan for how I was going to get out of there. set up my future career and get my life back together. The plan is that I will become an author by writing about my experiences growing up with Autism, the information is in high demand and I could use it to help both myself and others. I will also go back to school for the first time in 3 years which will help me keep my sanity by doing something other than work, take better care of myself by making putting down the ice cream and getting a good workout regimen and finally get my drivers license.

I kind of know that spending this much time on the PC all day IS wrong but , there is nothing much to do arround here...

and also i try to get fit but no matter what sport i try i give up after a while and move on 

And same thing bout the friends having 2~3 friends that are actual friends is better than having 100 friends which are superficial and dumb, but we all know that at some point we try to fit in but it just doesn't work

I have had that feeling my whole life. I have even pin pointed the exact problem too. It involves me still existing. That's wrong enough right there. I don't think I have to explain that one. Pretty self-explanatory.

This was me during my Physics class and Chemistry class every other day. Didn't help that the teachers could be real nasty too.

And chemistry lab in high, damn chemistry lab. That was the worst. One trip up and you had acid or some weird chemical spilling everywhere and the teacher yelling down your throat and flunking you for the day. Apparently in college the instructor doesn't yell at you, but if you mess up the experiment you have to usually start over from the VERY BEGINNING.

Oh and math, which I suck at in general, but somehow ended up scoring higher than reading on the SAT. Go

figure.

I can understand how you feel about friends too by the way. Some classmates I've had are good folks and don't ask much of me and we still hang out. Others always ask me to come over or ask for money, and even when I do, they never reciprocate, not that I'd ask them too. Its hard to find good friends at times.

Edited by Cwanky

All the time.  I have aspergers, so a lot of the time I feel like nuro typical people are perfect and do everything right, and I'm an underling.  I know nowadays that's not true, but I used to think so, so I used everyone else as an example...

I get this feeling once in a while. I'm just starting High-School this year and I'm very nervous about what could go wrong. But in my middle school years, I sometimes felt like I was pushing it when I tried to figure out what was wrong with my friends when they were sad. I always ask them, "What's wrong?" and they answer, "Nothing..." when obviously there is something wrong. But I keep asking and asking, "Are you sure? Are you sure?" and they blow up at me. I just really care about other's feelings and I always want to help them out with their problems. But I'm never trusted anymore because everyone thinks I'm just nosy, when I really do care. :/

So then I feel I did something wrong to everyone because I care about my friends.

Edited by PrincessOfWub

I totally get what you mean mate. Throughout the entirety of my freshman year, I had always felt like I could never understand how to make friends and talk with people. I felt like such a failure in that sense.

I'm doing a lot better now that I'm a senior and have changed schools, but I still have those moments where I just feel like I fail awkwardly in making new friends. 

So yeah, I can relate. :/

• 1 month later...

Many times, like when I'm trying to talk with my BF some days I feel like I don't give him much space and I feel like a asshole and that I'm doing everything wrong...

When I play a game and I die, I feel like I don't know how to play the game or something...

Literally every single person who has ever existed beyond babyhood has gotten the feeling that they're doing something wrong.

Literally every single person who has ever existed beyond babyhood has been correct in feeling that they're doing something wrong.

Humans are flawed. Dysfunction in varying degrees is basically the human condition.

• 5 years later...

For my whole life, I have always felt that I've been doing something wrong. I still worry over every action I do or word I say, as I'm always unsure about myself. I'm always anxious that I might have said the wrong thing to others, and could have offended them. I just don't want to be a bother to anyone, that's all. 

But everything I seem to do is a mistake, and I end up being ashamed and filled with self-hatred for what I've done for the rest of my life. I really don't forget things so easily. All these mistakes that I make all the time, would build my feelings of emotional trauma over the years of my life, to the point where I just can't keep doing this anymore.

I always try to be myself when I talk with girls or other people, but I guess sometimes I'm not doing something right because I'm just socially awkward. And then the people hurt my self esteem which makes it harder for me to talk with others.

I feel like I do something wrong all the time. Especially when I'm trying to communicate with people, because I'm not really capable of socializing in an effective manner. It's one of the several things that makes me suspect that I am on the Autism spectrum, though have managed to remain undiagnosed at the age of 21 years (and another half year, almost).

I always seem to overthink things, so even if I think I'm doing something right, I often end up rethinking it later on and wondering if I could have done something better or differently. I almost always speak without thinking, and then later on I realize all the different ways I could have been misunderstood and it bothers me. I know a lot of that is residual OCD trying to rear its ugly head, but I can't always stop it. I have an impulsive nature, with an overly cautious subroutine always running in the background. What a mess. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, constantly. I feel different from everybody else. I feel like I can't connect to anyone. Like there's some sort of barrier between me and everyone else. It's hard for me to empathize with other peoples' emotions, and it's hard for me to express my own emotions in a meaningful way. Almost like I'm a human with a broken emotions processor.

On top of that, I talk to myself a lot. Like, a lot. I do it to spill my thoughts, but because there's nobody else willing to listen, I talk to myself. I've had 4-hour long conversations with myself, talking about all the deep garbage in my life, trying to get all that crap off my chest. But because I'm the only one listening, it's not actually helping at all.

I'm a mess.

• 1 month later...

Not a day goes by where I am not feeling this. On a near constant basis I feel like there is something that I am doing terrible. Could be my signatures or it could be as something as broad as life itself. I am always second guessing myself. Welcome to the world of a severe anxiety disorder combined with no self-confidence.